Mehdi Taremi @ Rio Ave F.C. | 2019-2020 - Page 92

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mehdi Taremi @ Rio Ave F.C. | 2019-2020

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,317 Times in 1,688 Posts

Mehdi Taremi @ Rio Ave F.C. | 2019-2020

Meet your Persian Love Today
    ^ Had he played against the likes of Portugal 3-4 times before, he would have scored every one of them. It is not that easy to come out if no-name-Abad Iran and jump into playing against the likes of CR7 with no intimidation.
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

2. The Following User Says Thank You to khodam For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,097 Times in 2,022 Posts
    Yeahhhhh I think Top tier portuguese team is probably his ceiling... A team like Porto or even Sporting would be great.

I don't see him having too much success in the Premier League but then again it depends how much support he gets from teammates, such as Jack Grealish.

I also don't think he's technical enough to play that well in La Liga either. Maybe Serie A he'd have more success? Even Bundesliga I could see him succeeding a bit..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,987 Times in 4,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Yeahhhhh I think Top tier portuguese team is probably his ceiling... A team like Porto or even Sporting would be great.
    I don't see him having too much success in the Premier League but then again it depends how much support he gets from teammates, such as Jack Grealish.
    I also don't think he's technical enough to play that well in La Liga either. Maybe Serie A he'd have more success? Even Bundesliga I could see him succeeding a bit..
    I think thats criminally underrating him. His ability to make quality runs, put defenders under huge discomfort, provide a physical presence, and score goals is a very unique combination. He provided a huge pain in the ass for Portugal, Spain, Russia (who he was phenomenal against), Algeria, etc. He has a good turn of speed too.

Aston villa are not some holy grail, they have a bunch of players who have played many minutes this year that Mahdi is definitely superior too, El Ghazi and Trezeguet just to name two.

Having said that, I think he really should just wait until end of season because the likes of Porto, midtable La Liga teams, etc would be better fits for him than aston villa, but not because of a lack of quality on his part.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,141 Times in 4,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    I think thats criminally underrating him. His ability to make quality runs, put defenders under huge discomfort, provide a physical presence, and score goals is a very unique combination. He provided a huge pain in the ass for Portugal, Spain, Russia (who he was phenomenal against), Algeria, etc. He has a good turn of speed too.

Aston villa are not some holy grail, they have a bunch of players who have played many minutes this year that Mahdi is definitely superior too, El Ghazi and Trezeguet just to name two.

Having said that, I think he really should just wait until end of season because the likes of Porto, midtable La Liga teams, etc would be better fits for him than aston villa, but not because of a lack of quality on his part.
    That trezuget guy really sucks that’s the only argument I can see for Mehdi being an upgrade but I disagree on the physical aspect I think Taremi goes down easily as it is and in the prem he would get eaten up physically. If he gets the chance to play for villa I look forward to him making me eat my words but he really is not a physical presence at all IMO at least in terms of strength and staying on his 2 feet throughout the 90 mins.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,987 Times in 4,854 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    That trezuget guy really sucks that’s the only argument I can see for Mehdi being an upgrade but I disagree on the physical aspect I think Taremi goes down easily as it is and in the prem he would get eaten up physically. If he gets the chance to play for villa I look forward to him making me eat my words but he really is not a physical presence at all IMO at least in terms of strength and staying on his 2 feet throughout the 90 mins.
    Most of taremi's pks this season were legitimate. Maybe one or two he went down softly.

But even so, that doesnt show his strength or ability to take physical contact. Even with VAR, he has seen that portuguese league refs are willing to give certain fouls, so he is smart and capitalizing on it. If the refs in england dont call those fouls, he will stop going down. Simple as. A guy like Vardy Or kane go down under similar minimal contact in the box all the time.

I have rarely ever seen mehdi dropping for fouls OUTSIDE the box in general open play. Its something he does in the box to gain an advantage, but not an indication of his physical ability.

If you rewatch our match vs Russia, I think you can find the one play that most sums up Taremi.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Minute 3:09. He has the speed, and running strength to cover the entire length of the pitch, with Russias top CB (who was injured for WC) Dzikya on his back fouling him. He could easily have gone down but has the strength and determination to stay on his feet and the high football IQ to steady himself after such a long run and perfectly meg defender for sardar to tap in.

I havent seen many players that can produce such a play.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Creator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,003 Times in 4,505 Posts
    ------
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 793 Posts
    Please don't send another of our players to this thing called Premier Bench
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pajamNL For This Useful Post:

PFDC Creator
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,003 Times in 4,505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pajamNL View Post
    Please don't send another of our players to this thing called Premier Bench
    I agree with you 100%
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to webmaster For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,216 Times in 903 Posts
    Agar Cenk Tosun mitone bere PL Mehdi ham mitone.

Amma Aston Villa hamin alan yek mohajem kharide va Mehdi emkanesh ziyaade nimkatneshin beshe, amma in ham midonim ke

Taremi pool raa doost dare va dar PL kheili mozdhaa balaa hastand va dar zemn Rio Ave ham mitone poole khoobi az in transfer
    begire.
    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ardalan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Oz View Post
    Osasuna...some random relegation Spanish team is you idea of an upgrade to villa?
    Nah, im saying EPL above his abilities. He should settle for La liga

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 123 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 558

You do not have permission to view the list of names.