CQ kojai? Your absence already felt. 23 game unbeaten streak of WCQ in the toilet! - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CQ kojai? Your absence already felt. 23 game unbeaten streak of WCQ in the toilet!

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,978 Times in 4,849 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I dont think the defeat is that worrying. Shit happens in football, especially with conditions like this and most of our guys coming from cold euro climates, plus many big players not being there for us (Gholi, Ghoddos, ARJ).

What is more worrying is the tactical adjustments WIlmots made (or didnt make) as a reaction to what was happening on the pitch.

Offensive football means ball possession, fast circulation, to create space, find guys between lines, and let offensive players combine effectively.

Offensive football is not what we saw today. We saw clueless football.

For first time in my life I saw a team start with a formation of essentially 4 center forwards, none contributing to midfield build up, and all taking each others space as they stood essentially in a straight line on bahraini defenders. The creative responsbility was placed on ramin rezaeian and milad mohammadi, to determine when to penetrate, keep ball ,etc, which is ridiculous bc they are two of our weakest players technically.

Also, playing with so many guys forward in these conditions is ridiculous bc obv they will struggle to get back in position on transition (some of our guys legit looked like they were suffering from heat stroke), and huge gaps were left which bahrain exposed many times.

From now on, this meaningless 4-2-4 tactic should never see the pitch again. Our two forwards are azmoun and taremi if we want to play with those forwards. If not taremi can be an inside LW. Gholizadeh, ARJ, Ghoddos need to be played to give us creativity in offensive midfield region, between lines. Karim should never be in 11 again, the guy is a pathetic excuse for a forward. Hajsafi shows no leadership capability and put us in major jeopardy when he essentially head butted ref, after he clearly fouled a player. He should not be playing ahead of nourollahi.

Mohebbi looked totally lost and anonymous, which I think had a lot to do with system which made all offensive players look very weird. Its clear positioning was way off. Majid Hosseini was actually one of our better players until again he had a bad decision in penalty box. He does this for club and country semi regularly now and it is the only major weakness in his game. He does not read situations well at times. It was obvious bahraini player was just trying to poke ball and get contact.

Overall, happy this happened now, so wilmots can realize these personnel and tactics are just retarded.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,548 Times in 6,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shahin2000 View Post
    Granted we lost. But I really like our game plan. The attacking style is really fun to watch. We were just unlucky in finishing and the PK given was questionable at best. I would not be a bit worried about this loss.
    Shahin being positive?
    I'm shocked!

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Shahin being positive?
    I'm shocked!
    Nokhodi jaan I try to be realistic. And in my posts in the past it may look as though I am being negative. But in any case, I am very comfortable with our game plan under our current coach and feel fairly confident that this team will turn things around. Just remember it took a miraculous 92nd minute goal under CQ to TIE Bahrain in Manama.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,323 Times in 1,479 Posts
    This game would have been a secure win for us with CQ!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sly For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shahabGAOL View Post
    We defeat Bahrain with 6:0 under Carlos Qurioz you forgot? It was even in Bahrain
    not only was it in Tehran but they also got a red card in the first minute..

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,938 Times in 2,297 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    I dont think the defeat is that worrying. Shit happens in football, especially with conditions like this and most of our guys coming from cold euro climates, plus many big players not being there for us (Gholi, Ghoddos, ARJ).

What is more worrying is the tactical adjustments WIlmots made (or didnt make) as a reaction to what was happening on the pitch.

Offensive football means ball possession, fast circulation, to create space, find guys between lines, and let offensive players combine effectively.

Offensive football is not what we saw today. We saw clueless football.

For first time in my life I saw a team start with a formation of essentially 4 center forwards, none contributing to midfield build up, and all taking each others space as they stood essentially in a straight line on bahraini defenders. The creative responsbility was placed on ramin rezaeian and milad mohammadi, to determine when to penetrate, keep ball ,etc, which is ridiculous bc they are two of our weakest players technically.

