Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goes both ways no? I'm pretty sure he has to sign the contract as well? Sometimes you have those one sided automatic extensions, but the total contract length can't be longer than 5 years total.

Anyhow, with the way things are progressing he probably should be happy that he has a contract somewhere. I don't see many clubs offering him a good paycheck in his current form.

Comment

Unfortunately it looks like the kid either has mental/maturity issues, very poor representation, or both. the talent's there for all to see. if his career goes down the tubes i'd rank this as the greatest waste of career potential in TM history. truly astonishing. he had the guidance (or motivation) to push for an unusually (by iranian standards) early entree into Europe. Worked his way into TM starting role at a young age. and then fell off like a ton of bricks.

Comment

He signs a contract extension and he is guaranteed a job, I’m guessing he hasn’t been on crazy money during his career and due to not playing much he maybe hasn’t got that much attention from other clubs so this gives him somewhere to play instead of going back to Iran which many on here would see as a negative.
        On Rostov’s side it means that they get to keep him as a player and get a fee for him if they decide to sell him if interest comes. Also maybe they see the quality in him and know that if he sorts his fitness he can be a very good player for him.
        Well done on the new contract to him, now hopefully he starts to sort his fitness out and puts all his focus into training and getting back on to the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          Unfortunately it looks like the kid either has mental/maturity issues, very poor representation, or both. the talent's there for all to see. if his career goes down the tubes i'd rank this as the greatest waste of career potential in TM history. truly astonishing. he had the guidance (or motivation) to push for an unusually (by iranian standards) early entree into Europe. Worked his way into TM starting role at a young age. and then fell off like a ton of bricks.
          According to TransferMarket, his agent is his relative. That alone should explain why his career is in the shape that it is.

Honestly, Rostov is the best case scenario for him. I was expecting him to be back in Iran, playing for Teractor or Sepahan.

Either way, I hope TM moves on from him... for now at least. We have Nourollahi, Ali Karimi, Abdollahzadeh, Farshid Bagheri, etc... that can easily replace him at this point of his career.
          Last edited by The; 07-30-2020, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
            According to TransferMarket, his agent is his relative. That alone should explain why his career is in the shape that it is.

Honestly, Rostov is the best case scenario for him. I was expecting him to be back in Iran, playing for Teractor or Sepahan.

Either way, I hope TM moves on from him... for now at least. We have Nourollahi, Ali Karimi, Abdollahzadeh, Farshid Bagheri, etc... that can easily replace him at this point of his career.
            Srsly? The alternative to a guy playing in various league of europe from 18 y.o are some forever IPL players?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
              Srsly? The alternative to a guy playing in various league of europe from 18 y.o are some forever IPL players?
              Since the day the sport of football was invented, There have been countless examples of young promising players whose careers fizzled out as they entered their mid-20s. I don't see why Saeid would be exempt from this. The kid has played 32 professional matches in 8 seasons! I repeat 32 games in 8 seasons!

Maybe, just maybe... playing in Athletico Madrid's youth team for a couple months over 6 years ago, shouldn't get him a spot in a national team for the rest of his career.

As it stands those "forever IPL players" are in better shape, and have done more in the past two years to deserve a spot than Ezzi.

And before anyone brings up, injuries and other excuses for him... how about we wait for him to play full season of football before we rely on him as our main CM for the national team.

Comment

Since the day the sport of football was invented, There have been countless examples of young promising players whose careers fizzled out as they entered their mid-20s. I don't see why Saeid would be exempt from this. The kid has played 32 professional matches in 8 seasons! I repeat 32 games in 8 seasons!
                Maybe, just maybe... playing in Athletico Madrid's youth team for a couple months over 6 years ago, shouldn't get him a spot in a national team for the rest of his career.
                As it stands those "forever IPL players" are in better shape, and have done more in the past two years to deserve a spot than Ezzi.
                And before anyone brings up, injuries and other excuses for him... how about we wait for him to play full season of football before we rely on him as our main CM for the national team.
                He has very often be reliable for our national team. This + Training and having zero playing time in Europe is more valuable than being Ballon d'or in the mickey mouse league called IPL. Of course it doesn't apply to huge talents playing in IPL and aiming to move in Europe (like Allahyar). But the list you wrote isn't in this case. I don't see any of these playing in Europe one day.

Comment

I could not find any such report when I searched Ezatolahi (in Russian) on Sport-Express.ru. There is only the Tasnim article which refers to Sport-Express.ru but doesn’t provide a link. A few weeks ago Tasnim reported that he was out of contract.

