Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would coach change the penalty taker when he takes them perfectly and scores???? Sometimes i don't understand the logic of some ham vatans.

Hopefully mehdi can score more than 14 goals this season and become top scorer in Rio Ave .

Comment

In last 6 seasons, Sporting only has only lost 4 home games. This game was a huge upset.

Comment

Actually, check out 1:15 of this clip: https://streamable.com/1iqkg

Mehdi clearly got clipped. He definitely made a meal of it, but cant knock him for being clever. I've seen many PKs given for much less than this. Maybe the 2nd one wasn't as bad as we originally thought..

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          Actually, check out 1:15 of this clip: https://streamable.com/1iqkg

Mehdi clearly got clipped. He definitely made a meal of it, but cant knock him for being clever. I've seen many PKs given for much less than this. Maybe the 2nd one wasn't as bad as we originally thought..
          wow its a clear pk. None of them were dives then.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            I love the guy but you're all reaching here. None of these were warranted for a penalty kick. The dude is a true artist lmao

Comment

Originally posted by IranPuma View Post
              I love the guy but you're all reaching here. None of these were warranted for a penalty kick. The dude is a true artist lmao
              really? Third one he was taken out and had his path totally impeded, coates didnt touch the ball either. Second one was soft but I have seen PK given for less, same as first one.

I mean if you dont think the third warranted a pk then Im not sure what you would call as a pk lol.

Comment

Taremi is a very, very, very smart footballer. He knows how to draw contact. Navad did an episode about this, disrespectful to call this diving as Taremi works and anticipates contact.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                  In last 6 seasons, Sporting only has only lost 4 home games. This game was a huge upset.
                  wow. is this true? pretty unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    all of them were VAR reviews, thats the only thing that matters

Comment

Mehdi Taremi @ Rio Ave F.C. | 2019-2020

Our boy has been on fire. So proud of him in so many levels. His hard work, team work, selflessness with his new club, high stamina, his English, perseverance, etc.

In his last 3 games, he has won 5 PKs, and scored a hattrick. He is one of our least temperamental players who almost never engages in verbal or physical fights on the pitch. You barely see him argue with the refs, or conducting explosive post-match interviews whining about random things.

I speculate that he may even surpass Azmoun’s stardom in European football.

BTW VAR technology and its experts called the second Penalty legitimate, while our beloved PFDC experts doubt it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

All three were clear penalties. Thanks to the clip posted by KasraKhan you can clearly see how he was clipped before the parts shown on TV. Let's take the time to actually watch what happened and applaud the fairness of Portugal officials who at the home of the big club Porto did their due diligence without bias. Let's learn from them and apply our own due diligence before posting.

One penalty in every 35 minutes of play for a total of five in 178 minutes. Wow! What a way to start his career in Europe! Who would have thought?

Go Mehdi!

Comment

No ref would dare call 3 pks in one match let alone fouls committed on the same player unless they are clear fouls. Mehdi is the drunken master! Cant predict how he will do it but rest a sure he will find a way.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I'm telling you guys, in another universe where Iran wasn't the world's pariah state/we had actual good agents/no sanctions/no politics etc...

Taremi's pure, uncanny awkwardness (to play against) and ability to find space could have got him into a team like Liverpool as one of the front triad.

The guy is a terror. We are fortunate to have such a good front partnership. If we had creative midfielders like we did in previous decades then our team could have really done stuff over the last few years. Unfortunately we only had a young defensive midfielder, a good but ageing box-to-box midfielder and a whole bunch of wingers and wing-forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              I'm telling you guys, in another universe where Iran wasn't the world's pariah state/we had actual good agents/no sanctions/no politics etc...

Taremi's pure, uncanny awkwardness (to play against) and ability to find space could have got him into a team like Liverpool as one of the front triad.

The guy is a terror. We are fortunate to have such a good front partnership. If we had creative midfielders like we did in previous decades then our team could have really done stuff over the last few years. Unfortunately we only had a young defensive midfielder, a good but ageing box-to-box midfielder and a whole bunch of wingers and wing-forwards.
                              We havent had a truly creative player since Karimi. Shojaei had flashes but nothing amazing.

We miss a CAM badly

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                We havent had a truly creative player since Karimi. Shojaei had flashes but nothing amazing.

We miss a CAM badly
                                One word Ghoddos, he's a fantastic player.

Comment

Working...
                                X