No announcement yet.

Iran vs Bahrain Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Iran parallel to ManU post Sir Alex?? Are we talking about "if this happens... if that happens..." to make it to...... the 2nd round of AFC qualifying?

Interesting how low we have stooped real quick!

Either we are over-reacting, or we are in for a rude awakening! I hope it's the former, but have a feeling it's the latter. We've gotten used to cruising to the WC, and now after CQ we are back to worrying about pointless stupid BS like making it to the 2nd round of WC qualifying. We go from WC 18 to this.

The lowest lows are after the highest highs. I couldn't hold my head up today.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      I also don't want to hear shit about how important the Iraq game is and the emotional stakes. That shit doesn't matter.
      Prepare for the game as if they are the toughest opponent on earth, play with respect but go for a win.
      CQ took us away from the emotional TMs of 1997 and 2005 and ... no we're repeating history.
      Exactly. This was the very mentality CQ always employed for all games, no matter who the opponent was. Always respect the opponent by all means. Even if it means overestimating them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        Who was the designated Salavat thread opener? I forget. Unban them if needed.

Those threads saved TM through dark times
        I believe it was Mashsaeed

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
        Bring back Queiroz for TM and Branko for PP! Iranian Football just isn’t the same without them!

And Winfried Schaefer for SS!

This coming from a constant CQ bashes is quite rich. How quickly people and their minds change and flip flop...

I see many former CQ basher members in this thread who jump on the bandwagon to appreciate CQ and call for his return. How bizarre, how bizarre...

Hade aghal bezaarin 1-2 saal begzare just to save some face!

Comment

Marc Wilmots is not a good coach for us in particular when you pay more than 1M/year

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            Too early to panic. Remember if we have to face those teams, they also have to face each other

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
            Bahrain and Iraq will try to f*** us the same way KSA and Bahrain did before. It is not like we are in a group like KSA, SK or others that just have to worry about small Oman.

The only positive thing is it can wake up our players and Wilmots but not only we are under a great threat but suffering against Iraq and Bahrain won't prepare us against the like of Japan, Australia, SK in the next round (if we qualify).

Comment

A 1-0 win in Iraq will reset the hole standings. Honestly a tie would still put us in good shape, with both Bahrain and Iraq having to come to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
                Is this Iran parallel to ManU post Sir Alex?? Are we talking about "if this happens... if that happens..." to make it to...... the 2nd round of AFC qualifying?
                I'm a United fan and funnily enough the only way Wilmots tactics were going to work yesterday was replacing Rezaian, Hajsafi and Mohebbi with Wan-Bissaka, McTominay, and Mata.

Maybe he confused them because they look so similar

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                  I believe it was Mashsaeed

This coming from a constant CQ bashes is quite rich. How quickly people and their minds change and flip flop...

I see many former CQ basher members in this thread who jump on the bandwagon to appreciate CQ and call for his return. How bizarre, how bizarre...

Hade aghal bezaarin 1-2 saal begzare just to save some face!

I hope you are not referring to me.

Comment

he quoted you. Yes he is referring to you. rightfully so.

Comment

Wilmots, Vahid, et-al will be able to show what they are made of by bouncing back from this defeat. This could only happen if they realize key mistakes that were made yesterday:

1- TM did not have any attacking mid fielders. Omid and Hajsafi were unable to feed Sardar and others and if the idea was for Karim, Taremi and Moehbbi to do that, they were playing mostly in the offensive third and were unable to do that. Noorolahi and even Shojaee could do a better job at that as it was demonstrated by the latter when he entered the game.

2- Defensively, Majid is now emerging as a vulnerability in giving penalties. He did it against Oman too. He also does dangerous tackles and could have been red carded yesterday. I admire him and think he is a very strong CB but he needs to address these issues to be the CB we all stand for him to be. Our defense in general, has started to look more vulnerable and the issues needs to be addressed.

