Sadegh Moharami @ Dinamo Zagreb | 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
    Never saw him playing because i only follow TM, but how can he be so good and be No 3 after Ramin Rezaeian and Voria Ghafoori who both are average players on Asian Level ?
    Moharrami was too young under Quieroz and because Wilmots didn't know anybody and just copied Quieroz's list with a couple exceptions.

Comment

I just hope he really became regular and not because they already play bunch of meaningless games because they pretty much have won the title..

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

A recent interview with Sadegh by Croatian media:

"IT HAS BEEN MENTIONED THAT HE COULD PLAY IN BARCELONA: 'WE'LL SEE, FOR NOW DINAMO IS EVERYTHING TO ME'

For the Iranian footballer in the ranks of the Croatian champion, the real challenges are only now coming.

Iranian Sadegh Moharrami (24) is a very nice guy. But he rarely gives interviews. Not because he wouldn’t want to, or because he avoids the media, but simply somehow he was never in the foreground. He arrived at Dinamo from Persepolis in early July 2018, but never settled into the first team, only to eventually go on loan to Lokomotiv , from where he returned to the blue home last winter.

Against Hajduk on Poljud in the 2-0 victory of Dinamo, you played the best game in the Dinamo jersey, and then soon the championship was interrupted due to the coronavirus pandemic. For you at the worst possible time, right? You were in great shape.

- Unfortunately, that's how it turned out. I felt good, I was slowly getting in shape and I had a feeling that I would be real in the finals of the championship. I hope that the break due to the epidemic will not be felt too much when the matches start.

Damage due to injury

After that game Igor Tudor said that such a Moharrami could play in Barcelona?

- I read it and I was glad. Who wouldn't, but let's let go of our dreams now… I have my own path that is currently in Dinamo and I still have a lot of work ahead of me. So if something is ever realized in that direction, no one will be happier than me. For now, Dinamo is everything to me and I am subordinate to him.

When will you catch the form you had against Hajduk?

- It is difficult for me to answer that question when we have not yet had a real stimulus in the form of competitive matches. We’ll see how things stand quickly. For now, we have played friendly matches with each other, but that is not a real indicator.

How would you rate your stay at Dinamo so far?

- Of course I expected more because I always expect more in my career. It makes me go beyond my limits. And when I do the best workout, I always have the thought in my head that I could have done a few more sprints. Or when I play a good game, I just have some things that could have been better. It’s character like that in me. As for Dinamo, I am sorry for the injury last summer during the preparations in Slovenia. I felt great and I think the story would have gone the other way had it not happened.

Did you think that the moment you were sent on loan to Lokomotiv, it might be the end of your career at Dinamo?

- No. The moment I started thinking like that, I would know that nothing was wrong anymore. I understood the locomotive as a good opportunity to capture the continuity of the performance, which I eventually achieved. I think it was a good decision.

Dedicated Jovicevic

Did your stay there benefit you?

- And look, in any case it is less stressful than in Dinamo because here a series of ten victories does not mean much if one defeat comes. Maybe it's good that in such situations I don't understand the language very well, so I can't read what is written ... Dinamo is a big club and carries the burden that only victories are acceptable, and defeat means disaster. But it has to be that way because it makes you be the maximum in every game. I thank the people from Lokomotiva for what they did for me.

What kind of relationship did you have with Nenad Bjelica?

- Correct. It can be seen that he was a player and that he uses that approach in talking to us. He felt the locker room and she felt him. I would not go into the reasons why and how he left because it is a matter of the people who run the club.

Do you feel like a man who can be Dinamo's first right back next season?

- Of course. And I will do everything to achieve my ambitions. I certainly didn’t come from Iran to sit on a bench or stand in training. I have a great desire to show Dinamo fans and people from the club that they can play at the level expected of Dinamo right back.

Fran Karačić was brought from Lokomotiva. Is he your new problem?

