Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
    I don't think we can win the group.
    I doesn't matter who wins, all we have to do is win all remaining games. We will qualify as second place team.
    If we can not win the remaining games, it is best that we don't qualify for the next round.

period.

In reality all games tomorrow have an effect on our final standing. We should really know which groups won't qualify their second place teams.

Look at group F Kyrgyzstan is playing Tajikistan a tie will probably eliminate both
    Group "G" Big game Thailand Vs. Vietnam, UAE is struggling just like us.
    Group "H" Lebanon vs North Korea , similarly a tie should eliminate both very possible
    How about these comments

I think second place in Group "F" and "H" should be eliminated.

Comment

2nd place predictions

Group "A" China; 17 points ADVANCE
      Group "B" Kuwait; 16 points ADVANCE
      Group "C" Iran; 16 points ADVANCE
      Group "D" Uzbekistan; 15 points ADVANCE
      Group "E" Oman ; 18 points ADVANCE
      Group "F" Tajikistan; 13 points
      Group "G" Vietnam; 15 points
      Group "H" North Korea ; 14 points

Comment

Originally posted by OSTAD POOYA View Post
        I know many know this but I know many don't that its only 4 out of the 8 best second placed teams that qualify to the next round of the qualifications. As it stands today things are not looking good for Iran as most groups are very tight and actually 2nd and 3rd placed teams have higher points than Iran. The only way we will top the group is we MUST win all 4 remaining matches. Anything besides that is a coin toss. This is how the 2nd ranked teams look as of today.
        Ranking of runner-up teams
        1. Oman 5 games 12 points
        2. Kuwait 5 games 10 points
        3. Malaysia 5 games 9 points
        4. Bahrain 5 games 9 points
        5. S. Korea 4 games 8 points
        6. Saudi 4 games 8 points
        7. China 4 games 7 points
        8. kyrgystan 5 games 7 points
        As you see 3 of the main teams that are ranked 5,6,7 have more points than us and 1 game at hand just like Iran. The only positive I can think of is that Since Qatar is the host and most likely will finish 1st or even at 2nd a fifth number 2 team will get to go through. The groups will be super tight going to the last day. Honestly anything besides winning all remaining matches if not looking good for us. Even 1 loss and we are doomed as teams will pass us.
        If you go look at even 3rd placed teams now there are some such as Jordan and a few others that have more points than Iran.
        At the end of the day things are not looking good!
        What you didn't take into account is that if South Korea and Saudi win their next game, they will be first in the group. The second placed teams in their group (Uzbekistan +6 GD and Turkmenistan +3 GD) will be on 9 points. Meaning that if Iran win their next game, they will be on 9 points with superior goal difference. Therefore, worst case scenario after matchday 5 is that Iran will be the 3rd ranked team from the runners up table. Still a pretty good chance, but not the most confident way to make it to the next round

Comment

Already with the agar o ama? Lol Jesus Mohammad you guys.

Yes the situation is not looking good. But it’s not like we are 2010 WCQ’ing state either. Keep positive and optimistic. If the federation doesn’t do their best the people will voice their opinions. And right now with what’s happening regarding gas prices and riots, everyone is under fire.

I wish the best for Team Melli. I think we will find our way into the final round.

Comment

imagine this mess of a team in the second round lol.

our current football team is the worst i have ever remembered.

Second worst would be Ghalehnoyi's TM for the Asian Cup and third worst being Ghotbi's team before CQ came in

Comment

Originally posted by alitor82 View Post
              What you didn't take into account is that if South Korea and Saudi win their next game, they will be first in the group. The second placed teams in their group (Uzbekistan +6 GD and Turkmenistan +3 GD) will be on 9 points. Meaning that if Iran win their next game, they will be on 9 points with superior goal difference. Therefore, worst case scenario after matchday 5 is that Iran will be the 3rd ranked team from the runners up table. Still a pretty good chance, but not the most confident way to make it to the next round

Great point. That does increase the ray of light shinning upon us! Hopefully in a free Iran in the near future.

Comment

As far as I know the points against the last team will not be included at the end of the qualification (if we finish second). In this case, it would be also the goals against Cambodia which would not be counted. Currently Iran only managed to score 3 goals and also received 3. Maybe some user know the exactly rules about this scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by Iranian-Fan View Post
                  As far as I know the points against the last team will not be included at the end of the qualification (if we finish second). In this case, it would be also the goals against Cambodia which would not be counted. Currently Iran only managed to score 3 goals and also received 3. Maybe some user know the exactly rules about this scenario?
                  This will be the case if a group has more teams than other groups. With this edition, all groups have 5 teams competing, therefore all matches and goals count.

Comment

Originally posted by alitor82 View Post
                    This will be the case if a group has more teams than other groups. With this edition, all groups have 5 teams competing, therefore all matches and goals count.
                    Ahh didn't know that, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                    X