X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

https://www.abola.pt/nnh/2020-08-06/...ampions/855965

FC Porto's SAD is strongly committed to closing the contract for Taremi as soon as possible. Pinto da Costa has already assumed with António Silva Campos, his counterpart of Vila-Condenses, the intention of reaching a platform of understanding to recruit the services of the Iranian international to Dragão.

At the age of 28, Taremi refused millionaire proposals to invest in his career by accepting the invitation of Rio Ave for two years and the truth is that he valued himself immensely, to the point that in January he was even on Sporting's radar, which, however, he did an offer considered quite low to acquire the economic rights of the striker.

Vila-condenses hold only 60 percent of Taremi's pass, the rest belonging to the athlete himself, who comes from a wealthy Iranian family and does not seek to earn much money in football, but rather notoriety in the Old Continent.

Taremi is aware of the interest of SC Braga and even Carlos Carvalhal will have already spoken to the athlete, but the fact that FC Porto is the title champion and has direct entry into the Champions group stage in 2020/2021 is something that is seducing the Iranian international, committed to stepping on the big stages of the most important competition played at club level in Europe.

FC Porto has had the player signaled for a long time, as has Benfica, but Sérgio Conceição strives for negotiations with the Vila de Conde emblem to arrive in good port and Taremi can dress like a dragon next season, adding a lot of firepower. to the blue and white attack.
    huh, i never knew that taremi came from a wealthy family, but nonetheless porto would be a great move

Comment

Am on the train from Lisbon to Porto today! Hope I can somehow bump into our boy [emoji3526]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Am on the train from Lisbon to Porto today! Hope I can somehow bump into our boy [emoji3526]

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
        I think he's in Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by The Farbod View Post
          Eh. I dunno about that. Taremi has never been the most gifted athlete. He's not terribly fast, not that great on the ball. What set him apart was his football intelligence. He was always in the right spot at the right time. What I think has drastically improved is his nerves. He used to miss a lot of chances because of his nerves. He seems a lot more calm and confident. Honestly he's probably the smartest player Iran has ever produced. The game is almost second nature to him now.
          Smartest player ever produced? He is the guy who got a unnecessary yellow card against China and therefore being suspended against Japan. And what happend against Japan? We lost big time.

Comment

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
            Smartest player ever produced? He is the guy who got a unnecessary yellow card against China and therefore being suspended against Japan. And what happend against Japan? We lost big time.
            Different meaning to "smart". Taremi is smart when it comes to rotational play and positioning. Maybe not discplined though. He is so tricky he went from Iran to Portugal and rocked the league.

Its fine, guys like Luis Suarez and David Luiz are smart with craftiness in their play but are boneheads from time to time when it comes to discipline

Comment

Eh. I dunno about that. Taremi has never been the most gifted athlete. He's not terribly fast, not that great on the ball. What set him apart was his football intelligence. He was always in the right spot at the right time. What I think has drastically improved is his nerves. He used to miss a lot of chances because of his nerves. He seems a lot more calm and confident. Honestly he's probably the smartest player Iran has ever produced. The game is almost second nature to him now.
              Not that great on the ball? Taremi has excellent dribbling skills and ball handling, good first touch and passing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                Different meaning to "smart". Taremi is smart when it comes to rotational play and positioning. Maybe not discplined though. He is so tricky he went from Iran to Portugal and rocked the league.
                Its fine, guys like Luis Suarez and David Luiz are smart with craftiness in their play but are boneheads from time to time when it comes to discipline
                The smartest player need to be smart in discipline too. Otherwise he has smart moments, but not the smartest overall.
                Lol David Luiz, he played as a bonehead against Germany and make sootie every time with arsenal in PL.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                  huh, i never knew that taremi came from a wealthy family, but nonetheless porto would be a great move
                  I really dont think he does lol.

Comment

Nilson: “Taremi has the face of Sérgio Conceição and the spirit of FC Porto”

https://rr.sapo.pt/2020/08/06/futebo...mpression=true

The former goalkeeper of Vitória de Guimarães who played with the Iranian striker at Persepolis in 2014/15, foresees in Bola Branca a connection that could be a perfect marriage between Taremi and the dragons.

Mehdi Taremi is on the list of national champions for strengthening the squad next season. And in Nilson's opinion, if the change from Rio Ave to Dragão is confirmed, it will end up being a perfect connection for the player and for FC Porto.

“It could be a perfect marriage. I see Taremi with the spirit of FC Porto, because to play for FC Porto you have to have character, and that Taremi has a lot. He really is the face of Sérgio Conceição, because he is that type of athlete that the trainer likes, tough, in addition to the quality he has, he has the characteristics that Sérgio Conceição likes ”, he underlines.

Taremi had a great season at Rio Ave, even though it was his first season in Europe but it did not surprise Nilson. Already in Iran, Taremi showed the profile to succeed in the old continent.

“When I played with Taremi at Persepolis, he already showed that he was an athlete who had a European level because of his technical ability, but also because of his strength and determination, he gave all the signs of being able to play in European football. His achievement this year at Rio Ave is not surprising because he knew his potential, even though it was the first year, where adaptation is more difficult due to the language and style of play, but with the quality he has managed to adapt well and managed to show his qualities ”, he concludes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                      Not that great on the ball? Taremi has excellent dribbling skills and ball handling, good first touch and passing skills.
                      His technical ability is average. It's his football IQ that makes these abilities look way better than they are. There is a reason that no one thought much of him as a youth prospect.

