Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ kojai? Your absence already felt. 23 game unbeaten streak of WCQ in the toilet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ was a special coach and our TM grew stronger in many areas gaining international credibility during his rein. He truly cared about TM even more than many Iranians would and grew gray fighting for our national team. Unfortunately, IFF did not know how to manage him (it wasn't his fault) and did not have the wisdom to extend him not appreciating his worth. It's water under the bride. Time to move on. He is gone and he is not coming back. Let's learn from the past and create a bright future for TM. I hope IFF leadership will do that. Of course, with everything that has transpired in the past 10.5 months since we lost Carlos, I am not optimistic. There is some hope since there is a younger generation coming up in IFF. Of course, they remain to be tested. For now, we have our talent that CQ developed and I am sure they will continue to fight for Iran's honor on the pitch.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Thank you for the useful Amazon link. We were looking for something Sesame Street related for our five year old nephew.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        At the end of the day you need to reread your posts and your arguments .
        Please take your own advice and address the dichotomy between the statements you've made

..Yap a true disciplinarian. He sure could have used some discipline himself. .
        . He has instilled discipline;
        http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2574826

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTeamMelli View Post
          Thank you for the useful Amazon link. We were looking for something Sesame Street related for our five year old nephew.
          No problem. I would have given you the DVD my son used to watch but I'm saving it for tooleh khers.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Back to back losses after not losing 23 in a row under CQ. How pathetic have we become. Get thsi fucker Wilmots out of here. Pathetic bastard.

Comment

Let me remind everyone after the WC, CQ wanted to stay with TM till WC2022 but the regime did not give him a 4 year contract even though he had just given us our greatest WC ever in a Super Difficult group.. After the AC he came back to Iran still willing to stay with us till WC 22 but the regime refused him yet again.

Seriously we are a nation of Namk Nashnas and we totally deserve to be where we are at.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                Guys after WC CQ wanted to stay with TM till WC2022 but the regime did not give him a 4 year contract even though he gave us our greatest WC ever.. After the AC he came back to Iran still willing to stay with us till WC 22 but the regime refused him again.

Seriously we are a nation Namk nashnas and we totally deserve to be where we are at.
                and the man wanted to work with us for half the money he was being offered at the same time to go to Columbia ..!?
                talk about namak nashnasi and shooting ourselves in the foot..!!
                or considering the rumors that we are paying this hapless clown WM 3mil ...!!?? while CQ was willing to stay put for 1.6m then one could only assume this move was nothing but a flat out a IFF/mullah carefully orchestrated Coup d'état to force Carlos outa TM at any cost..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  and the man wanted to work with us for half the money he was being offered at the same time to go to Columbia ..!?
                  talk about namak nashnasi and shooting ourselves in the foot..!!
                  or considering the rumors that we are paying this hapless clown WM 3mil ...!!?? while CQ was willing to stay put for 1.6m then one could only assume this move was nothing but a flat out a IFF/mullah carefully orchestrated Coup d'état to force Carlos outa TM at any cost..!!?
                  Absolutely. CQ was getting too popular among the people and was becoming a threat. Not to mention he was starting to talk like the fact that Qatar had paid for our AC preparation. IR did not want the people to know such things.

Comment

CQ was once in a life time event. From the day he was selected and he was interviewed and said Quiroz is Koroush I knew the guy was something special. Beyond that he proved to everyone how great and fantastic of a person and a coach he was. Never stopped fighting for what he believed. The guy had class and integrity and was actually genuine and honest.

Of course that's too much for IR idiots and their supporters. Those good old days are gone. The solid machine he built is gone in the hands of a few idiots not knowing wtf to do. Very sad day for Iran.

Comment

I hope everyone is doing well. Just wanted to bring this up with the whole big mess this idiot Belgian and the useless IFF have caused. A big F U to all the CQ haters and those that kept talking shit about that great man. His replacement proved to be one a kind!

Comment

Don't even get me started... He is missed greatly.

All we saw with Team Melli under Carlos Queiroz was improvement. People who weren't or aren't fans of Queiroz complain about his bus. But if you paid attention closely you would see how Carlos was shifting from the "parked bus" in 2014 to just a "bus" that could bite you in the ass on the counterattack. In 2022 we would've seen an even better Team Melli.

Team Melli had to adjust to a new system under a selfish assclown.

Look I get it. We were lucky because Carlos was a patient man who dealt with the incompetence of the IFF. And yes Wilmots had the right to take a professional route while dealing with the IFF.

But t just goes to show the difference between 2 managers. One who genuinely loved the country he managed, gave his heart and soul to his team. While the other was 90% money 10% his team.

An example is how South Africa did with Queiroz and how Ivory Coast did with Wilmots.

Sigh.. Just breaks my heart.

Comment

Can u explain that last part with south africa please teammelli91

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                            Can u explain that last part with south africa please teammelli91
                            I'm making the comparison between the two managers. How Queiroz helped South Africa qualify to the 2002 World Cup and how Wilmots was sacked for not helping Ivory Coast qualify to the 2018 World Cup. I'm just sharing a small example to make the point that Wilmots is a shit manager.

And I'm one who is overly nice to managers and say let's be patient and give them some time. But Wilmots proved to be an even worse manager than Ghotbi. And I'm saying this as someone who used to be a fan of Ghotbi solely due to his positive attitude/motivational speaker than his coaching ability. But Wilmots wasn't even that. Dude was laughing and joking around on the flight back from losing to Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                              I'm making the comparison between the two managers. How Queiroz helped South Africa qualify to the 2002 World Cup and how Wilmots was sacked for not helping Ivory Coast qualify to the 2018 World Cup. I'm just sharing a small example to make the point that Wilmots is a shit manager.

And I'm one who is overly nice to managers and say let's be patient and give them some time. But Wilmots proved to be an even worse manager than Ghotbi. And I'm saying this as someone who used to be a fan of Ghotbi solely due to his positive attitude/motivational speaker than his coaching ability. But Wilmots wasn't even that. Dude was laughing and joking around on the flight back from losing to Iraq.
                              Interesting. I've heard some bringing up Daei as the worst TM manager but bringing up Ghotbi is new to me. Probably because I don't participate in such discussions that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                                Interesting. I've heard some bringing up Daei as the worst TM manager but bringing up Ghotbi is new to me. Probably because I don't participate in such discussions that much.
                                Yes Ali Daei was inexperienced and he didn't do as well as Ghotbi as Team Melli manager. But he did give younger players playing time which was a big plus at the time. In 2008 he introduced Team Melli to players like Ehsan Hajsafi (who is still fantastic! A well rounded footballer), Mohammadreza Khalatbari, Ahmad Alenemeh (who was also called up by Queiroz and even made the WC squad in 2014, sat behind Hosseini and Sadeghi), Jalal Rafkhaei, and others.. He is also credited for inviting/introducing players like Karim Ansarifard and Mehdi Taremi to our football. In Saipa and Persepolis he was a huge supporter of young talent.

He did do well with Persepolis and Saipa in the Lige Bartar. Afshin Ghotbi was better but he was more of an analyst. I remember I supported him because he was an optimist and had great psychology. His coaching wasn't horrible. But from what some of the players said from his era, he was very particular with instructions. For example with man to man coverage and defending. Imagine Carlos' version of defending but with little to no counter attacking. I still respect Ghotbi for his work with our national team.

Comment

Working...
                                X