This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    tbh he scored lots of goals lately from P.K, he has 5 from the spot, that is %40 of his goals, i know he almost won it all himself but still..
    And he could have had even more, but at the beginning of the season they wouldn’t let him take penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
      If Taremi was American, he would be valued at 50M right now. Nationality plays important role in market price.
      This was several years ago but Tottenham bought Clint Dempsey for less than 10m after a 20+ goal season. He was valued at maybe 15m? There were a few other transfers around 10m, like Altidore to Sunderland. Pulisic at around 60m is a major outlier by far. I really don’t think American is one of those preferred nationalities.

Comment

I get where Ekbatan is coming from , he used the wrong nationality as an example but I think he was just saying one for the sake of it. Certain players with certain nationalities have their values very over inflated , for example one of the reasons why clubs in the Premier League buy cheaper players from abroad (I’m thinking African players for example) is because young English players have massive over hyped values.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          tbh he scored lots of goals lately from P.K, he has 5 from the spot, that is %40 of his goals, i know he almost won it all himself but still..
          he won every PK except today's by himself. Considering his team I dont think it reflects badly on him at all tbh. He scored beauties vs benfica, porto from open play.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            jesus, thats a disrespect. The players you mentioned are not 1/10th of taremi. They are literally oafs.

Taremi in languid, physically strong, but surprisingly fast, very clean technically, and a genius when it comes to off the ball runs. He presses non stop, altidore is a lamp post if there ever was one.

It is very hard to find a comparision for him. Something like muller is the best I can do- with relation to his runs in the box, with a body of Ilicic, but somebody who operates best running into space behind the defence (something the guys you mentioned havent done in their lives).
            http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...t=#post2402701

Don't be a hyporcrite, read post#249. My post was comparing physical attributes of those players mentioned, not calling him overrated or comparing him to Shahbazzadeh. Not once did I say those players were better than Taremi, technically better, or anything else besides physcial attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust
              Hoorad Holmes on the job, save yourself from the embarassment.you were not even a member 4 years ago. im not sure how long that took you to dig up but at the time taremi he was nowhere near the player you see today, but had potential for sure. Its very impressive how he has developed and realized his potential, and moved on from turkey fiasco which had pissed this entire forum off.
              LOL, Agha I agree with you those players are inferior than Taremi. ;D

But I don't understand how you concluded that all from a broad just a post saying they are "Ghodrati" player. I've seen all those players in real life, hence I made that comparison. Hopefully Taremi makes a delicous move to a top 3 side in Portugal/better league.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                LOL, Agha I agree with you those players are inferior than Taremi. ;D

But I don't understand how you concluded that all from a broad just a post saying they are "Ghodrati" player. I've seen all those players in real life, hence I made that comparison. Hopefully Taremi makes a delicous move to a top 3 side in Portugal/better league.
                sorry they are just really shitty players lol. Ghodrati is one thing, being a piece of wood is another.

Comment

Painful to know he is turnin 28 very soon. I wonder where he would be right now had he moved to europe 3-4 years earlier. He is fast, tall, strong, technical, tactically aware, can run like theres no tomorrow and draw penalties like probably only AK8 could do in our footballs history.

He scores with his left, right and with his head. 16 goals and 7 or 8 assists and drawn penalties in his first season in europe, that hasnt even ended yet.

Taremi's stats in June of 2020: 5 matches, 5 goals & 2 assists. A big move is comin without a doubt. Hope its either Porto/Benfica or a midtable/europa league team in Spain or Italy. AC Milan could really need a player like him.

Comment

Had Taremi moved to Europe when he was 18-20 years of age then he would've played for a top club such as Atletico Madrid or Olympique Lyon, he is along with Ali Daei and Azmoun the most talented forward in Iranian history. It's not his fault though, there never was any interest for the guy until Rio Ave came along.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                      This was several years ago but Tottenham bought Clint Dempsey for less than 10m after a 20+ goal season. He was valued at maybe 15m? There were a few other transfers around 10m, like Altidore to Sunderland. Pulisic at around 60m is a major outlier by far. I really don’t think American is one of those preferred nationalities.

Its about the markets.....US, Mexico, Korea, Japan, China are not powerhouses but teams make a lot of money there. Summer friendly games in US ticket prices are more than premium seats in the most important games in Europe.

Then there is other powerhouses like Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France that can have overhyped players because everyone is searching for the next super star from those places.

Being from Iran isnt very appealing to teams and sponsors....they cant sell beer, gambling to them and the main brands like nike, adidas others dont really have reps in Iran to make money the legit way. Knock offs kill the business there and overall sanctions and other political reasons

For an Iranian to be rated highly, they have to be exceptionally better

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                        Had Taremi moved to Europe when he was 18-20 years of age then he would've played for a top club such as Atletico Madrid or Olympique Lyon, he is along with Ali Daei and Azmoun the most talented forward in Iranian history. It's not his fault though, there never was any interest for the guy until Rio Ave came along.
                        He would have speed up his career if he knocked in one of those close chances in Spain and Portugal games

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          I get where Ekbatan is coming from , he used the wrong nationality as an example but I think he was just saying one for the sake of it. Certain players with certain nationalities have their values very over inflated , for example one of the reasons why clubs in the Premier League buy cheaper players from abroad (I’m thinking African players for example) is because young English players have massive over hyped values.
                          African players get waaaaaay overrated all the time because of their physique and the stereotype of siahs being fast.
                          Prme example everyone thought Balotelli was gonna rule the world and he ended up being nothing.

Comment

Example of Pulisic, they paid 60M for him, they can sell 600,000 jerseys at 100 and thats 60M right there

Thats the difference

Comment

Example of Pulisic, they paid 60M for him, they can sell 600,000 jerseys at 100 and thats 60M right there
                              Thats the difference
                              There is no shot they are selling anything close to that amount of pulisic jerseys but I get your point
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Thats the difference
                                Chelsea didn’t spend 50, 60m on a 21 year old just to break even on shirt sales. The idea is to profit from shirt sales. Clubs do that with cheap players that sit on the bench, like Minamino at Liverpool for 7m. There is a huge difference between Pulisic and Taremi as both players and investments.
                                I don’t disagree about nationalities/markets playing a big role in transfers. Its just that history hasn’t shown that American is one of these in-demand nationalities in football.

Comment

Working...
                                X