No announcement yet.

Reza Ghoochannejhad @ PEC Zwolle | 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus he made the choice to leave international duty didn’t he? , he didn’t want to be on the bench and at his age he can concentrate on his remaining club career. All the best to him.

Comment

yup. And lets be honest a couple goals for PEC Zwolle doesnt put him over the likes of Kaveh and Mehrdad who have been excellent in the past 1-2 years.

Even after that if allahyar can get more regular mins for Fener and develop his game he has all the tools to be another TM consideration.

Just being honest we are very stacked up front and gucci for the excellent serciveable poacher he is simply doesnt have enough to his game to warrant an inclusion over these guys who are younger and doing more in europe. Plus I think that he himself didnt want to be 3rd choice striker and has a little kid and wife so needs to spend more time with them as well after a long career.

Comment

Now that we are spoiled with forwards he doesn't get enough respect around here. Don't forget...

Comment

I doubt he can be convinced to return to national duty anymore & as a whole it doesn’t make too much football sense to extend him further invites ..!
          By the same token, even Now, if we are struggling for a goal late in the upcoming WCQs, he’d be my choice of a late game offensive impact sub over the likes of mehrdaad or khaveh or whoever else ..!
          When need arises for clutch play ... hanoozam ke hanoozeh... Reza ragheeb nadareh..! Simple as

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
            Now that we are spoiled with forwards he doesn't get enough respect around here. Don't forget...
            From my part your statement isn't true for one bit. Although he lost a bit of respect after his post WC interview & the way he spoke about Queiroz.
            I have met the guy in person a few times and my oldest son loves him as his personal favourite TM player
            Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
            O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Gucci and Khalatbari were a dangerous duo. Gucci has to be the best clutch player TM ever had. I only wish CQ had subbed him in during the 2018 WC games against Portugal and Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                Gucci and Khalatbari were a dangerous duo. Gucci has to be the best clutch player TM ever had. I only wish CQ had subbed him in during the 2018 WC games against Portugal and Spain.
                Khalatbari was special.. I think he would've done some damage if he played in Europe.

Comment

Ofcourse he deserves respect for what he has done for TM. But his time is over, Azizi ao also deserves respect for what he did for TM, but you won't see him getting invited to play for Iran again either.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    I think Daei and Azizi probably don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                      I think Daei and Azizi probably don't agree.
                      Azizi rivals Gucci for most clutch, probably a close call.

Daei has to be the least clutch player amongst our top level players. Maybe my memory fails me, but I can't remember a big game that Daei actually pulled off something clutch. Other than his brace against Saudi Arabia in Azadi (I remember that game vividly), it seems like he only showed up to pummel trash teams lol.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kapenak View Post

Daei has to be the least clutch player amongst our top level players. Maybe my memory fails me, but I can't remember a big game that Daei actually pulled off something clutch. Other than his brace against Saudi Arabia in Azadi (I remember that game vividly), it seems like he only showed up to pummel trash teams lol.
                        Gucci can't even shine Ali Daei's shoes, he was in another league. Daei is our best striker ever, though Azmoun will be the best striker in the history of TM when he retires.

Comment

Daei was way better, no question. But we were talking about being clutch. I just don't remember Daei as a particularly clutch player.
                          sigpic

Comment

Daei made 2 of the most important assists in Iranian football ever (Oz 97, US 98). For that alone he is a legend.

Comment

-

Are you kidding me? So his FOUR goals against South Korea in the Asian Cup QF don't count? His goal against Japan in 94 doesn't count? Not only did he score the brace against KSA in 2002 qualifiers but he scored again in the return leg. Seriously, stop with this nonsense.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
                                -

Are you kidding me? So his FOUR goals against South Korea in the Asian Cup QF don't count? His goal against Japan in 94 doesn't count? Not only did he score the brace against KSA in 2002 qualifiers but he scored again in the return leg. Seriously, stop with this nonsense.
                                Fair point re: South Korea. 2nd leg vs. Saudi he scored the first goal and the game ended 2-2.

Again, by no stretch of the imagination am I saying Gucci is better than Daei, or even close to him. At all.

But I am saying that Gucci is more clutch. Given Daei's long and illustrious TM career, he hasn't scored many goals that we can categorize as "clutch." He is our #1 most prolific scorer. Legend. Greatest ever arguably. But I just don't see him as a clutch guy. Maybe our definition of clutch differs. Maybe we just see things differently.

Compared to Gucci's rather short stint with TM, he has scored several very critical goals I categorize as clutch. Last second, last-ditch goals in do-or-die, life-or-death situations. Does this make him a better player than Daei? Absolutely not. But I do think it makes him more clutch. Not sure how else I can try to explain my sentiment. Anyways its not an important issue whatsoever, just something I thought of and wanted to voice. In no way do I mean any disrespect or want to belittle Daei's playing career and service to TM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X