Originally posted by IranPowned View Post
                      The smartest player need to be smart in discipline too. Otherwise he has smart moments, but not the smartest overall.
                      Lol David Luiz, he played as a bonehead against Germany and make sootie every time with arsenal in PL.
                      Some of the smartest players are undisciplined. Messi and Ronaldo aren't exactly disciplined. They have let their emotions boil over on several occasions. Suarez is the perfect example. Football IQ is off the charts. But he's also a psychopath when he's pissed off.
                      "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

I would agree on technical aspect. He is not an outstanding dribbler, or have incredible finishing/shooting technique.

More than anything I would say taremi has a level of unpredictability to his game that is very difficult to find. This ties in with football IQ but is also different. He does extremely unexpected movements, has a languid style of play that is difficult for defenders to read.

I would also push back against claims he is not physically impressive. He is a 6ft3, ultra powerful, but somehow still languid/flexible, with deceptive speed. His agility is another really important element of his game, but his physique allows him to take a lot of hits, contact and not get frustrated or lose possession. Just look how he manhandled spanish team in WC, or Russians in the friendly vs them. Few players have the physical capacity to run the entire length of the pitch with the ball while getting hacked by russias best CB, and then have the composure to pick out azmoun for tap in with a nutmeg as he did. His ball retrieval and simply bullying spanish defenders is something that also sticks with me clearly. His physical prowess is undeniable.

At the age of 28 he is now in his peak. I expect him to be performing at a high level until 32 at least.

Porto continues to seem like the ideal landing spot. Rio ave president has now publicly confirmed they are in deep negotiations with porto. Hopefully deal is concluded in the next week.

Comment

His technical ability is average. It's his football IQ that makes these abilities look way better than they are. There is a reason that no one thought much of him as a youth prospect.
                          Some of the smartest players are undisciplined. Messi and Ronaldo aren't exactly disciplined. They have let their emotions boil over on several occasions. Suarez is the perfect example. Football IQ is off the charts. But he's also a psychopath when he's pissed off.
                          Well it depends which standard or criteria you use to assess his technical abilities. If you compare him to the likes of Messi, Iniesta, Xavi etc then yes he is very average, but if you evaluate him on the Iranian or Asian scale then he is one of the best in TM and belongs to the elite in Asia. On this level he is great at holding and keeping possession of the ball, dribbling, passing, great first touches etc. He is for sure a more technically gifted player than Azmoun, though not a better goalscorer ofcourse.

Comment

This is the first time i've read someone saying that Messi and Ronaldo lack discipline. It is the other way around, they are extremely disciplined which is why they have been able to be the best for such a long period, the longest in the history of football. You must not mistake losing your cool or making a mistake in a game with discipline. At the end of the day they are human beings who can give in to their emotions from time to time and slip up. But if you analyse their entire career this rarely happens, i mean it's not like they get red cards every other week or Suarez bites someone's ear once a month during a game. Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez etc all the elite players have an iron discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              I would agree on technical aspect. He is not an outstanding dribbler, or have incredible finishing/shooting technique.

More than anything I would say taremi has a level of unpredictability to his game that is very difficult to find. This ties in with football IQ but is also different. He does extremely unexpected movements, has a languid style of play that is difficult for defenders to read.

I would also push back against claims he is not physically impressive. He is a 6ft3, ultra powerful, but somehow still languid/flexible, with deceptive speed. His agility is another really important element of his game, but his physique allows him to take a lot of hits, contact and not get frustrated or lose possession. Just look how he manhandled spanish team in WC, or Russians in the friendly vs them. Few players have the physical capacity to run the entire length of the pitch with the ball while getting hacked by russias best CB, and then have the composure to pick out azmoun for tap in with a nutmeg as he did. His ball retrieval and simply bullying spanish defenders is something that also sticks with me clearly. His physical prowess is undeniable.

At the age of 28 he is now in his peak. I expect him to be performing at a high level until 32 at least.

Porto continues to seem like the ideal landing spot. Rio ave president has now publicly confirmed they are in deep negotiations with porto. Hopefully deal is concluded in the next week.
                              All these traits and characteristics you mention are the ones Sérgio Conceição likes his players to have on his team, Taremi will fit into the Porto's system like a glove as Nilson mentioned (Esp. even looking similar to each other, haha). Hence the reason why players such as Marega get starts and why technical players with very good dribbling/shooting don't.

Sérgio Conceição football involves a great deal of physicality (e.g. Taremi) along with a very strong tactical understanding (once again Taremi). Taremi can play into any of the manager's formations that Conceição has been using this season whether it involves a lone striker system in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation or one involving a 2 striker system such as the 4-4-2 diamond formation, in which all of these formations have been used this season and are favored by Conceição.

Also from what I read so far and from the article that I posted, it's Sérgio Conceição who's the one striving for FC Porto to obtain Mehdi Taremi which in my opinion is already a good sign/hint that he can be a starter as well as a regular in his system. But if you ask me personally, I think Taremi would easily make every team's XI in Portugal (even Benfica's) and be a starter for all of them.

To conclude, I definitely do not think he will be a flop for their side and it will be very interesting and enjoyable to see how he will fair at Porto with addition of Champions League football, playing more against the low block due and teams parking the bus against big sides (e.g. Sardar at Zenit), and most likely training at the highest intensity he's ever had done before.

Comment

Raftane Mehdi be Porto az mandaane Sardar dar Zenit kheili bishtar miarze.

Kheili baazikonhaaye bozorgi az Porto raftan be behtarin teamhaaye Europa.

Bavar konid agar Mehdi yek fasle khoobi dar Porto daashte baashe mire yek teame bozorge Europe, ba inke sennesh 28-29 ast.
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X