Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technically, what are some of the shortcomings of an average Iranian player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kianstarwars View Post
    I propose dancing and gymnastics training for developing balance and I am not kidding. And this should start early on at nojavan level.
    and some mma training (all players not just iranian) so they stop being little bitches on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
      first touch and short passes
      How can that be fixed?
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

They are not in a professional environment
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

They eat too much chelo kabab

Comment

Too stationary without the ball. Gol-kochik and Futsal do not offer the kind of space available on a regular field. Must grow up playing on the big field to learn passing and getting open.

Comment

I listed a bunch of the shortcomings in another thread...But the biggest one:

Failing to recognize that Football is a team sport and the results depend on the collaboration of the whole team as one unit.

Case in point, look at a highlight real of Ali Karimi (before BM). It could be called the video of greatest passes never made!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5B1cBrGtE4
              Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Don't have the basic of football (pass, control, choice of play), weak decisions both on the pitch and in their career choice.

Hopefully mister taremi won't read this thread otherwise he is going to tweet something and retire from NT

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  Don't have the basic of football (pass, control, choice of play), weak decisions both on the pitch and in their career choice.

Hopefully mister taremi won't read this thread otherwise he is going to tweet something and retire from NT
                  Literally though, how you can get this far in football, and still now know the first rule of "play to the whistle" is astonishing
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Technically we are not that far behind the rest of the world.
                    It is more tactical thinking that we have some miles to cover.

I'd say technically:
                    1) as someone said, our FIRST TOUCH needs some work
                    2) We dont do first time shots often enough (take too much time & unnecessary touches to prepare the shot)
                    3) I'd also add the PACE of our passing can pick up a bit. Sometimes our passes are too slow, allowing opponents to get into positions.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      Technically we are not that far behind the rest of the world.
                      It is more tactical thinking that we have some miles to cover.
                      I'd say technically:
                      1) as someone said, our FIRST TOUCH needs some work
                      2) We dont do first time shots often enough (take too much time & unnecessary touches to prepare the shot)
                      3) I'd also add the PACE of our passing can pick up a bit. Sometimes our passes are too slow, allowing opponents to get into positions.
                      These are all lacking because the players don't have the technical abilities to control a ball with their first touch, set it up in a manner that gives them just enough space to take a well placed shot.. because of this all passes have to be slow, otherwise nobody can control them.

I'm always baffled how anyone can claim that we are technically gifted. Even if you think technique means dribbling and tricks, there are only two players in recent history who where actually gifted. I think we are very cunning tho, something that has helped us stay at top in Asia. If we could actually get technically gifted, we'd be world class.

Comment

A couple of points here;

1. Lack of football education. Football has moved on from being a game to being a science. Unfortunately, iran football has not caught up with where things have gone. There is no system in Iran that provides that level of education to our footballers. Players learn on their own in Iran and no matter how talented they are they are never complete. For example, nobody in our current TM understands the science of taking a shot which is very similar to science of hitting the ball in golf. You can't produce doctors and engineers without sending them to university and educating the. Football is the same!

2. Personal development. Akhound regime brought to our country a culture of low confidence and fear among our youth. This has prevented our youth to grow up with high self esteem and strong characters like the way kids are brought up in US for example.. Killing characters is what the akhound regime does best and that has impacted our sports at all level.

Comment

Professionalism, and it's not really the players' fault, it's an infrastructure issue.
                          Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                          محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                          - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                            A couple of points here;

1. Lack of football education. Football has moved on from being a game to being a science. Unfortunately, iran football has not caught up with where things have gone. There is no system in Iran that provides that level of education to our footballers. Players learn on their own in Iran and no matter how talented they are they are never complete. For example, nobody in our current TM understands the science of taking a shot which is very similar to science of hitting the ball in golf. You can't produce doctors and engineers without sending them to university and educating the. Football is the same!

2. Personal development. Akhound regime brought to our country a culture of low confidence and fear among our youth. This has prevented our youth to grow up with high self esteem and strong characters like the way kids are brought up in US for example.. Killing characters is what the akhound regime does best and that has impacted our sports at all level.
                            I don't think there can be a worse upbringing than that of the average American child (in particular the West Coast and arguably to a far lesser extent on the East Coast) in the first/second world (for a lack of a better term)

Comment

CANT MOVE
                              WITH OUT BALL
                              is our number 1 problem

Comment

International exposure
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X