• Time
  • Show
Clear All

no Kaveh Rezaei? poor guy can't catch a break
    SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
      no Kaveh Rezaei? poor guy can't catch a break
      He has hardly seen any action and doesn't have TM performances like Omid's under his belt to justify an invite. He will have his chances. His assist for Charleroi yesterday was a good start. Let's hope we see much action and many goals from him in the coming months.

Comment

The call up still has CQ written all over it.. What happened with all the talks that the new coaching staff will be watching and looking for new talent everywhere?

I hope inviting Massoud Shojaee isn't part of the talent search. The man has done his service and there is really not much more that he can offer.

I know the league has just started and it hasn't been all that impressive so far but there definitely a few who could have been invited ..One such player is Paykan's forward Ghomanloo. He reminds me of young Ali Daie.

Comment

Dejagah has been re-invited to team melli. So sad that mohammadi is still not invited.

Comment

I am glad they invited Ashkan. It was a mistake not to invite him.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/3504/%D8%AF%...85%D9%84%DB%8C

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
              I am glad they invited Ashkan. It was a mistake not to invite him.

http://ffiri.ir/fa/news/3504/%D8%AF%...85%D9%84%DB%8C
              He was the best player on the pitch during the Tractor vs Persepolis match. He is still top quality.

Comment

need Saeed called up too and then we be cooking..!!

Comment

Ashkan is evergreen - he plays with a verve which is pure, a great example for the younger guys. It's amazing how many games he was one of our best players last year when he was searching for a club....

On the other hand, I hope Masoud is there in a kind of coaching capacity not as a player....

Comment

HK the kind of game and level of opposition where Shojaei should be able to run the show so I can understand his selection. Doesn't have the speed of thought or movement to cut it against better oppo nowadays so would expect Dejagah to come back in for these games.

Not the most exciting or progressive list, but just goes to show the strength in depth we have compared to 6 years ago when some of these fringe squad players would have been considered amongst our key players

Comment

whos going to the game in hong kong?any one?

Comment

Anyone know who is gonna replaced injured taremi?

Comment

Why is shojaei invited again?he can’t do anything anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                            Why is shojaei invited again?he can’t do anything anymore
                            My guess is that Wilmots/Hashemian team is in need of a team leader to avoid any unwanted mental breakdowns in relatively unknown circumstances in a new country. He is probably more like a player/coach at this point. Also, Ashkan had an injury from Tractor/PP match that unexpectedly healed quickly so he got invited late (apparently he was on the original list).

Comment

So much as we all love him for his character as an individual, it is time for Shojaie to call it and retire gracefully.

He shouldn’t put himself in a position to benchwarm in most games. The idea that a wise and cool head is needed amongst younger players, don’t cut it with me anymore. We not only have hajisafi and Ashkan, players like ansarifard, Beiranvand, Amiri, PAG are veterans in their own rights.

With shojaie out, and Ashkan over a year or two left in him there’s one argument who is our next play-maker. We do need to start investing in and identifying a young one.
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                                With shojaie out, and Ashkan over a year or two left in him there’s one argument who is our next play-maker. We do need to start investing in and identifying a young one.
                                Saman Ghoddos. No worries.

In fact, I think he should become our main play maker right after he comes back. Dejagah should slowly be phased out. We will have the former in the next WC but not the latter.

Comment

Working...
                                X