Dennis Eckert @ Ingolstadt 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
    Does he even know he’s got some Irani blood? I wouldn’t be surprised if he just googles his own name, comes across this thread and goes, “Whoooa.. I have a fan base in the Iranian community?.. Am I even Iranian?” [Calls parents to investigate]
    he’s been to iran before, plus i recall that a member of pfdc knows him in real life and says that he’s adamant on his iranian heritage

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Does he even know he’s got some Irani blood? I wouldn’t be surprised if he just googles his own name, comes across this thread and goes, “Whoooa.. I have a fan base in the Iranian community?.. Am I even Iranian?” [Calls parents to investigate]
      He's actually really proud of his iranian heritage and has been to Iran before. He knows and has a big Iranian fanbase.

I really like him but he's not team melli material as of now. We have better options. Let's see him make the 2.Budesliga first and see what happens. He's still young.

Comment

Eckert's goal against Bayern Munich II:
        https://www.instagram.com/p/CIJBJ6zg2tI/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Has been unlucky with injuries and Covid since last season. I reckon that could have cost him a move to a club higher up.

Comment

On 30 November played the last 35 mins of a 2-0 loss against Meppen (Who are bottom of the table) that leaves them fourth in the league. A win would have put them top.

Comment

Scored 2 goals today
              https://www.instagram.com/p/CI_OkqHh_s2/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                sick goals. I am sure he will be in b2 shortly (at least).

Comment

Lovely header and a very well taken finish for the second. The game ended 3-3 as well against a team next to them in the league.

He was unlucky with injuries over pre season and then COVID, hence his late start to the Season. I think that was the only thing that stopped him from moving over the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    sick goals. I am sure he will be in b2 shortly (at least).
                    The second in particular was a real beauty! Unfortunately he also caused a penalty later, but it was a totally wrong call (and nobody in the team blamed it on him) because the ref wanted to make up for an earlier wrong call of his when he did not give a penalty.

If he makes it to Bundeliga 2 (or better) he should immediately be called up.

Actually, he should even be called up now as is, even though we are already pretty staked in the offensive department because a) he does look like a real quality player and b) he looks really younf, so even if he may not get starts anytime soon (with taremi, Azmoun etc.) he would be a top investment for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                      The second in particular was a real beauty! Unfortunately he also caused a penalty later, but it was a totally wrong call (and nobody in the team blamed it on him) because the ref wanted to make up for an earlier wrong call of his when he did not give a penalty.

If he makes it to Bundeliga 2 (or better) he should immediately be called up.

Actually, he should even be called up now as is, even though we are already pretty staked in the offensive department because a) he does look like a real quality player and b) he looks really younf, so even if he may not get starts anytime soon (with taremi, Azmoun etc.) he would be a top investment for the future.
                      You can’t be serious about inviting this guy. A player doesn’t go from La Liga/Eredivisie to 3.Liga if they have quality.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                        You can’t be serious about inviting this guy. A player doesn’t go from La Liga/Eredivisie to 3.Liga if they have quality.
                        I am serious. It doesn#t cost anything to call him up and give him a few minutes to lock him up for Iran (you never know if he may not develop into something bigger and be useful in the future).

Comment

I dont think he should be called up atm, over guys like Kaveh, Karim, even Allahyar and Zahedi.

But definitely if he is in B2 and performing we could consider it. It is nice to see his development regardless.

There is no real rush to "lock him up" he wont be playing for spain or germany in the future lol.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            I dont think he should be called up atm, over guys like Kaveh, Karim, even Allahyar and Zahedi.

But definitely if he is in B2 and performing we could consider it. It is nice to see his development regardless.

There is no real rush to "lock him up" he wont be playing for spain or germany in the future lol.
                            I know I'm (really stretching it) and for sure the players you mentioned are all ahead of him, but if the coach is honest with him and let's him know that there's a long list of other striker ahead of him and it's a (very) long shot, it still doesn't hurt and has two benefits:

One, our defenders and goalies get to practise against a striker that gree up and was taught in two of the most advanced footballing nations.
                            Two, you never know how someone will play for a national team. There have been nobodies on a club level that turned out to be incredible for a national team and vice versa.

Plus there are some precedences, e.g. Beitashur. I never rated or liked the guy, but did support him being tested out. It turned out he was not worth it, but as I said, didn't cost us anything (except 2 flight tickets and some room and board EDIT: I now realize it cost us more because took hime to Brazil, a move I did not support. I onlky supported inviting him to camps to test him out).

From the limited times I've checked out Eckert, he does excude quality and he's young.

Comment

So you are conceding that we have a handful of strikers better than him yet you still want to invite him? At the cost of not inviting one of the better players?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                                So you are conceding that we have a handful of strikers better than him yet you still want to invite him? At the cost of not inviting one of the better players?
                                No one is saying we should invite him right now lol.. But he's still really young, has great experience, and is a good striker for a top 3.Bundesliga side.

He will make it to 2.Bundesliga next year, either through promotion or transfer. He is a very solid player and one to keep an eye on, that is all we are saying lol

Comment

Working...
                                X