No announcement yet.

Dennis Eckert @ Ingolstadt 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please edit the title to: Dennis Eckert Ayensa Over 99% of all articles and web pages refer to him by Eckert Ayensa and many German commentators say only Ayensa. Also, it's been season 21-22.

BTW: He made FIFA 22 team of the week (good company with Manuel Neuer)!

Also, I read many articles (mostly German) and they are all full of praise for him: "outstanding".,"superb" and on and on. Let's hope he keeps this up and that Ingolstadt makes it out of the relegation zone.

I've said this before and many people here were arguing with me, but he needs to be capped for Iran!

Comment

1 goal in 17 games for a 25 year old in 2B is a TM call up?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        1 goal in 17 games for a 25 year old in 2B is a TM call up?
        Not sure were you get your stats from:

FC Ingolstadt 75 25 19 (games played, goals, assists)
        source: transfermarkt

Or is your issues because he doesn't have an Iranian last name?

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
          Not sure were you get your stats from:

FC Ingolstadt 75 25 19 (games played, goals, assists)
          source: transfermarkt

Or is your issues because he doesn't have an Iranian last name?
          I am referring to current season’s stats, his first season in 2B. He was also struggling in Spain and Netherlands. I do not have a problem with his name.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
            I am referring to current season’s stats, his first season in 2B. He was also struggling in Spain and Netherlands. I do not have a problem with his name.
            OK fair enough.

However, consider this: Ingolstadt is dead last in the table, because the whole team is (was) weak. But one of the several German articles really went into depth and explained that just within the past few weeks Ingolstadt got 5 new players and several of those have had an immediate impact lifting the whole team.

Eckert Ayensa obviously benefitted from this upgrade. He is definitely a quality player, but a quality player without proper support can only do so much. HE also missed 7 or 8 games in a row due to a broken colar bone this season.

Also. let me tell you something about Germans: they are not prone to be overly exhuberant with their praise easily. If all the major German media (incl. Kicker) praise him in the highest tones, that really means something.

Comment

Tomorrow, Ingolstadt 04 will play against Sandhausen at home.

Here's a very detailed article.

Basically, Ingolstadt is the 18th (last place) and Sandhausen the 14th placed team. Based on the current standing, Ingolstadt needs 7 points in the next few games to get out of the relegation zone. Game is on Skysports live.

Let's hope Eckert-Ayensa and his team keeps up his good form.

The article mentions that he is a very good assister, but not currently a lethal finisher in the 2nd BL. But, his ability to assist, is exactly why I think he is interesting for TM. I think people who reject him outright, make he mistake to view and judge him as a pure target striker where TM obviously has a long list of great players startting with our superior center forwards (Taremi and Azmoun).

But I could see him as an alternative for an AM role and that's the main reason I want him to be invited for a camp. He's a heads up player with a good overal awareness of the game and makes very good passes into the box.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                Tomorrow, Ingolstadt 04 will play against Sandhausen at home.

Here's a very detailed article.

Basically, Ingolstadt is the 18th (last place) and Sandhausen the 14th placed team. Based on the current standing, Ingolstadt needs 7 points in the next few games to get out of the relegation zone. Game is on Skysports live.

Let's hope Eckert-Ayensa and his team keeps up his good form.

The article mentions that he is a very good assister, but not currently a lethal finisher in the 2nd BL. But, his ability to assist, is exactly why I think he is interesting for TM. I think people who reject him outright, make he mistake to view and judge him as a pure target striker where TM obviously has a long list of great players startting with our superior center forwards (Taremi and Azmoun).

But I could see him as an alternative for an AM role and that's the main reason I want him to be invited for a camp. He's a heads up player with a good overal awareness of the game and makes very good passes into the box.
                Thank you for the summary, Parthian. That is very helpful to know re: his passing skills, particularly as that is an area TM isn't very strong in. While we have two amazing strikers, its easy to forget the level of service they receive at top teams in Portugal and until recently Russia play a big role in their success.

Comment

Eckert and Tafazolli are the two players other than Irandust who I think could have helped TM. I still think Tafazolli with his height and scoring ability can help us at the end of games if we’re down, but our 4 cbs are probably going to be Shoja, Morteza, Majid and Kannani. Maybe after World Cup if Ansarifard and Kaveh retire they’ll be more space for Dennis, Alipour and other young forwards.

Comment

You are right in saying that he isn’t a striker and he prefers to come in from the left instead of playing through the middle. He links up well with a ‘big’ striker as he has shown with a couple of different players at Ingolstadt. He is strong on the counter too. He actually would fit in well to how we play with the formation and tactics that we use but the competition is so strong. Nothing wrong with that though, qreat to have options.

Comment

He is starting , game kicks off in about 20 minutes. He is playing up front with a striker they got on a free from Hannover - usual two striker partners must be out with injury as can’t see either in squad.

Comment

Did anyone watch the game? (I couldn't).

From the match summary it looks like nothing much happened...

0-0 FT

possession 50-50

Ingolstadt
                        - with zero shots on target.
                        - still last in table, but now with 14 points only one point behind #17, OTOH Fortuna Düsseldorfv at #16 won their game and now have 23 points which means the number of points Ingolstadt needs to get out of relegation increased from 7 to 9 points! Looking pretty bad...

Dennis-Yerai Eckert Ayensa was subbed out at min 83

Looks like neither he, nor his team, nor the other team did anything noteworthy.

Only positive I found: Eckert Ayensa clocked as the fastest player of both teams at 32.21 km/h.

Comment

He’s scored against league leaders, St Pauli.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

The guy just scored a beautiful goal in the Belgium League and he‘s repping the beautiful Iran flag on his insta 🇮🇷 we should call him up and get him capped asap

Comment

Did it get disallowed? They won 2-0 but can’t see him on the scoresheet, have him down as a late sub.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
                                The guy just scored a beautiful goal in the Belgium League and he‘s repping the beautiful Iran flag on his insta 🇮🇷 we should call him up and get him capped asap
                                He didn't score today.

He is down to play for Iran because he won't make Spain or Germany (his other countries). He needs to sort out his visa situation. With CQ at the helm, he will get Dennis to us, but CQ has to be there.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X