Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technically, what are some of the shortcomings of an average Iranian player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They don't know how to shield a ball like even a street Yugoslav player who all know how to do that.

Comment

Many people have made excellent points on this topic, here are my two cents:

1- Lifestyle: this is caused by lack of professional development at youth and club levels. Basic personal habits and sacrifices like eating healthy and well, sleeping on time and on a regular basis for a required duration, avoiding stupid situations that cause accidents and taking basic safety measures like safe driving habits and bucking up and finally avoiding drugs are lacking.

2- Psyche: most of them do not go through the professional development in this space that requires personal responsibility and accountability in relating to themselves, others and their place in the world. Traditional education is mostly lacking in this area while amazing work and training is available that has been augmented by mostly recent breakthroughs in neuroscience. Areas like effective listening, communication, being cause in the matter, etc. are examples of what I am talking about.

Comment

Our players need a therapist more then anything else.
        Our players lack self management, self control, as Japan match was a perfect example how we fall apart due to our lack of focus and always complaining about everything and they think they are always right and that has cost us more then technic.
        Majid namjoo motlag, behtash fariba, reza shadi, shahrookh bayani, hamid derakhshan, these are 1980s stars of iran soccer with skills that will never be repeated again.
        Mojtaba kermani magham is in their level too.
        That 1980s team melli would of gone to second round of 82,86,90, world cup if there was no war.

Comment

Finishing and professionalism.

Comment

All the negativity aside, I am really excited to see how we are going to do in the upcoming qualifiers.

I have NEVER seen this many legionnaires on team Melli before. All of our forwards and a considerable amount of defense are playing abroad. Hopefully Beiro gets to go to Torino.

Based off of the two games post AFC cup, it seems like we are lacking in the midfield.

That being said, all the players that are abroad will bring much more to the table. Hopefully that will reflect on the other players and, along with playing "attacking football", we will see something that we have never seen before.
            #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
              Skills. When was the last time we saw a feint or a cool flick from our players?
              (Other than masoud, but he was also extremely slow, static football, as I would say)
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                Study a fellow called Namjoo-Motlagh. He played for Esteghlal 30 years ago. Great ball skills, physical fitness/height, and vision of the field for play-making. Always a safe player to pass the ball to and expect to maintain possession. Reliable with set pieces. Charismatic and friendly. Closest thing to a Cristiano Ronaldo Iran had for a short period of time. I think he also wore number 7 for the blues. He did not age well, perhaps due to stressed life-style, gene factors, or high-calorie food.
                Namjoo Motlagh was an excellent midfielder. He carried the ball as if it was glued to his feet. I can't believe it's been 30 years already.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Namjo motlagh he was ahead of his time

Esteghlal midfield of
                  Fariba,ahadi,motlagh,shahrookh bayani
                  All these 4 players would of played in top 5 European leagues right now
                  If there was no war iran would of advanced from its group
                  82,86,90 wcs with all talent iran had in the 80s
                  Triangle of changiz, ali doosti ,mamadkhani
                  Ali karimi would at best be bench player in the 80s in persepolis , esteghlal teams

Comment

We suffer a lack of fundamental skills: crisp passing, stopping/trapping a ball, and shooting the ball with the right form.

We're good at dribbling, but it's mostly the decision when to dribble that we struggle with. Also, lack of good first touch.

Comment

Yeah it's great to work on these weaknesses individually, but when we have a shitty infrastructure, how can our youth excel if they're playing beach soccer and being coached by their fathers? We just need the financial backing, which is impossible, unless the "great" ayatollah devotes a tiny bit of his fraction towards soccer. In conclusion, IRI= bad in every single way.

Comment

Our players have no respect for the ball, and they turn the ball over without caring..

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                          Dude scored only 4 times in 11 years.. I think we should probably be looking elsewhere for technical motivation.
                          He was a playmaker, albeit not operating in the center. Ghayeghran used to occupy that area. Both were pivotal in winning the Asian Games 1990 which at the time featured full senior squads. Namjoo-Motlagh was also a big part of the Esteghlal team that won the Asian championship. Friendly games were scarce then just like now, but the one versus the African crowns Algeria is very memorable. I left Iran in early 1990s and stopped following the players until 1998. By then the majority of the squad were new and several had made inroads into German clubs.
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Just wonder why no one who read and/or contributed to this thread didn't share any solution to the problems. I don't think inadequate infrastructure is the only problem in our football even though it is an important one. Having watched players and teams from some of our neighboring countries has made me wonder about players. Gheirat is the only notable positive element I can recognize in our football and this may not be enough in the future.

Comment

too much chelo kabab

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                                too much chelo kabab
                                I propose dancing and gymnastics training for developing balance and I am not kidding. And this should start early on at nojavan level.
                                Last edited by kianstarwars; 08-02-2019, 08:01 PM. Reason: incomplete

Comment

Working...
                                X