WAFF-Tournamant 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    Honestly CQ is not the guy to play for a draw. He always said that his aim is to win every game. Its true that he made less risks in the game against Iraq, but you cant tell me that our boys wouldn't like to h ave got their revanche against Iraq in that game, after the hard breaking exist back in 2015.

Even though CQ was resting some key players he still had the team play an attacking game in the first half and Iran was completely dominating. It was only after around the 65 min mark where he decided to pull the team back and let Iraq burn itself out.

Make no mistake, we had the best team in the tournament by far and had it not been for that Brain Freeze by our players we would have beaten Japan and taken the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
      Or Iraq just really sucks
      I think we can agree now that Bahrain is no joke.

Comment

I think we can agree know that Bahrain is no joke.
        bahrain was never a joke i said this when i watched their first game! They had nice game plan and it worked both against us and iraq! Iraq was super lucky to get that draw.

But our deffense line is shoking ! after 8-9 years I am now really worried about our deffense! against cambodia they were weak against south korea they were weak against bahrain they were super weak! Yesterdays match reminded me of our team in 2002 against any west asian teams! We attacked without any plan and then get screwed by our crappy DF line. Exactly the same senario is repeated.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          bahrain was never a joke i said this when i watched their first game! They had nice game plan and it worked both against us and iraq! Iraq was super lucky to get that draw.

But our deffense line is shoking ! after 8-9 years I am now really worried about our deffense! against cambodia they were weak against south korea they were weak against bahrain they were super weak! Yesterdays match reminded me of our team in 2002 against any west asian teams! We attacked without any plan and then get screwed by our crappy DF line. Exactly the same senario is repeated.
          I agree that our defensive line has become more vulnerable, but i am confident, that we will improve. I think that we create enough chances to won the game, we were a bit unlucky with the penalty. We need to defeat Bahrain and Iraq at home and tie Iraq away to qualifiy from the Group. (Kambodjia and Hong Kong should be easy 6 points anyway).

Comment

I agree that our defensive line has become more vulnerable, but i am confident, that we will improve. I think that we create enough chances to won the game, we were a bit unlucky with the penalty. We need to defeat Bahrain and Iraq at home and tie Iraq away to qualifiy from the Group. (Kambodjia and Hong Kong should be easy 6 points anyway).
            I hope our DF line improves otherwise i won't call yesterdays game unlucky at all.! They had 1 on 1 chance which a pro player would score that but we were lucky he didn't .

Im hoping he can get it together and stop that pointless attacking tactic when we don't have the tools and players for it.

Comment

I think we can agree know that Bahrain is no joke.
              I still dont think they're good man. They got so lucky against us...it was more us beating ourselves with terrible tactics. Our defense looks horrible under Wilmots. It's as if he's not coaching at all and just having them "attack". I'm very worried about our TM under this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                I still dont think they're good man. They got so lucky against us...it was more us beating ourselves with terrible tactics. Our defense looks horrible under Wilmots. It's as if he's not coaching at all and just having them "attack". I'm very worried about our TM under this guy.
                I know what you mean, still i think that we were the better Team yesterday and created enough chances to win this, even after Bahrains penalty. Dont forget that even under CQ we could only draw Bahrain in Maname with an last minute goal. We never defeated Bahrain on their soil, i think no other Asian Country has such a strong claim against TM. Anyways i am very confident, that we will win all our home games, the only difficult task will be Iraq in Basra.

Comment

I know what you mean, still i think that we were the better Team yesterday and created enough chances to win this, even after Bahrains penalty. Dont forget that even under CQ we could only draw Bahrain in Maname with an last minute goal. We never defeated Bahrain on their soil, i think no other Asian Country has such a strong claim against TM. Anyways i am very confident, that we will win all our home games, the only difficult task will be Iraq in Basra.
                  I know...I am not mad that we didn't win. I am mad that we lost. A draw would have been fine. The loss is a big problem considering a) Iraq drew there and b) our next game is against Iraq away- it adds a ton of pressure on us. Otherwise, I would've been very happy with a draw to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                  X