Reza Ghoochannejhad @ PEC Zwolle | 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kapenak View Post
    Fair point re: South Korea. 2nd leg vs. Saudi he scored the first goal and the game ended 2-2.

Again, by no stretch of the imagination am I saying Gucci is better than Daei, or even close to him. At all.

But I am saying that Gucci is more clutch. Given Daei's long and illustrious TM career, he hasn't scored many goals that we can categorize as "clutch." He is our #1 most prolific scorer. Legend. Greatest ever arguably. But I just don't see him as a clutch guy. Maybe our definition of clutch differs. Maybe we just see things differently.

Compared to Gucci's rather short stint with TM, he has scored several very critical goals I categorize as clutch. Last second, last-ditch goals in do-or-die, life-or-death situations. Does this make him a better player than Daei? Absolutely not. But I do think it makes him more clutch. Not sure how else I can try to explain my sentiment. Anyways its not an important issue whatsoever, just something I thought of and wanted to voice. In no way do I mean any disrespect or want to belittle Daei's playing career and service to TM.
    I wanted to let you know, I understand the point you are trying to make.

Comment

He had some more moments
      AC 1996: Korea (3-2, 4-2, 5-2, 6-2), Kuwait (1-1)
      AC 2000: Iraq (1-0)
      WCQ 2002: Saudi (1-0, 2-0), Iraq (2-1), Saudi again (1-1)
      AC 2004: Bahrain (3-2, 4-2)

Here are Gucci's moments:
      WCQ 2014: Qatar (1-0), Korea (1-0)
      AC 2015: Iraq (3-3)
      WCQ 2018: Qatar (1-0)

Also I wouldn't say Gucci had a short stint, he still played 44 games and scored 16. Azizi for example played 47 games. He just didn't have a long stint he was replaced by Sardar.

While we are talking about Azmoun, here are his clutch monents.
      Friendly 2014 (yet very heated): Korea (1-0)
      AC 2015: Qatar (1-0), Iraq (1-0)
      WCQ 2018: Korea (1-0), Uzbekistan (1-0)

So I would say Sardar has been as clutch as Gucci with 50 games played and 32 scored (almost 2x the ratio Gucci has). Probably will be our most clutch player ever!

BTW, I not arguing that Gucci has been remarkably clutch. He just had the bad luck that he was replaced by a younger player who is at least as clutch, and scores more on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
        He had some more moments
        AC 1996: Korea (3-2, 4-2, 5-2, 6-2), Kuwait (1-1)
        AC 2000: Iraq (1-0)
        WCQ 2002: Saudi (1-0, 2-0), Iraq (2-1), Saudi again (1-1)
        AC 2004: Bahrain (3-2, 4-2)

Here are Gucci's moments:
        WCQ 2014: Qatar (1-0), Korea (1-0)
        AC 2015: Iraq (3-3)
        WCQ 2018: Qatar (1-0)

Also I wouldn't say Gucci had a short stint, he still played 44 games and scored 16. Azizi for example played 47 games. He just didn't have a long stint he was replaced by Sardar.

While we are talking about Azmoun, here are his clutch monents.
        Friendly 2014 (yet very heated): Korea (1-0)
        AC 2015: Qatar (1-0), Iraq (1-0)
        WCQ 2018: Korea (1-0), Uzbekistan (1-0)

So I would say Sardar has been as clutch as Gucci with 50 games played and 32 scored (almost 2x the ratio Gucci has). Probably will be our most clutch player ever!

BTW, I not arguing that Gucci has been remarkably clutch. He just had the bad luck that he was replaced by a younger player who is at least as clutch, and scores more on a regular basis.
        I wouldn't really call those Azmoun goals clutch. When people say Reza clutch, they mean in the sense that he always saves when we're deep in shit. For example, the qualifiers you mentioned against Qatar and Korea. Those were must win games and his goals were the deciding goals. Our only goal in World Cup 2014, last minute goals against UAE and Iraq in Asian Cup 2015, and against against Qatar in 2018 WCQ. He's also had these type of games at club level too, like his hat trick against PSV, his 4 goals as a sub early last season, this recent friendly, his game winning penalty when he was at Sydney FC, etc.

