• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siz View Post
    https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/sta...041926657?s=20

They just signed a forward from Genk, so probably not
    https://www.skysports.com/football/n...nd-new-striker

"Aston Villa are keen on Rio Ave's Mehdi Taremi as they look to sign a second striker in the January window after completing a deal for Mbwana Samatta."

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      https://www.skysports.com/football/n...nd-new-striker

"Aston Villa are keen on Rio Ave's Mehdi Taremi as they look to sign a second striker in the January window after completing a deal for Mbwana Samatta."
      Hehe, didn't see that

Comment

Please, no english clubs for iranian players. Havent we burned our fingers enough to realise that england is not a good move for our players.

Comment

Sorry I can’t link it but I also heard on Sky Sports News in the UK tonight in their transfer hour linking Villa with Taremi. Villa are looking to buy two strikers , they have sent Kodjia to Qatar and Wesley is out for a while so been playing with no strikers. They are also after a Tanzanian striker from Genk and that deal is close to going through.

Comment

Taremi is not quick enough for the EPL, and also his "drawing fouls" skills would be useless as the The EPL refs tend to let games get more physical.

For the sake of his Career he should look to move to a Braga/Osasuna level team.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              Taremi is not quick enough for the EPL, and also his "drawing fouls" skills would be useless as the The EPL refs tend to let games get more physical.
              For the sake of his Career he should look to move to a Braga/Osasuna level team.
              Osasuna...some random relegation Spanish team is you idea of an upgrade to villa?

Comment

I’d prefer the Porto move materializing instead, yet this may well be his best & only chance to sign for a club in arguably the most competitive league in the world, so if they’re keen, he should jump on it ..!
                It’ll probably take a month or so to clear his work permit being an eye-ranian & all that..!?remember Ansarifard..!
                Hence not so sure AV will come after him all hot n heavy ..!? But then again they looked dreadfully weak on all frontline positions vs BHA the other day especially @ CF & Mehdi can play any of those front 3 positions quiet well, even a drop back 2ndary striker role.
                he could certainly use the publicity of AV interest to expedite his Porto move in nothing else ..!so I’m very pleased by the news

Comment

As someone born and bred in Birmingham and it’s surrounding areas, let me tell you, if you thought Brighton fans were bad then Villa fans are something else 😃

Comment

It would be nice if Taremi joined and helped them stay out of relegation.

Comment

I hate to be the downer here but I think the game against Portugal was evidence Mehdi is not a top class player that can succeed in a league like EPL. He had the ball in/near the box on 3-4 occasions and wasn’t able to make anything of his chances all due to slow/poor decision making or not being quick enough.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Mehdi Taremi @ Rio Ave F.C. | 2019-2020

^ Had he played against the likes of Portugal 3-4 times before, he would have scored every one of them. It is not that easy to come out if no-name-Abad Iran and jump into playing against the likes of CR7 with no intimidation.
                        .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Yeahhhhh I think Top tier portuguese team is probably his ceiling... A team like Porto or even Sporting would be great.

I don't see him having too much success in the Premier League but then again it depends how much support he gets from teammates, such as Jack Grealish.

I also don't think he's technical enough to play that well in La Liga either. Maybe Serie A he'd have more success? Even Bundesliga I could see him succeeding a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            Yeahhhhh I think Top tier portuguese team is probably his ceiling... A team like Porto or even Sporting would be great.
                            I don't see him having too much success in the Premier League but then again it depends how much support he gets from teammates, such as Jack Grealish.
                            I also don't think he's technical enough to play that well in La Liga either. Maybe Serie A he'd have more success? Even Bundesliga I could see him succeeding a bit..
                            I think thats criminally underrating him. His ability to make quality runs, put defenders under huge discomfort, provide a physical presence, and score goals is a very unique combination. He provided a huge pain in the ass for Portugal, Spain, Russia (who he was phenomenal against), Algeria, etc. He has a good turn of speed too.

Aston villa are not some holy grail, they have a bunch of players who have played many minutes this year that Mahdi is definitely superior too, El Ghazi and Trezeguet just to name two.

Having said that, I think he really should just wait until end of season because the likes of Porto, midtable La Liga teams, etc would be better fits for him than aston villa, but not because of a lack of quality on his part.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              I think thats criminally underrating him. His ability to make quality runs, put defenders under huge discomfort, provide a physical presence, and score goals is a very unique combination. He provided a huge pain in the ass for Portugal, Spain, Russia (who he was phenomenal against), Algeria, etc. He has a good turn of speed too.

Aston villa are not some holy grail, they have a bunch of players who have played many minutes this year that Mahdi is definitely superior too, El Ghazi and Trezeguet just to name two.

Having said that, I think he really should just wait until end of season because the likes of Porto, midtable La Liga teams, etc would be better fits for him than aston villa, but not because of a lack of quality on his part.
                              That trezuget guy really sucks that’s the only argument I can see for Mehdi being an upgrade but I disagree on the physical aspect I think Taremi goes down easily as it is and in the prem he would get eaten up physically. If he gets the chance to play for villa I look forward to him making me eat my words but he really is not a physical presence at all IMO at least in terms of strength and staying on his 2 feet throughout the 90 mins.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                That trezuget guy really sucks that’s the only argument I can see for Mehdi being an upgrade but I disagree on the physical aspect I think Taremi goes down easily as it is and in the prem he would get eaten up physically. If he gets the chance to play for villa I look forward to him making me eat my words but he really is not a physical presence at all IMO at least in terms of strength and staying on his 2 feet throughout the 90 mins.
                                Most of taremi's pks this season were legitimate. Maybe one or two he went down softly.

But even so, that doesnt show his strength or ability to take physical contact. Even with VAR, he has seen that portuguese league refs are willing to give certain fouls, so he is smart and capitalizing on it. If the refs in england dont call those fouls, he will stop going down. Simple as. A guy like Vardy Or kane go down under similar minimal contact in the box all the time.

I have rarely ever seen mehdi dropping for fouls OUTSIDE the box in general open play. Its something he does in the box to gain an advantage, but not an indication of his physical ability.

If you rewatch our match vs Russia, I think you can find the one play that most sums up Taremi.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhU9ZN9vKI

Minute 3:09. He has the speed, and running strength to cover the entire length of the pitch, with Russias top CB (who was injured for WC) Dzikya on his back fouling him. He could easily have gone down but has the strength and determination to stay on his feet and the high football IQ to steady himself after such a long run and perfectly meg defender for sardar to tap in.

I havent seen many players that can produce such a play.

Comment

Working...
                                X