Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ultimately its gonna come down to what you can offer Overall Quality as a weapon on the Attacking front in the current TM..!! for the players in question ATM For me
    Kaveh>Karim>Mehrdad..!
    Karim @best is Only a decent option at CF vs Tokhmy opponents in not so vital match-ups...!! more useful as an experienced all around LWinger attacker ..! but we got at least a couple of more formidable/younger Winger attacking options down the Left than him, rederdering him no room moving forward building towards 22WC..!
    Ansarifard needs to be phased out already....! he is been offered already, way ..way more chances than deserved in TM and has failed repeatedly to provide an impactful presence in any contentious tie, he's not applying his trade in EU anymore either, so there is no legit reason to keep him too involved in TM moving forward, barring injuries/suspensions keeping Taremi/Kaveh/Gholi sidelined and us requiring more experience than youth in a game..!! fat chance of that..!!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      The stuff kaveh is doing now in belgium is stuff the ansarifard has never been able to do at any point in his career. The playmaking, outside shooting, high efficiency and difficult finishes too.
      This is a very false statement - Ansarifard did it in a MUCH bigger and better club where expectations and pressure is way higher. Sure the league is weaker but the performances he had in Olympiacos the year he narrowly finished as runner up he was a total beast scoring all kinds of goals and creating chances for his team mates as well. He’s a more versatile option than kaveh from an attacking stand point which is why CQ went with him. Personally, I’d have both kaveh and Ansarifard in the TM camp no need to cut down the roster in WCQs like you have to in tournament play.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
        Yes he has, he was amazing in Greece for Panionios and also good for Olympiakos. Point being that he is in our top three for the striker position. Mohamadi nor Motahari come even near his level of football. So it's not wise to cross him off. I agree that we have much better wingers (JB, Taremi, Ghoddos, Gholi, Ghaedi etc) and for the CAM position Ghoddos, Gholi and Dejagah are much better options. But for the striker position only Azmoun and arguably Rezaei are better than him (Rezaei still has to proof himself at TM/international level).
        how can mohammadi be nowhere near this level when he is performing excellently for the worst team in portugal vs much better opposition than karim ever played in Greece? Im sorry but the greek league is just a joke overall, although karim was in good form there.

Reality is, Karim had his time in TM, we saw the max he could do (it wasnt that much, hard runner, terrible finishing and often gets very stressed out and just does bizarre stuff), it is time we move on. If he should be in the squad for experience, continuity, etc that is another discussion, but on the pitch to compare what he could give to somebody like Kaveh is just not realistic or fair.

Basically, at BEST we are arguing that he should or should not be 3rd choice striker (hopefully we dont have to play our third choice striker much anyways ). In my opinion, if we have to argue about such an experienced player at best being third choice, its better we just give the squad spot to a younger guy who is playing well in respectable european league and can give TM different dimension (Mohammadi) or if we are talking on the wings a really young potential star like Ghaedi.

If a player like Ghaedi or Mohammadi even messes up, we can at least say they are younger, less experienced, and will GROW with that experience and hopefully be better assets to TM in the future. When a player like Ansarifard messes up and performs badly time after time after time, when he will be 34 by next WC, you can rest assured that this is player is no longer making any progress.

What you see with Karim is what you will get, and especially now after time in QSL, few years from good season in greece, what you are getting isnt much at all.

Karim at this point offers little to nothing for the future, and pretty much nothing for the present either.

Comment

are we talking about the Ansarifard who couldn’t find a job after his best season in Europe? the new coach didn’t want him and he literally couldn’t find a transfer until the owner (who owns both Nottingham and Olympiacos) finally sent him to England in like November.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
            I agree that Taremi is our second best striker after Azmoun, but he never plays as striker for TM, mostly as winger or on rare occasions as a second forward. I'm a huge fan of Taremi, always have been, and in my opinion he is the most allround and versatile forward we have. He is very underrated by Iranian football fans. Unfortunately for him (and everyone on this planet) corona hit us otherwise Taremi would've moved to either Porto, Benfica or Sporting.
            but what makes you think he wont move to one of the 3 teams even now with the Corona virus?

