A thought on Iranian hype - Reza Ghoochenejad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A thought on Iranian hype - Reza Ghoochenejad

I do not want this to seem negative on Reza but as with almost any player who shines like him why is it that we rush to have 15 pages talking about him along with 3-4 threads opened all gushing over his performance. Yes, I am very happy to see an Iranian perform so well and to at least bring a positive light to our country but what we do is on another level.

Does no one consider the fact that form is a thing? Players need to shine over a season, not a few months let alone 20 minutes. This is one thing which I do not like to see and I feel speaks about our "Low footballing level" mentality. So what that one of our players scored 4 goals in 20 minutes, let us not hype him up and wait for more games instead before jumping to conclusions. This applies to more players than him alone but his is the most recent example.

All around the world in top leagues players have high form runs for weeks and months and fans understand that this is not representative of what the player truly is. They wait instead for more signs of his play to come out instead of jumping to conclusions. So many foreign players who've had these sort of moments eventually crashed down( Morata early days in Chelsea, Solanke in the youth world cup, even the almighty Michu at Swansea etc). I just ask that we too follow suit at least to a certain extent. Yes, we can celebrate his achievement, this is PersianFootball after but let's leave it at that and not anymore.

*I would like to hear your opinions on this however. I understand that maybe I am wrong and would like to see what those of you who oppose my idea have to say

Exactly as I wrote in the poll thread!

Let the guy play more than just 1 game before starting to discuss whether he should be invited to TM or not.

Comment

We don't need another thread.

Comment

Working...
      X