Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we were lacking younger & much more formidable reinforcements in his position in TM, I wouldn’t have minded extending his stay if he managed to return to a decent EU league, but we have plenty on hand & he has had well more than his fair share of TM minutes ..!
    Ffs we need to phase this man out Already ..! Regardless of his admiring hardworking & professional demeanor so far in TM, his game simply lacks the necessary international caliber Standards ..! You can’t teach an old dog new tricks either .....!
    As I said from the get-go in his TM career, He just isn’t that good of a attacker, especially so vs. quality opponents, how many fking times does he have to prove just that on the pitch with TM to realize this simple fact. ?

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      If CQ jumped off a bridge, would you jump with him?
      No. I would only jump with him if I saw a zombie crowd of Mayeli Kohans and Marc Wilmots chasing after me

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        LMAO this is how players reach untouchable “hazrat” status with Team Melli like Mathoud. You keep ‘em around well past their expiration date, feed ‘em moft undeserved caps, until they are 32, 33 and then it becomes the usual BS story of “he has experience”, “the young players respect him”, “it will ruin squad chemistry”. Kaveh Rezaei showed us he can actually score goals when he’s not playing for the strongest team in a Mafia league like IPL or Greece. He has only 12 caps while Ansarifard is performing ballet for us for over a decade. Rezaei finished as 4th highest scorer in Belgium. Ansarifard has scored less than Rezaeian. But the Ansarifard lobbyists won’t take a break!
        Luckily there was a man named Carlos Queiroz who is an expert in football, and he analyzed Kaveh Rezaei's football and that of Karim Ansarifard, and selected Karim over Kaveh as he understood that Ansarifard is the better player of the two. Ansarifard would continue to play and score in the world cup
        against Portugal where Rezaei was watching it (probably) in front of the telly.

I do believe that Rezaei should be given a chance, but to claim that Rezaei is better than Ansarifard is ridiculous and baseless, just ask Queiroz.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
          Luckily there was a man named Carlos Queiroz who is an expert in football, and he analyzed Kaveh Rezaei's football and that of Karim Ansarifard, and selected Karim over Kaveh as he understood that Ansarifard is the better player of the two. Ansarifard would continue to play and score in the world cup
          against Portugal where Rezaei was watching it (probably) in front of the telly.

I do believe that Rezaei should be given a chance, but to claim that Rezaei is better than Ansarifard is ridiculous and baseless, just ask Queiroz.
          I think taking Ansarifard over Rezaei was the right move but I don't think Quieroz based his squad selections only on who the best players were.

There was no reason to take Bakhtiar Rahmani in 2014 over Khalatbari but CQ believed that Khalatbari would be useless vs Nigeria/Bosnia's physicality.

In 2018 WC , . The only way we would counter Azmoun winning aerial battles not Rezaei. Ansarifard played on the left and we all thought Quieroz went mad but it was because he wanted an extra "finisher" in the box. Ansarifard missed by inches 2 minutes before Spains goal on a set piece and it would have been CQs most brilliant tactic yet if it worked.

Comment

Some are acting like Rezaei is a spring chicken. They're about the same age (Karim is 30, Kaveh is 28). The issue at hand is really which is in-form and when, and who our opponents are. Both should still be physically-eligible for the WC in two years.

If we want youth, neither should be invited!

Comment

I see a lot of potential in Kaveh. I support him to be given more chances under Skocic and believe he will get more opportunities. I was also disappointed that he didn't make the 2018 squad. Carlos I believe took Gholizadeh instead which some argued was a good decision because Gholizadeh was younger than Kaveh (even though they play different positions). It also brought up his value having at least been on Iran's squad at a World Cup. But either way, I was disappointed Carlos didn't take Rezaei and instead took Gholizadeh. Now both of them are in Belgium.

I'm for giving Rezaei a chance and if he can prove it over Karim in TM camps then by all means take Kaveh instead of Karim. But it's up to the coach.

Comment

KA might be joining Persepolis:

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...sepolis-report

I personally don’t think it will happen.
                Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 06-27-2020, 12:40 PM.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Hi!
                  Good points made! Thanks.
                  I think Karim was following strict orders from CQ that's why he wasn't taking too many risks. Hope to see him at the next WC.
                  Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    No. I would only jump with him if I saw a zombie crowd of Mayeli Kohans and Marc Wilmots chasing after me

Haha. Props for not getting pissed off at my wise ass comment. Joking aside, CQ was a pretty damn good coach and did a lot of good things, but there were some decisions he made that were questionable IMO. Consistently calling up Ansarifard and Shojaei are two of those decisions that I didn't agree with. I was actually pretty surprised that Ansarifard buried that PK during WC2018.

Comment

Haha. Props for not getting pissed off at my wise ass comment. Joking aside, CQ was a pretty damn good coach and did a lot of good things, but there were some decisions he made that were questionable IMO. Consistently calling up Ansarifard and Shojaei are two of those decisions that I didn't agree with. I was actually pretty surprised that Ansarifard buried that PK during WC2018.
                      We are all friends here aziz, there’s no reason for anyone to get pissed off. You didn’t use any profanity you just expressed your opinion in a wise ass way and that’s fine! We are all a big family here on PFDC. This is why this place is the best!

Comment

Karim put work in for TM, but he never lived up to expectations. If he makes a move to Europe, I believe he can make another run at TM and a WC roster spot, if we get that far.

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
                          Karim put work in for TM, but he never lived up to expectations. If he makes a move to Europe, I believe he can make another run at TM and a WC roster spot, if we get that far.
                          apparently he was one of the biggest talents we've ever had lol

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                            Didn't people call him the next Ali Daei?

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                              He never was, but he's way ahead of a whole lot of strikers we had, I don't know your age, but do you remember players such as Khalatbari and Enayati?
                              Did you experience the horror of being depended of these kind of forwards for our TM? I did and it made me almost depressed.

I spoke to Ansarifard after the friendly game in Nijmegen, he is such a humble/friendly guy & as an sportsman, he proved himself in Greece, tried himself in La Liga and Championship, scored for us against Portugal.

He deserves way more respect than he gets here!
                              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Didn't people call him the next Ali Daei?
                                I was and am a fan of Karim, but even I have to admit that comparing Karim to Daei by our sports media in 2010 really gave us false hope lol. Karim himself was lacking a lot of confidence at the time. He also started playing with Team Melli in the Afshin Ghotbi era.

But we do have to give credit where credit is due. Karim's work ethic and perseverance is what proved his critics wrong. He didn't quit after he failed at Osasuna. He was and is a talent from Iran. However he's nowhere near the likes of an Ali Daei.

Karim is a great supporting striker. He is good at creating opportunities for others to score than scoring himself. And I think that's how Carlos used him as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X