Iran vs Hong Kong Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion - Page 21

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Iran vs Hong Kong Match Thread | Live Report, Links, Discussion

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I feel Ezza will come back stronger than ever (if he chooses to drop all the ghorme sabzi)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kian_khosh For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roozan View Post
    well ezzatolahi hasnt played in what, almost a year now? half a year? due to injury what can we expect from him
    he played in june against syria and korea. wilmots didn’t want him this time.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 632 Posts
    Here is an interesting article by Mostafavi arguing that Wilmots is putting together a new system with a striker (Karim in the yesterday's match) and a shadow striker (Sardar again yesterday) that sounds like a hybrid between CAM and a striker. Here are the main points:

- We all noticed how Majid and Kanaani played close to mid line hence another aspect of the new system he points out is the two CB's playing further up and execute the plan by solid interceptions on counters and quick movement to the back.

- He also argues that Wilmots was smart about HK having tall defenders (unlike many other southeast Asian teams) and did not just have a barrage of serves into their eighteen. Rather the team only did that when the wingers got the ball either in between HK's CBs and their side backs or between HK's CBs and their midfielders. I would add that we also used our ground game (watch ARJ's beautiful move after receiving Sardar's pass to open himself up and send a surface serve into Karim's path for the second goal and watch Sardar's movement after he passed the ball to ARJ even though he did not receive the serve).

- He then says that this system will be even better when we have Ghoddoos and Taremi instead of ARJ and Torabi. Since they could play these roles even better and Taremi could even be the shadow striker with Sardar being the striker instead of Karim.

- Mostafavi also mentions that Wilmots chose Majid and Kanaani because they are younger and this new role requires a lot more running and in PAG and Cheshmi we have good replacements.

- He then praises Wilmots (and I think a lot of credit should perhaps go to Vahid) for having a very well planned strategy and he says as we get better with this kind of possession game we could dictate our game to future opponents. He says we should mature this system by the time we face Iraq (and I say even Bahrain).

- I would add that CQ also started this in AC 2019 (and Mostafavi also says that because he refers to the AC match against Oman) but this is more sophisticated with using the shadow striker and adjusting to the opponent. CQ's team used many long balls and direct game in AC. Mostafavi argues that this is harder to execute than the CQ's defensive system (I am not sure if we could pigeonhole CQ to having only a defensive system while he started the possession attacking football in AC).

- He also argues that we could be as high as top 16 (I don't know why 16) if we perfect this system with the great talent pool that we have. I would add that with Ezzatollahi being in good shape and finding his rhythm, we could even be more effective with him doing the interceptions in the midfield and starting the attack.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Go TM!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Futbaldoost For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    A front four of Azmoun, Ansarifard, Taremi, and Ghoddos seems a bit too offensive no?

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 632 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dortmund View Post
    A front four of Azmoun, Ansarifard, Taremi, and Ghoddos seems a bit too offensive no?
    If you are referring to my post, I meant Azmoun in place of Ansarifard, Taremi as a shadow striker and Ghoddoos as one of the wingers as one possible formation.

Power Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    If you are referring to my post, I meant Azmoun in place of Ansarifard, Taremi as a shadow striker and Ghoddoos as one of the wingers as one possible formation.
    Ah yes and that sounds a lot better

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    ARJ wasn't nearly as bad as you guys are making him out to be.. He also had that great ball to Azmoun for the header that the HK keeper saved in the first half.
    Not to mention his assist, near goal from his free kick, other solid runs...
    I do admit he could've been better though... It's almost like you have much higher expectations since he is a premier league player.
    He had some impressive moves in my opinion.
    Last edited by kianstarwars; 09-11-2019 at 11:30 PM. Reason: remove "a"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kianstarwars For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Members who have read this thread : 336

You do not have permission to view the list of names.