No announcement yet.

Iran vs Hong Kong Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not impressed by Wilmots so far, he is doing nothing new with the team and currently it is at a point where transitions in some positions of the field are absolutely necessary.
    Biggest weaknesses right now are CB, RB, and central midfield. I think our attack will do just fine with Ghoddos and Taremi back, maybe even Gholizadeh.

I think Wilmots just wanted to put out a safer lineup to guarantee a result before trying something new, given how he is fresh to the job. I just hope we're not still seeing Kanaani in the back line once the games get more serious.

Also have to give Sardar credit where it is due. Zenit has really helped him improve many aspects of his game, particularly his control and passing. He just looks a class above EVERYBODY else on the field. Can't wait to see him in the UCL. If only Dzyuba was Iranian too, would get to see that killer combo for TM

Comment

altough i must say, the boys have never played in hong kong before, its a very humid place to play.. at one point did amiri pass out???? apart from that i think the boys should play a little bit more risky passes in the part of the opponents team, this is just pure possesion play but they must force an error in the opponents defence.. to score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
        altough i must say, the boys have never played in hong kong before, its a very humid place to play.. at one point did amiri pass out???? apart from that i think the boys should play a little bit more risky passes in the part of the opponents team, this is just pure possesion play but they must force an error in the opponents defence.. to score goals.
        I think the game was in Cambodia if im not mistaken due to safety issues in Hong Kong

Comment

Well Japan are 2-0 against Myanmar... in 82'

Comment

Aside from his assist, Jahanbakhsh was piss poor.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
              If only Dzyuba was Iranian too, would get to see that killer combo for TM
              Maybe we should start naturalizing random people like Hong Kong
              #WilmotsOUT

Comment

First game under a new manager.
                Bunch of players who haven't played 90 minutes HARD for months
                No imagination and no urgency
                More mental than anything else.
                We will beat Hong Kong in Iran by at least 4 or 5 goals
                No need to lose sleep over this, but IT WAS SOOOOOO BORING.

Be safe everyone.
                Tasliat arz meekonam baseyeh Ashura be hameh

Comment

Another thing that become very weak, are our corners and set-pieces. We used to be so dangerous from this kind of situations but after Teymourian left TM, we lack that ability; Ramin and Jahanbakhsh are just horrible in that aspect.

Comment

I am happy with the away win since it's always hard to win when you don't play at home, yet it was a lackluster performance by TM. This is not going to cut it. We will be in big trouble in front of Iraq and Bahrain if we play like this. Hopefully, Taremi, Ezzatollahi and Moharami will be back in top shape so that we could perform at a different level. Yet that's only the talent pool, I am not sure if the coaching is there to make it work.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                      We are not qatar. Or france.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

LOL @ this "possession football." Once again, having 70% of the ball means nothing if you can't execute when it matters. This game would have ended 2-0 with CQ's defensive tactics as well. Hope Wilmots can instill the real deal: set up camp in the opposition 1/3 and impose yourself on the opposition. THAT would be real possession football.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                          LOL lets start mailing letters to Mbappe and Ronaldo to see if they'll take the offer

Comment

Naghshe Torabi dar in baazi chi bood?
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Jahanbaksh was really bad. He was almost invisble in the second half and save for his nice assist, he just seems to be invisible. It almost felt like watching one of his premier league games...I just don't understand why he's having such a hard time, I know he's got the skill and playing against HK isn't harder than playing agaisnt Dutch league teams...he should be doing much better.

Ramin should never be in another TM game. Not only are his touches poor but his reaction time is also really slow. Moreover, his theatrics when he gets fouled are extremely embarrassing.

Our defense is extremely unorganized....it's almost scary. A team like Uzbekistan or Korea could have easily scored on us in the second half.

Comment

Happy Birthday Bachelot jaan. Sorry for the subpar TM performance yet its still a win on your birthday. 💐🎂🎈

Comment

Working...
                                X