3- Wilmots and Vahid need a sports psychologist to teach every member of the team about emotional intelligence on and off the pitch. It is truely alarming when our captain (Hajsafi) behaves in such an immature way towards the ref. We are experts in antagonizing the ref from the start. Faghani said multiple times that in the WC 2018 and other occasions his foreign colleagues have always said to him the TM has the worst manners. It is sad that people on this forum get excited about all the Russian profanity that Sardar supposedly used against the ref. There was no mature teammate to grab him and move him away from the ref like what happened at his club match. He was lucky he was not red carded. This issue needs to be addressed with urgency it deserves.

All is not lost but a loss in Basra could dramatically increase the chance of TM elimination at this stage. Wilmots et-al need to lead the team to a comeback in Basra.

Go TM!

Comment

Are you suggesting otherwise? You were one of the members who relentlessly criticized CQ and wanted him out. Which is your opinion and is fine, because it was your personal opinion and everyone is free to express their opinion, just as I am reminding you of your change of heart in such interesting fashion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          Are you suggesting otherwise? You were one of the members who relentlessly criticized CQ and wanted him out. Which is your opinion and is fine, because it was your personal opinion and everyone is free to express their opinion, just as I am reminding you of your change of heart in such interesting fashion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I never had a change in heart, I started following Iranian Football under CQ. Yes, your right I did criticize him and I do not make any secret of that. (just like you or anybody else have done at one point in their lives). But I do not ever recall outstandingly saying that I wanted him out, but yes I did criticize (but also did defend when other criticized his decisions.

I hope that puts things into perspective.

Comment

Hello to All!
                            I have been reading a lot of reactions / comments both on here and on social media in regards to the game. It's very tough to formulate an opinion and unfair in all honesty to Marc Wilmots if we want to summarize his spell at Iran with just such few games under his belt. I personally am not shy to say that I was a HUGE CQ lover and fan (and will forever be). In a funny way, I almost felt a little better when I found out CQ lost yesterday too - I thought to myself "Who knows, maybe CQ would have lost today with Iran too".

In my opinion, right now we simply must support the team, the coaching staff and be patient to see what happens from here. There is no doubt however that certain mistakes have been made:

1) Poor team performance yesterday on the pitch (both mentally and tactically)
                            2) Lack of friendlies leading up to such games / Lack of preparation
                            3) Poor tactical judgement & strategy from the coaching staff

I am frankly skeptical about Wilmots achieving any honors for TM if he could not take the star filled Belgium team past QF in 2014 WC and only reached QF after extra time against US. But as I said, one can argue that at the time CQ also joined TM bla bla bla.. Arguments are everywhere. As I mentioned, now is not the time to poke holes into the Team. It's time to see what the coaching staff does from here. If anything, this was a probably good wake up call for us. We are not in an ideal situation but let's see how / if we emerge from this...

Comment

I never had a change in heart, I started following Iranian Football under CQ. Yes, your right I did criticize him and I do not make any secret of that. (just like you or anybody else have done at one point in their lives). But I do not ever recall outstandingly saying that I wanted him out, but yes I did criticize (but also did defend when other criticized his decisions.
                              I hope that puts things into perspective.
                              Putting things into perspective is saying that you consider him to be the most damaging coach for TM:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...for-Team-Melli

And making these kinds of threads just before the World Cup:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...os-Queiroz-Out

I can't stand zirziraki

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                                Putting things into perspective is saying that you consider him to be the most damaging coach for TM:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...for-Team-Melli

And making these kinds of threads just before the World Cup:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...os-Queiroz-Out

I can't stand zirziraki
                                I understand your point andwas right there with you but we have nothing to gain right now from bashing members for past opinions besides "being right"

So far of the 2-3 people who were SUPER ANTI-CQ one of them as beri... who turned out to be an agent of IR, and the other is still bad at math. Lets hope Wilmots figures something out because as of right now we(Team Melli) have to go into the heartland of former Daesh, in a crowd of 65000 who hate us to the death and get a result.

No point bickering amongst ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X