- He can be a problem if I understand him that way, but it can also be an incentive to give even more of myself. Everything is as you imagine and create an image in your head. Not only him, Stojanović is a member of his country's national team. But that is Dinamo. In each position is a class of players that makes you go all the way. No relaxation.

What else would you like to fix?

- I don't think there is a player in the world who will say for himself that there is no room for improvement. There are finesse in each segment that is not fully developed and each training session is an opportunity to face the shortcomings and correct them.

What does coach Igor Jovićević point out to you in training?

- I would not go into the details of our conversations or meetings, because some things need to remain between us. What I really like is the commitment that coach Jovićević has towards training and football in general. He is constantly present, corrects, suggests… There are about 30 of us in training, and I have a feeling that his eyes are on each of us.

Will next season be your best in a Dinamo jersey?

- How lucky it is to be like that, but it is one thing to talk in the newspapers and another in the field. Let's go step by step to see where the road will take us ...

Dragan Skočić installed you in the first team of your first club Malavan, you played in Persepolis under Branko Ivanković ... It seems that you are destined for Croatia?

- That's how it turns out and that's why I'm very glad. I was recently told that there is a theory that Croats are like the people who inhabited this area from the former Persia, maybe there is a link, ha-ha ... The fact is that Croats are a football nation and a superpower. That is what the results of the national team say, but also these Dinamo players if you look at the context we come from. We don’t have a real stadium, but we are regularly in European groups. We don't have a real camp, and our players are leaving for unimaginable numbers."

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nogo...o-sve-15001478

Comment

Excellent answers

Comment

Great praise from a former very good player in Igor Tudor.

Comment

Comment

His team is up 2-0 and he's playing decent. His team is mostly attacking through the other side, but he has shown good pace to get on through balls

Comment

mehdikhani getting minutes now

Comment

3-1 dinamo now. Moharrami had some trademark excellent dribbling sequences in second half. Solid defensively including one really good back post interception. He is really aggressive and switched on defensively compared to start of season. He had nothing to do with long range goal they conceded.

Mehdikhani did very well too. Played entire second half. I hope his team doesnt relegate because if he plays a full season in the top flight for them as a starter he could easily move to a better croatian team.

Overall a good day for both our guys.

Comment

This is good to see , how was the performances of both of the players in the second half ?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        This is good to see , how was the performances of both of the players in the second half ?
                        As I said above,

Sadegh : More involved offensively in second half than first. Some of his classic dribbling sequences broke lines and earned free kicks in dangerous areas. Defensively he was very switched on and had one important back post interception to prevent fwd from having shot on goal. He has really improved in his defending of crosses to the back post compared to start of season. He sticks to his man very well and deals with the danger, not ball watching.

Mehdikhani : Great speed and strength on the right side. He was playing as RWB. Had some great runs himself, got a couple fouls, and most of everything varazdin did in the second half came down his side. Had one really dangerous cross and a couple nice switches of play.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          As I said above,
                          Sadegh : More involved offensively in second half than first. Some of his classic dribbling sequences broke lines and earned free kicks in dangerous areas. Defensively he was very switched on and had one important back post interception to prevent fwd from having shot on goal. He has really improved in his defending of crosses to the back post compared to start of season. He sticks to his man very well and deals with the danger, not ball watching.
                          Mehdikhani : Great speed and strength on the right side. He was playing as RWB. Had some great runs himself, got a couple fouls, and most of everything varazdin did in the second half came down his side. Had one really dangerous cross and a couple nice switches of play.

We posted at the same time so I didn’t see your post 🙂 but thank you for this .

Comment

I want to see more of Sadegh in Team Melli. Competing vs Rezaeian will bring out the best in both of them. I wonder who Skocic will decide on once we start Team Melli camps.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                              I want to see more of Sadegh in Team Melli. Competing vs Rezaeian will bring out the best in both of them. I wonder who Skocic will decide on once we start Team Melli camps.
                              The more game time he gets then I think it will be worth trying him out over Ramin who will be 32 at the next World Cup and we need to build to the future.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X