Iran vs Bahrain Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
    Hoorad, you were the single biggest basher of CQ on this forum. I remember vividly!

in the words of leonard cohen, "everybody knows" that hoorad lied and is full of k.sher.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
      In fact, one have to remember that even under CQ we got some negative Results which brought as in do or die Situations, just think of our lost against Uzbekistan in Azadi (we lost 1-2 if i am correct) and our 1-0 defeat to Lebanon in Beirut. These two defeats brought us to the situation, that we needed to win all the remaining games to qualify for WC 2014, which we did.
      Once we had also a disappointing 1-1 draw in Turkmenistan under CQ reign, therefore i agree that we need to be patient with Wilmots. So far i am happy with him, we create in every game many scoring chances. I think that at home we are going to defeat both Bahrain and Iraq with 3 or 4 goal difference.
      the casual fans love the attacking game because it's fun ..... it's entertaining ..... you get to jump up and down, pound on your chest and yell, hurraayyyh a few times a game. The casual fans think Defense is a dirty word and is "anti-football"

the knowledgable fans however understand that a disciplined approach is what wins games and takes you to the next level.

With CQ, team melli had the IT factor. We always knew CQ would outsmart the opponent. We always knew we could frustrate our opponents and we always felt we had a chance to beat both spain and portugal.

I am not convinced Wilmot has a plan or a strategy besides sending players up and down the field
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Good analysis by Ghorbani:

https://tamasha.com/v/mgb0W

Comment

Are two different people using this account username?

These are posts from the same day?

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          I never had a change in heart, I started following Iranian Football under CQ.
          Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          But I did not start watching TM under CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Perhaps he doesn't consider TM as part of Iranian football.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I have serious doubt folks that this team with Wilmots will qualify from this round. We may come 3rd in the group after iraq and Bahrain. CQ was a master of details. He understood the limitations of Iran Football and worked hard to make his team play a very structured football with compactness. There is a saying that the "Devil is in the Details". And that is why CQ is such a superb Head coach especially for teams like Iran. He makes sure he understand the opponents weakness and strength. The current team plays with less organization and structure. You could see that even when we beat Hong Kong 2-0. Against Bahrain, it was almost like Mayeli Kohan's team was playing. Wilmots is not as good, sorry to say it.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Guessing Hoorad's a recurring Iraqi troll(s)

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                  Guessing Hoorad's a recurring Iraqi troll(s)
                  could be possible he is just clueless and looking to be controversial because he thinks it is cute.

Comment

TBH, performance wise that Oman game in the 2018 WCQ was much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      In fact, one have to remember that even under CQ we got some negative Results which brought as in do or die Situations, just think of our lost against Uzbekistan in Azadi (we lost 1-2 if i am correct) and our 1-0 defeat to Lebanon in Beirut. These two defeats brought us to the situation, that we needed to win all the remaining games to qualify for WC 2014, which we did.
                      Once we had also a disappointing 1-1 draw in Turkmenistan under CQ reign, therefore i agree that we need to be patient with Wilmots. So far i am happy with him, we create in every game many scoring chances. I think that at home we are going to defeat both Bahrain and Iraq with 3 or 4 goal difference.

You are very right - these are good data points to compare against. At this time, unfortunately I cannot say with confidence that I am happy with Wilmots - not much has happened for me to provide thoughts around this. I really do hope that more friendlies and more stress gets put towards the national team. Either they are silently working extremely hard in the background or the preparations are minimal at this point since there is such little news in between the games. As much as I hated the increased intensity that CQ created outside the pitch (for good reasons nonetheless), I also hate how Mark Wilmots has 0 aura outside the pitch..

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                        the casual fans love the attacking game because it's fun ..... it's entertaining ..... you get to jump up and down, pound on your chest and yell, hurraayyyh a few times a game. The casual fans think Defense is a dirty word and is "anti-football"

the knowledgable fans however understand that a disciplined approach is what wins games and takes you to the next level.

With CQ, team melli had the IT factor. We always knew CQ would outsmart the opponent. We always knew we could frustrate our opponents and we always felt we had a chance to beat both spain and portugal.

I am not convinced Wilmot has a plan or a strategy besides sending players up and down the field

I share this sentiment strongly (see my reply right above this to Philosophy_King's comment). Too many uncertainties right now but as shitty of a situation we are in currently, I think its a fantastic situation to test Wilmots. If we cruised easily through to the next round where we then faced stronger and more challenging opponents, we would have not truly known how Wilmots does in difficult situations. This is a great time to test him.

Comment

Yes it's definitely far too early to assess Wilmots based on two competitive games only.

Comment

Do we still do player rankings after each important match? It was a useful undertaking.
                            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
                            X