Sardar and Daei had less moments like these, where they scored when we were in deep deep shit and saved us (not to take anything away from them though, they were both better than Reza overall, just not as clutch)

Comment

Again, i like Gucci bot as a person & as a player, but he isn't good enough to even being compared with Daei or Azmoun!

Besides 1 fantastic season at SC Heerenveen & 1 good season at STVV in Belgium, he always was a mediocre club player.
          Yes he made some fantastic goals for Team Melli and always worked hard. But stop trying to put him at the same level as our top stars.
          Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
          O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
            I wouldn't really call those Azmoun goals clutch. When people say Reza clutch, they mean in the sense that he always saves when we're deep in shit. For example, the qualifiers you mentioned against Qatar and Korea. Those were must win games and his goals were the deciding goals. Our only goal in World Cup 2014, last minute goals against UAE and Iraq in Asian Cup 2015, and against against Qatar in 2018 WCQ. He's also had these type of games at club level too, like his hat trick against PSV, his 4 goals as a sub early last season, this recent friendly, his game winning penalty when he was at Sydney FC, etc.

Sardar and Daei had less moments like these, where they scored when we were in deep deep shit and saved us (not to take anything away from them though, they were both better than Reza overall, just not as clutch)
            To me clutch goals are exactly as you described it and not just any goal. Definitely Ghoochannejad has scored more of those and it's why I fully expected him to come on in the second half against Portugal.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
              By that definition no Liverpool player was clutch this year, as they had no do or die game since they were winning everything.

Azmoun goals (winners) in WCQ made us not end in a do or die situation. You can't say because of that those goals were less important/clutch. In the end I think you should see what results these performances got us.. certainly losing a game 3-1 isn't something one should write home about.

In my opinion both of them were important in AC games and both of them scored crucial goals that brought us to a WC. So that's why I would say both are equally clutch, yet Gucci's goals were more memorable. Then again, Azizi's goals were even more memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                By that definition no Liverpool player was clutch this year, as they had no do or die game since they were winning everything.

Azmoun goals (winners) in WCQ made us not end in a do or die situation. You can't say because of that those goals were less important/clutch. In the end I think you should see what results these performances got us.. certainly losing a game 3-1 isn't something one should write home about.

In my opinion both of them were important in AC games and both of them scored crucial goals that brought us to a WC. So that's why I would say both are equally clutch, yet Gucci's goals were more memorable. Then again, Azizi's goals were even more memorable.
                Divock Origi would argue otherwise
                We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Javeed View Post
                  Divock Origi would argue otherwise
                  That was not last season, but two seasons before

Comment

The Gooch just scored
                    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

game winner
                      "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
                        game winner
                        Like I said
                        Clutch

It’s the Mashhadi thang baby

Comment

Eredivisie Comeback: FC Emmen 0:1 PEC Zwolle

Highlights:

*Reza's goal @ 3:46 min

Comment

Reza will be starting against Feyenoord. Game is on ESPN+ in the US.

Comment

Reza in the team for Zwolle against Feyenoord. Kick off in about 40 minutes and the game is live on the livescores app.

Comment

he played really weak today. to be honest, I've watched all his games with PEC Zwolle and only had 2 matches were he played well. since he is transferfree next summer, I think he will join his former youth team Cambuur Leeuwarden in the second division.
                                In my opinion he has always been a mediocre striker.
                                In his teenage years he was a big talent in heerenveen's youth academy and in the second division with Cambuur. he even played for the Netherlands u19. I remember back then, he was known for his speed.
                                but after that he never impressed me. (beside his period with sint truiden and heerenveen). In general i dont think he is good enough anymore for the dutch first division

In addition, I am very happy he choosed to play for Iran and scored many important goals for us.

Comment

Working...
                                X