Iran vs Bahrain Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion - Page 50

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Iran vs Bahrain Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
    the casual fans love the attacking game because it's fun ..... it's entertaining ..... you get to jump up and down, pound on your chest and yell, hurraayyyh a few times a game. The casual fans think Defense is a dirty word and is "anti-football"

the knowledgable fans however understand that a disciplined approach is what wins games and takes you to the next level.

With CQ, team melli had the IT factor. We always knew CQ would outsmart the opponent. We always knew we could frustrate our opponents and we always felt we had a chance to beat both spain and portugal.

I am not convinced Wilmot has a plan or a strategy besides sending players up and down the field

I share this sentiment strongly (see my reply right above this to Philosophy_King's comment). Too many uncertainties right now but as shitty of a situation we are in currently, I think its a fantastic situation to test Wilmots. If we cruised easily through to the next round where we then faced stronger and more challenging opponents, we would have not truly known how Wilmots does in difficult situations. This is a great time to test him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to subripper For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,197 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Yes it's definitely far too early to assess Wilmots based on two competitive games only.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

diz

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,455 Times in 870 Posts
    Do we still do player rankings after each important match? It was a useful undertaking.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Members who have read this thread : 371

You do not have permission to view the list of names.