At the time of this post there is a video in Malavan’s Instagram story posted 4 hours ago that show Saeed at a training session. This is also in Saeed’s story. He also added a photo of him, from Malavan training, with the caption “don’t look back, you are not going that way.”

Comment

He has very often be reliable for our national team. This + Training and having zero playing time in Europe is more valuable than being Ballon d'or in the mickey mouse league called IPL. Of course it doesn't apply to huge talents playing in IPL and aiming to move in Europe (like Allahyar). But the list you wrote isn't in this case. I don't see any of these playing in Europe one day.
                    I am not one to rate PGPL highly at all, but even with that factor, I'd still say Saeid needs to play a full season somewhere ( it could be the Mongolian 5th division for all I care) before we rely on him as our main CM again. He's a shadow of his former self at the moment.

I also disagree with the fact that he's been very reliable for Team Melli. He's definitely shown weakness at times which quickly get overlooked because of his reputation.

I firmly believe we have players who are currently better options than him, and good enough for the level of competition we are facing in the WCQ.

Comment

I am not one to rate PGPL highly at all, but even with that factor, I'd still say Saeid needs to play a full season somewhere ( it could be the Mongolian 5th division for all I care) before we rely on him as our main CM again. He's a shadow of his former self at the moment.
                      I also disagree with the fact that he's been very reliable for Team Melli. He's definitely shown weakness at times which quickly get overlooked because of his reputation.
                      I firmly believe we have players who are currently better options than him, and good enough for the level of competition we are facing in the WCQ.
                      With the same logic, Wilmots had rights to skip off JB because he didn't play for an IPL in-form Mohebi. Ezza has a physical presence we need in midfield. We all see how good we did without him lately..

As CQ said, the level of fitness is really low in IPL. The options you mentionned may look good in our local "slow" league but we need someone who has an euro experience and train with high level teams. Also The players you listed may be good at the moment, but it is very probable they won't last long.

I disagree to sanction someone who had the guts to move in Europe at a young age, resisted Qatar and IPL called and stayed in Europe with various loans. We can be disappointed by his performance but he also suffered a bad injury that badly stopped him in England and Belgium. Covid also stopped his belgian experience while he was playing more and more.
                      If some players had to be sanctionned, it has to be the ones that stops their Euro career too early or the talent ones that stay for ever in IPL/QSL

Comment

The guy is only 23 years of age, how can he already have played 8 seasons? That would mean that he started playing with the seniors when he was only 15 years of age lol.

Also, since it appears that you have a Chrystal Ball, could you tell us when covid-19 will be over or when there will be a vaccin?

No what grants him the spot in the national team is the fact that he is by far the best central midfielder we have, only Ebrahimi comes near his level.

Comment

Everytime Ezatolahi plays for TM he is outstanding, with the highlights being the world cup games against Spain and Portugal where he was the leader of our midfield at only 21 years of age.

In terms of raw talent no Iranian midfielder comes even close to him. I don't care where he plays in the future, when he is fit then he should start.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                            The guy is only 23 years of age, how can he already have played 8 seasons? That would mean that he started playing with the seniors when he was only 15 years of age lol.

Also, since it appears that you have a Chrystal Ball, could you tell us when covid-19 will be over or when there will be a vaccin?

No what grants him the spot in the national team is the fact that he is by far the best central midfielder we have, only Ebrahimi comes near his level.
                            He made his debut in 2012-13. He is almost 24 now and entering his 9th season as a professional. He has actually played 82 games in his career, not 38. Averaging just over 10 games per season. But yeah shireh and a spot in TM is his birthright.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                              He made his debut in 2012-13. He is almost 24 now and entering his 9th season as a professional. He has actually played 82 games in his career, not 38. Averaging just over 10 games per season. But yeah shireh and a spot in TM is his birthright.
                              Yes it is his birthright if nobody proves to be better. Of course if you consider that some IPL nobody should take his spot, then I recommend to consider one of my friends who is doing wonders as a DM in his sunday league.

Comment

Yes it is his birthright if nobody proves to be better. Of course if you consider that some IPL nobody should take his spot, then I recommend to consider one of my friends who is doing wonders as a DM in his sunday league.
                                1. No, it’s not his birthright.

2. Good thing there wasn’t a 31 year old IPL/QSL player like Ebrahimi in that same Eupen team, starting regularly, while Saeed was watching from the stands, or bench if he was lucky. That would be really embarrassing.

Comment

Working...
                                X