Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope he just aims for just Porto and stays away from those Lisbon teams (and Aston Villa).

Comment

Carlos Carvahal has confirmed that there is interest in Mehdi from an unnamed English club and also from Porto, Lisbon and Benfica. He has some lovely things to say about him, about his ability and his character.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...nsfer-17616762

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        Carlos Carvahal has confirmed that there is interest in Mehdi from an unnamed English club and also from Porto, Lisbon and Benfica. He has some lovely things to say about him, about his ability and his character.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...nsfer-17616762
        Man Villa fans really suck lol... Brighton fans are no where near as bad

Really hope he doesn't go to Aston Villa. He deserves a better team such as Benfica or Porto or even Sporting...

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Man Villa fans really suck lol... Brighton fans are no where near as bad

Really hope he doesn't go to Aston Villa. He deserves a better team such as Benfica or Porto or even Sporting...
          I was born and have grown up in Birmingham , most of my friends were Vila fans and when it comes to football they talk rubbish. Villa fans are a nightmare, still think their the European champions.

Comment

pretty ringing endorsement by carvahal as expected. I highly doubt this villa thing goes thru unless they become really desperate and pay over the odds for him and rio ave have to accept such an offer. But the attention that this has gotten him is notable, ups the stakes for Porto, Benfica to get a deal in place for him either for january or one that is agreed but will happen in the summer.

We gave mahdi a ton of shit on here, but he made great money in qatar, and now seems poised to get to a high level team/league after just 6 months-1yr in europe. That in itself is impressive and shows his quality. As to why he didnt go earlier, he certainly wasted a couple seasons in qatar, but in general he was a late bloomer. Only going to PP at around 22 or so from azadegan, never played for any iranian youth teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              I was born and have grown up in Birmingham , most of my friends were Vila fans and when it comes to football they talk rubbish. Villa fans are a nightmare, still think their the European champions.
              They can’t be much worse than the diluted, wanker fans of Charlton ..!? Can they !?
              Now they were some miserable, negative bunch...club’s worse enemy of progress ....I doubt if they ever get promoted with their pathetic fan culture still in place. .!?

Comment

Big match tomorrow (10:45AM PST).

Rio Ave (#7) vs. Vitoria de Guimaraes (#6). Both at 25 points with VdG just ahead of Rio Ave due to GD. A win for Rio Ave would leap frog VdG and place them in 5th place, just behind Sporting CP.

Comment

Mehdi started up front in 4-2-3-1 formation. Currently 0-0 18'

Comment

Rio Ave up 2-0 at half!!! NICE!

Comment

Still 2-0 for Rio Ave at 67'

Comment

he had a breakaway behind defence, rounded the keeper but from narrow angle missed the empty net

Comment

Any working links?

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                            he had a breakaway behind defence, rounded the keeper but from narrow angle missed the empty net
                            That is definition of Taremi lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              That is definition of Taremi lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                              It was a really really challenging angle... 99.9% of strikers would've been off target, not to mention there was a defender moving towards goal and would've deflected the opportunity as well.

He did well to even get a shot off

Comment

Highlights:

https://www.vsports.pt/vsports/vod/l...o-ave-fc-56853

Mehdi directly involved in the second goal, getting the ball centered backwards into the box for an eventual volley in the net. Nice team work from the entire team.

Comment

Working...
                                X