Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ kojai? Your absence already felt. 23 game unbeaten streak of WCQ in the toilet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Or trying to learn how to count.

I'm not sure what you mean to be honest lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
      dont worry it wasnt directed @ you..!! lol
      just sarkalaantar KC being KC ...! haminke yaghe yekiro begire dige vel-kon nist ...!

Comment

As many mentioned before, what makes this loss different from those at the start of the Quieroz era is that Wilmots is getting hold of a strong, cohesive foundation and making practically braindead tactical decisions with it that are easily countered by a 3rd rate team like Bahrain

I mean why on earth would he try to run the show there with only 2 midfielders, TWO, in the sweltering heat of Bahrain. Half the game we couldn’t even move the ball up to our 4 strikers who were struggling not to run over each other, the other half was spent slapping useless crosses out of bounds and making absurdly basic fundamental passing mistakes. Even our centre backs were leaving acres of space between them and in front of them, it was like there was ZERO defensive practice or plan. They weren’t sure who had to cover which space and if Bahrain didn’t have Sunday league strikers they could’ve won this 3-0.

I agree it’s too soon to sack him but he should at least feel the boiling pot and seriously re-evaluate his approach to this supposed “attacking football”

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
          As many mentioned before, what makes this loss different from those at the start of the Quieroz era is that Wilmots is getting hold of a strong, cohesive foundation and making practically braindead tactical decisions with it that are easily countered by a 3rd rate team like Bahrain

I mean why on earth would he try to run the show there with only 2 midfielders, TWO, in the sweltering heat of Bahrain. Half the game we couldn’t even move the ball up to our 4 strikers who were struggling not to run over each other, the other half was spent slapping useless crosses out of bounds and making absurdly basic fundamental passing mistakes. Even our centre backs were leaving acres of space between them and in front of them, it was like there was ZERO defensive practice or plan. They weren’t sure who had to cover which space and if Bahrain didn’t have Sunday league strikers they could’ve won this 3-0.

I agree it’s too soon to sack him but he should at least feel the boiling pot and seriously re-evaluate his approach to this supposed “attacking football”
          I say sack him before its too late and we have to wait 7 years until the next wc! Im not basing this on the loss to Bahrain. Im basing this on the lack of game plan, amateurish tactics and managerial mistakes during all Wilmots Games. Yes, even vs Cambodia

Comment

Have a very bad feeling we're going to miss the next WC!

Comment

And people still asking. What did cq did for tm?

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
                And people still asking. What did cq did for tm?
                hummmm....let's see....

* For the first time in history he made us qualify to the WC twice in a row.
                * For the first time after the revolution, we qualified to the WC without ifs or buts.
                * He made sure we got a professional training facility and the players could travel with their own charter airplane, their own bus, like other professional teams.
                * He made sure the players had no more visa problems.
                * We did not lose against any Asian team for a very long time (must be a record).
                * No more stress against Arab teams.
                * Last but not least, he challenged the Iranian incompetent authorities, from the very bottom up to the mafia bosses and ministers in the government!

and I'm not even gonna mention TM's confident performances against the likes of Argentina, Spain and Portugal.

Please do not post questions which makes people think you are in the gang of Khiabani, Misaghi and others who easily sold themselves to the regime's stupid policies.

Comment

The worst thing is that Khiabani didnt even want to pull the trigger on Wilmots's plan for the specific Bahrain game. He realized that would directly contradict his CQ criticisms and went into the usual mode of IR commentator with weak spineless statements like "Ishallah baziye ma behtar beshe dar mosabegheye bad".

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                    I was just pointing out how some PFDC members have trouble counting. For example they count 6 games as 8, or 10 games as 15. Hopefully that picture will help them in their counting endeavors.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Behzadi FAN View Post
                      one loss.
                      to a dubious penalty call ? And you wanna get rid of him ?
                      Sheeeeesh
                      How was the pen dubious? Looked 100% to me

Comment

I'm so confused why you would put on Amiri when you're down 1-0 vs Bahrain....

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post

it seems like he was quickly influenced by the casual fans to play a more attacking formation.
                          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

As it has been said in many other threads his attacking football is literally shit so far. No planning and build up. And mathematically inferior both defensively and offensively when compared to CQ era tactically. I am very worried about this Iraq game coming up. There is a lot at stake and we best at least get a draw or more to stay competitive for the rest of this round. Anything but a win/draw would be disastrous for Iran ultimately.

Comment

Lets see

Wilmots has been Iran manager since June 1, which is 5 months
                              we have played 5 games in that time,
                              3 wins
                              1 tie, away in South Korea
                              1 loss vs Bahrain Away.
                              we have conceded 2 goals and scored 22

Are we disappointed we lost to Bahrain, Of course we are all unhappy.

Wilmots has had the opportunity for 2 or 3 camps with the players.
                              maybe a total of 4 weeks.

Did he make a mistake in preparation of Bahrain game away. I think they did.
                              I think his assistants including Hashemi, should have helped in preparation of the mental game better.

The truth is that there is no way CQ would have been able to keep his unbeaten streak VS the Arab teams going.

you have to give him a chance to make amends.

and CQ is not coming back.
                              get over it!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                                L
                                The truth is that there is no way CQ would have been able to keep his unbeaten streak VS the Arab teams going.!
                                I agree with the gist of what you say, but how can you be sure about this? The guy gave us a discipline I've never seen in TM - who knows...

Comment

Working...
                                X