Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can remember when Rio was giving the penalties to other players even when Mehdi would draw the penalty shot. They are now trying to add goals to up his value. They should ha e done this earlier. He would be top scorer in the league by now.

Comment

He's up for MOTM. Not sure it should even be a contest at this point. His penalty equalized the game almost instantly after Vitoria scored, and kept Rio's momentum going. Please vote if you have a Facebook account.

Comment

Va Mehdi dobare neshoon che ghadr dar omgh khoob kaar mikone. Harkatesh bedoone toop neshondahandeye yek bazikone ba-hooshi ast.

Damesh garm
        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Good on him, vaaghean damesh garm.

Funnily he shoots all his PKs to the middle and all keepers obviously miss as they either dive to the right or left... [emoji1][emoji1][emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            Good on him, vaaghean damesh garm.

Funnily he shoots all his PKs to the middle and all keepers obviously miss as they either dive to the right or left... [emoji1][emoji1][emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            yep and tbh, didnt make a clean contact with the ball again, although keeper was sent the wrong way once more..!!
            he needs to change his PK tactic a bit or i have a feeling opponents do a simple film study and the next one is gonna be a relatively easy save ..!!?

btw
            highlights

https://www.vsports.pt/vsports/competicao/i-liga/20/

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Probably just fatigue. Saving him for next game.
              I love how when we fans ask, "why was he subbed out?", with Rio/Mehdi we know that the answer is gonna be "saving him for the next game". Because his attributes are actually respected.

Whereas with BHFC/Jahanbakhsh the answer to "why was he subbed out?" would be somewhere along the lines of, "because the gaffer is a bloody ****"

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                yep and tbh, didnt make a clean contact with the ball again, although keeper was sent the wrong way once more..!!
                he needs to change his PK tactic a bit or i have a feeling opponents do a simple film study and the next one is gonna be a relatively easy save ..!!?
                btw
                highlights
                Although I acknowledge that Mehdi's PK tactic is unusual, I believe it's part of his strategy. He just waits for the goalie to commit, and once he does, he just hits it slightly on the other side. It's pretty smart and safe actually, but not very sexy (like Mehdi's game overall, haha).

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  btw
                  highlights
                  disagree. HE literally sends the GK wrong way every time so he must be doing something correct! Opponents are already running film on potential pk takers, it is standard pre match reading/viewing for the GKs.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    disagree. HE literally sends the GK wrong way every time so he must be doing something correct! Opponents are already running film on potential pk takers, it is standard pre match reading/viewing for the GKs.
                    I'm still convinced it has to do with his lanky spaghetti legs. They're like noodles in water, you just don't know which way they'll go. It's the same reason he is an expert on drawing penalties in the box (not just sinking PKs by fooling the keeper). He earned 3 PKs in one game for God's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      I'm still convinced it has to do with his lanky spaghetti legs. They're like noodles in water, you just don't know which way they'll go. It's the same reason he is an expert on drawing penalties in the box (not just sinking PKs by fooling the keeper). He earned 3 PKs in one game for God's sake!
                      i think it has to do with his lack of balance paired with his aggressiveness

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                        i think it has to do with his lack of balance paired with his aggressiveness
                        Precisely, you never know which way his legs are going to go.

Comment

I cant wait to see him in a good team with strong attacking. He might have a huge year in 2020/2021

Comment

Comment

In the bow of the caravel shines the Asian pearl

https://rioavefc.pt/destaque/na-proa...rola-asiatica/
                              (translated by Google)

One of the great figures of the Liga NOS 2019/2020 has undoubtedly been Mehdi Taremi.

The Iranian won the hearts and admiration of the villagers, and he already has a reserved place in the history of Rio Ave FC.

He arrived at an early stage of the pre-season, but soon began to show, showing qualities that justified the bet on this international A by Iran, who was trained by Carlos Queiroz in the selection of that country.

He made his debut with the green and white jersey on August 3 (in the 6-1 victory over UD Oliveirense), but his best visiting card arrived on the 3rd round of the championship, against CD Aves. Hat-trick with artistic note in the thrashing (5-1) to the avenses, but where the striker ended up getting injured.

Mehdi still played in the victory over Sporting, in Alvalade, but had to stop almost a month to recover conveniently. Nothing that would take away the Iranian's ambition to develop his football, help the team and shine in Europe, as has always been his goal, so he quickly returned to the pitch and added goals to his personal account.

At the level of the best in history

There are already 14 goals accumulated in the season, 11 in the main Portuguese championship, and 1 assist for goal.

We noticed the impact of the striker's numbers this season and in the Club's record book, in its 26 participations in the Portuguese main championship.

Mehdi is currently the 3rd best scorer in the Liga NOS, with 11 goals, only behind Carlos Vinícius (17) and Pizzi (15), although they also have more games in the competition.

Only three times did Rio Ave FC have its players finish in the top 3 of the league's top scorers. N'Habola debuted the feat in 82/83, with 20 goals, in 3rd place. Evandro managed a similar feat on 4/3 (15), but João Tomás raised the bar with a 2nd place in 2010/2011 (16 goals).

On the other hand, Mehdi Taremi already has the 5th best goal record for a player from Rio de Janeiro in Liga NOS. N'Habola, as already mentioned, reached 20 goals, João Tomás at 16, Evandro at 15, Hassan and Hugo Henrique at 12. The Iranian now has as many goals as Chico Faria, in 86/87, a mythical Portuguese striker and father of Fábio Faria, assistant coach of our Under-23s.

With 6 days left to play in this championship, how far can Mehdi, who this season was elected, in his country, the 'Leggionaire Player of the Year', distinguished by the Iranian Football Federation, voted by the public, jury and media , for the best Iranian player playing abroad. It was already the third time that Mehdi received this award, having, in fact, been the first and only one to receive it twice, consecutively, in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017.

The future will be bright for the humble, affable and good-natured Mehdi Taremi, and in the caravel there is already a reserved place in the bow castle.

Comment

The Portuguese media has been gushing over Mehdi all season. I've never seen so many foreign articles praising an Iranian player before.

Along with Mehrdad Mohammadi, Liga NOS has not only gave our players a fair chance, they have welcomed them with open arms. Is this merely the CQ effect? Or are the Portuguese really that genuine? Perhaps a bit of both.

Comment

Working...
                                X