This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Rio Ave Brazil's Twitter feed (via Google Translate):

MARKET! It will be very difficult for Rio Ave to hold off striker Mehdi Taremi. Top scorer last season with 18 goals, the Iranian continues to be disputed by Porto, Braga, Sporting, and an undisclosed Premier League team.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/rioavefc...g_click&f=live

Comment

https://www.zerozero.pt/news.php?id=293396

Assuming Taremi is much closer to Porto since Braga trying to find a different striker.

Comment

Any ideas what that premier league team is? Maybe villa?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
          Any ideas what that premier league team is? Maybe villa?
          BHA. Potter is looking for additional talent to waste.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
            BHA. Potter is looking for additional talent to waste.

But seriously, had major heart palpitations when I read the first 3 letters of your post. Don't do that to a brother.

Comment

Until Mehdi transfers, he'll be under the guidance of Mario Silva, the new Rio Ave coach. Didn't know much about him until now. He is from Porto, and has coached Boavista, FC Porto (youth team), and most recently Almeria.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post

But seriously, had major heart palpitations when I read the first 3 letters of your post. Don't do that to a brother.
                It was too good of an opportunity to pass up. I'm glad people realized I was being sarcastic.

Comment

This source mentions interest from Espanyol and Atalanta for Taremi:

"Taremi signing almost closed Espanyol summer market

Taremi is one of the possible signings of Espanyol in the summer market. The player hopes to change of scene and sign for the Catalan team.

RCD Espanyol has many ballots to finish in the Smart Bank League next season. The Parakeets occupy the red lantern of the classification and salvation is 5 points away. Despite having few options to achieve the goal, the sports management already plans the next one with its sights set on continuing in the highest category.

According to the information we handle in TodoFichajes, Espanyol has the Rio Ave Medi Taremi footballer on its agenda. The Iranian international has had an outstanding season in the Portuguese League, adding 8 goals in 20 matches played and has seen his market value grow exponentially this year.

They will not be alone in the bid for the player since Benfica and Atalanta are also interested in hiring him. The Pericos have already made the first contact with the Portuguese who value the departure of the forward at 6 million euros.

We will be very attentive to the possible signing of Taremi by Espanyol in summer. The signing is very close to closing in the next few hours. The player would be delighted to play for the Italian team next season."

https://futbolistos.es/tarul-fichaje...ercado-verano/

Comment

Taremi already rejected español advances in the winter so I don’t see him going there especially after relegation.

Atalanta would be a very cool move as they are probably the most in form Italian team in the last two years playing excellent football. Some doubts over future of ilicic who taremi could replace. Ilicic was star this reason but is struggling with some personal issues and left atalanta for Slovenia right before psg match this week.

The atalanta forward trident of zapata gomez ilicic is the most deadly in Europe statistically .

Still my money is on porto

Comment

Guessing that article is an old one or taken from old knowledge as it says he has 8 goals in 20 games.

Comment

no way he’s going to a second division team [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think he should stay in Portugal and join a top team. The league suits him, he has made himself a name there, he can shine with top players from the league against weaker teams much more and he can play international football against the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            I think he should stay in Portugal and join a top team. The league suits him, he has made himself a name there, he can shine with top players from the league against weaker teams much more and he can play international football against the best.
                            what I think about AJ also.

Comment

Porto would be the best move for him.
                              It would be risky to jump to Spain or Italy

Comment

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-12/...esteves/856707

This revolution in the che club, already expected, is just what FC Porto needed to accelerate the sales of Diogo Leite and Tomás Esteves and, finally, have cash on hand to accelerate the signings of striker Taremi to Rio Ave and the left-back Zaidu to Santa Clara. At least these two, but there are other names on the agenda, like Toni Martínez and Nuno Santos.
                                Seems that FC Porto have to raise funds through the selling of Diogo Leite and Tomás Esteves to Valencia before they can make their offer for Taremi, Porto estimate gaining around €30 million from this transfer deal. This may take awhile (a couple of weeks most likely) and Taremi is still in Iran.

Comment

Working...
                                X