Iran vs Bahrain Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends

For the love of God , relax dont be so pessimistic so early, 2 teams will qualify out of this group and
    I guarantee that Iran will be one of them and most likely finish as the top team in the group.

Comment

Bahrani player named Ehsan Hajisafi passes to Sayad Sayeed who then crosses inside the box to Mahdi Al-Humaidan who wins the penalty after being fouled by Hosseini.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=77209

(@ 3:48 of the video you can see the beautiful assist by Hajisafi that secured Bahrain the win!)
      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
        Bahrani player named Ehsan Hajisafi passes to Sayad Sayeed who then crosses inside the box to Mahdi Al-Humaidan who wins the penalty after being fouled by Hosseini.

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=77209

(@ 3:48 of the video you can see the beautiful assist by Hajisafi that secured Bahrain the win!)
        My God, it's worse than I remembered watching it live

Comment

Originally posted by shayan_esteghlali View Post
          Carlos Queroiz is losing to algeria 2-0 as we speak
          It’s a friendly and we are all familiar with how experimental CQ is during friendlies.

Interestingly he have played friendlies with Japan, Korea and now Algeria after taking over Colombia. Maybe he miss us

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
            Friends

For the love of God , relax dont be so pessimistic so early, 2 teams will qualify out of this group and
            I guarantee that Iran will be one of them and most likely finish as the top team in the group.
            Only one team is guaranteed to qualify. The second team depends on the second teams of other groups.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Only one team is guaranteed to qualify. The second team depends on the second teams of other groups.
              the other groups have more teams drawing and none of them will have such a high goal difference as us. We will make top runner up. In a way it's good it means that Bahrain and Iraq will both play for the win when they face one another
              Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Iran will qualify to the second round , I am sure of it.

Comment

I'm not worried about Wilmont as the coach. What I'm worried is that we (Wilmont, Iran and the Iranian fans)have been set up to fail. Iran has been sanctioned in every way possible. We have no way of setting up friendlies. A lot of people blame the IFF but there is nothing they can do. The sanctions on Iran are the worse they've been. CQ was able to qualify with ease because it was after the nuclear deal. We had much more access to resources. This is like being only able to take exams but no way of studying. All we can hope is Qatar or Uzbekistan maybe even Armenia or Yemen to play us in a friendly cuz we are on our own.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    My God, it's worse than I remembered watching it live
                    I let out every cuss word imaginable when i saw it happen live..
                    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      Ufff disappointing indeed. However better to have this loss now to get our heads out of the clouds and realize 14 goals against Cambodia matter little going forward.

Still any loss to a Persian Gulf rival and especially Bahrain is painful. Can't say I am not upset. Team was super undisciplined and disorganized!

If it's any consolation the KSA, S. Korea, and UAE teams all had off nights as well!

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                      Ksa and sk don't have groups that are as difficult as us.
                      Afc fucked us badly with this draw. Iraq and bahrain are shit teams but are our dark horses.

This stage of qualification should be a smooth ride with mickey mouse teams so our new coach could adapt to our team and asian opponent.
                      Now we are in great danger with iraq and bahrain being direct threats

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        Ksa and sk don't have groups that are as difficult as us.
                        Afc fucked us badly with this draw. Iraq and bahrain are shit teams but are our dark horses.

This stage of qualification should be a smooth ride with mickey mouse teams so our new coach could adapt to our team and asian opponent.
                        Now we are in great danger with iraq and bahrain being direct threats
                        Too early to panic. Remember if we have to face those teams, they also have to face each other

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Iran will make it I have no doubt in my mind but we just complicated things for ourselves. Remember in 2006 we almost failed to qualify from first roumd and vahid goal at 90 min saved us.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

BOTH of the chances that BAHRAIN had to score in the 2nd half (inc. penalty foul) were due
                            1. Hosseini bad position and defending tactics (using the back foot in penalty incident) - Things that CAN be coached ....

Other points I noticed from replay of the game
                            2. We played MUCH better after #6 came into the game
                            3. The HEAT killed us . Players who knew they were not getting subbed, were trying to save themselves to last 95 mins.
                            4. On more than one occasion on attack, the player takes a shot when a simple pass would have seen a team mate one on one with the goalie
                            5. Haj Safi and his lack of a first touch is a problem. This time it LED to a goal. He needs to watch film of Moussa Dembele and learn a thing or two.
                            6. Having a free kick 40 yards away (in first half) and taking a direct shot (Haj Safi) which was traveling at 5 mph by the time it got to their goalie, tells me there are not enough attention to every detail and situation in training yet. Hopefully this is fixed.
                            7. When the match is not a friendly, and your top 2 centrai defenders are fit ... they play. I don't care if they are 97 and 75 years old. Hosseini had 2 good games in the World Cup but not much since.
                            8. The way Azmoun protested and got himself a yellow was also alarming. The worse thing was when him and Rezaiian would not stop, there was NO Iranian white shirt close to them to take them away and say : LET'S GET ON WITH THE GAME.
                            Bahrain didn't BEAT Iran. Bahrain capitalized on our mistake.
                            As this tournament gets deeper, teams will have more film on one another to study, and I am hoping team melli will play smarter football.

Comment

Our players simply cannot handle playing in Hot and Humid weather. Every time they have played the Persian Gulf region they decline by as much as %70. We need to fix this.

Also Haj Safi needs to be crossed off immediately. He single handedly destroyed our game, first by getting a yellow card and screaming at the ref like he does in almost every game. Second by his wonderful assist which resulted in the penalty. He is only on TM because of Parti Bazi.

I hate to say it but since only one team is guaranteed to make the next round we are in grave danger.

The next game against Iraq is A MUST WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Behzadi FAN View Post
                                8. The way Azmoun protested and got himself a yellow was also alarming. The worse thing was when him and Rezaiian would not stop, there was NO Iranian white shirt close to them to take them away and say : LET'S GET ON WITH THE GAME.
                                Bahrain didn't BEAT Iran. Bahrain capitalized on our mistake.
                                As this tournament gets deeper, teams will have more film on one another to study, and I am hoping team melli will play smarter football.
                                I agree, it was shocking to see Azmoun still screaming at the ref after getting a yellow card. He was lucky he didn't get a red for still screaming at him. Instead of pulling him away, that self loving Rezaeian joins him in this childish behaviour. Our players really need to fix their temper, because that will lead to much bigger failures if they don't. I hope Wilmots and his staff teach our boys a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                                X