Also, playing with so many guys forward in these conditions is ridiculous bc obv they will struggle to get back in position on transition (some of our guys legit looked like they were suffering from heat stroke), and huge gaps were left which bahrain exposed many times.

From now on, this meaningless 4-2-4 tactic should never see the pitch again. Our two forwards are azmoun and taremi if we want to play with those forwards. If not taremi can be an inside LW. Gholizadeh, ARJ, Ghoddos need to be played to give us creativity in offensive midfield region, between lines. Karim should never be in 11 again, the guy is a pathetic excuse for a forward. Hajsafi shows no leadership capability and put us in major jeopardy when he essentially head butted ref, after he clearly fouled a player. He should not be playing ahead of nourollahi.

Mohebbi looked totally lost and anonymous, which I think had a lot to do with system which made all offensive players look very weird. Its clear positioning was way off. Majid Hosseini was actually one of our better players until again he had a bad decision in penalty box. He does this for club and country semi regularly now and it is the only major weakness in his game. He does not read situations well at times. It was obvious bahraini player was just trying to poke ball and get contact.

Overall, happy this happened now, so wilmots can realize these personnel and tactics are just retarded.
    Don't buy the weather excuse. Nourollahi, Kanani, Taremi, Mohebi, rezaeian even Azmoun are from parts of Iran which is very humide, plus some already played in Qatar or still doing, sure it had an effect but TM as you said was tactically weak.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,929 Times in 734 Posts
    For those using the CQ lost to Lebanon excuse.

CQ inherited a sunday league team and turned them into the best team we have ever had and took them to two world cups.
    Not to mention we qualified for 2018 without conceding a single goal.

Wilmots inherited a Rolls Royce.
    You do not get to lose to Bahrain when CQ has done 8 years of work to deliver you a stud of a team.

I can only describe that performance as disgusting.

I have only missed maybe 1 or 2 matches of TM since CQ took over.
    I willingly stopped watching this match today for the first time.

There needs to be rapid improvement.

Couple of notes:

Ehsan is a terrible captain, CQ would not have tolerated him going up to the ref and being a dick after he clearly fouled the Bahrain player.
    Don't be surprised if the refs opinion was more easily swayed on the penalty after that.
    Also the PK was a foul as well. We only have ourselves to blame.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pres80 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,205 Times in 1,853 Posts
    i am not sure if cq is better cause wilmot has been there a little time, but you can tell we are not that good, we need to improve badly

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 771 Posts
    QUOTE=pres80;2661734]For those using the CQ lost to Lebanon excuse.
    CQ inherited a sunday league team and turned them into the best team we have ever had and took them to two world cups.
    Not to mention we qualified for 2018 without conceding a single goal.
    Wilmots inherited a Rolls Royce.
    You do not get to lose to Bahrain when CQ has done 8 years of work to deliver you a stud of a team.

I can only describe that performance as disgusting.
    I have only missed maybe 1 or 2 matches of TM since CQ took over.
    I willingly stopped watching this match today for the first time.
    There needs to be rapid improvement.
    Couple of notes:
    Ehsan is a terrible captain, CQ would not have tolerated him going up to the ref and being a dick after he clearly fouled the Bahrain player.
    Don't be surprised if the refs opinion was more easily swayed on the penalty after that.
    Also the PK was a foul as well. We only have ourselves to blame.[/QUOTE]

Wonderful post. Especially the bold part.

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,608 Times in 4,570 Posts
    I loved CQ and missed him already when he left Tehran.
    BUT guys its really unfair at this stage to bash Marc Wilmots! This was his third official TM game and first vs a serious opponent. Really too early to bash him. Specially when his game system is quite the opposite to the previous coach. Change needs time. In the end we will make it to the next qualifying round and get better. Lets not bash him at this stage. (OK a lil bit maybe for the sake of it but not too much )
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 256

You do not have permission to view the list of names.