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              how can mohammadi be nowhere near this level when he is performing excellently for the worst team in portugal vs much better opposition than karim ever played in Greece? Im sorry but the greek league is just a joke overall, although karim was in good form there.
              Reality is, Karim had his time in TM, we saw the max he could do (it wasnt that much, hard runner, terrible finishing and often gets very stressed out and just does bizarre stuff), it is time we move on. If he should be in the squad for experience, continuity, etc that is another discussion, but on the pitch to compare what he could give to somebody like Kaveh is just not realistic or fair.
              Basically, at BEST we are arguing that he should or should not be 3rd choice striker (hopefully we dont have to play our third choice striker much anyways ). In my opinion, if we have to argue about such an experienced player at best being third choice, its better we just give the squad spot to a younger guy who is playing well in respectable european league and can give TM different dimension (Mohammadi) or if we are talking on the wings a really young potential star like Ghaedi.
              If a player like Ghaedi or Mohammadi even messes up, we can at least say they are younger, less experienced, and will GROW with that experience and hopefully be better assets to TM in the future. When a player like Ansarifard messes up and performs badly time after time after time, when he will be 34 by next WC, you can rest assured that this is player is no longer making any progress.
              What you see with Karim is what you will get, and especially now after time in QSL, few years from good season in greece, what you are getting isnt much at all.
              Karim at this point offers little to nothing for the future, and pretty much nothing for the present either.
              I completly agree, he didn't stun me with TM. You could say Kaveh neither but I hope he would have had more chance with TM than Karim. I remember when he came on against Bosnia WC14, he started a fight with Pjanic, showing he was frustrated by the gap of level between him and the opposite team

I think it was a good thing he played in a big club like Olympiacos but waste this spell with missing champions league games (because of his old coach or his transfers). With game against Barcelona, Juventus, etc.. maybe he would have improved

Comment

Ansarifard still has talent to use but we have some issues to sort out.

Taremi. He's such an awkward yet effective attacking tool for us. He has this mysterious chemistry with Azmoun as well.

Then we have Ghoddos/Rezaei who offer other options.

Comment

Say what you want about Ansarifard but to score a penalty, in that do or die moment against Portugal in front of the whole world, demands total focus and professionalism.

and what a penalty he scored too.

Comment

I thought he scored against Spain when he took that shot but it hit the side net. Would have been a nice goal as well. The guy has talent and deserved his spot on the team in the WC. We will see how he does moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by AMIRHOUSHANG View Post
                      I thought he scored against Spain when he took that shot but it hit the side net. Would have been a nice goal as well. The guy has talent and deserved his spot on the team in the WC. We will see how he does moving forward.
                      Wasn't that Taremi who hit the side of the net at the end of the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                        Say what you want about Ansarifard but to score a penalty, in that do or dire moment against Portugal in front of the whole world, demands total focus and professionalism.

and what a penalty he scored too.

The guy is a professional and experienced player, part of the best team of Greece at that time. Not a young amateur from iran

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          Wasn't that Taremi who hit the side of the net at the end of the game?
                          It was, but Karim had a shot earlier in the game that hit the side net.

Comment

Word. That game is a blur for me now. My heart and blood pressure can't handle re-watching it.

Comment

the two biggest Missed, legit scoring opportunities "From the Open-play" we had, nearly the whole tournament time, were Sardar's 1v1 miss in the opening game and Karim's badly rushed, wide-open missed shot from the counter vs was it Portugal or Spain ...? i think it was Portugal ?? that and the wide open header Taremi missed from inside the 6yard box...!!
                              imo, Taremi's last gasp miss vs Portugal was not nearly as good of a scoring opportunity to convert as many make it it out to be ..!! i think the late in the game timing of it and the huge prospects of it going in, is why people are still pissed about it..!

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                Word. That game is a blur for me now. My heart and blood pressure can't handle re-watching it.
                                i wouldnt mind watching it ..!!
                                got any full game links ?

Comment

Working...
                                X