This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    11 Goals, but its also worth mentioning that he won like 4-5 penalties that he didnt take.
    #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
      Thanks. Who's this guy?
      He is a freelance football trainer who pretty much travels the world training players at clubs all around the world. He also works for Bein Sports and does interviews like this
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
        Thanks. Who's this guy?
        Hes a social media star/football trainer. Works for Bein.

Apparently his grandfather played for Esteghlal? Heydarpour? Maybe our more senior members have heard of him.

Comment

here we talked for multiple pages with a few complaining as usual that taremi didnt fulfil potential because he chased money, stayed in PGPL too long, etc, blah blah.

Skip to minute 8 of the interview. AT age 19 he quit football for an entire 2 years! To complete sarbazi. what professional players do you know of in the peak of their development at 19 to be sidelined completely from football for 2 years? Not to mention the money he missed out on it, transfer opportunities, etc. When he returned Shahin Bushehr had dropped from PGPL to Azadegan, and he needed to reprove himself all over in even shittier circumstances.
          Just to show himself so well after that proves his underlying quality. I hope he gets closer to what he deserves this summer.

Think of how many young players have had their careers destroyed in the peak devleopmental phase bc of sarbazi, as taremi mentions. There must be a better work around.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            He will get what he deserves this summer.
            Or not!

A player like Taremi, if brought up and trained properly in Europe, he would have probably been one of the most famous players in the world, playing for the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona.

As you say, imagine how many great Iranian talents go to waste just like this. God knows what would have happened to Ali Karimi if he was raised and trained in Europe from childhood. We could have had a player in the class of Johan Cruyff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
              The reason Portuguese teams show interest in Iranian players is not because Portugal played against Team Melli, but solely because of CQ.
              It's funny how our players impressed against top quality talents such as Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. Against teams that have players in the top leagues yet teams are hesitant to invest or take chances on our players. A guy like Taremi has impressed numerous times so I find it baffling for these clubs to be surprised by his talents.

Comment

It seems taremi and sporting reached agreement. Disappointing if true

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  It seems taremi and sporting reached agreement. Disappointing if true
                  Not really man, everyone should have seen this coming... Sporting NEED a STRIKER desperately in contrast to the other clubs. Sporting were always the ones who showed the heaviest of interests for Taremi, especially last window in winter. To be honest even, I think this move was pre-arranged during the last window for it to happen in summer.

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...use_of_bragas/

As far their level, maybe they are not as good as they are historically and on paper weaker than the other big 3 - which is true to an extent (I've even said this myself)... However I'm confident Amorim will bring great things for the club in contrast to their previous managers, Sporting payed the €10M buy out clause for Ruben Amorim from Braga which I honestly would dobut they'd pay that much if they did not feel confident in his abilities.

As for the teammates, he will be around qualities of Marcos Acuña, Rodrigo Battaglia, Bolasie, the highly rate Plata, Cabral, and loads of other quality players Sporting has known to develop throughout the years. Plus we will experience 2 times a year one of the best derby Europe has to offer. (Add to that CL/EL football ofc).

To sum it up:

Pros:
                  + One of Europe's world renowned clubs
                  + Guaranteed starting spot/less competition
                  + Derby de Lisboa
                  + (CL/EL Football)
                  + Great facilities/stadium
                  + Decent teammates/loads of young talent
                  + Opened space for Ali Alipour transfer or another Iranian?
                  + Sexy kit and high FIFA rating :P

Cons:
                  - Ravani fans/koskhol fans
                  - Added pressures and expectations
                  - Instability in management
                  - Weakest club atm out of the "big 3"

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    Not really man, everyone should have seen this coming... Sporting NEED a STRIKER desperately in contrast to the other clubs. Sporting were always the ones who showed the heaviest of interests for Taremi, especially last window in winter. To be honest even, I think this move was pre-arranged during the last window for it to happen in summer.
                    As far their level, maybe they are not as good as they are historically and on paper weaker than the other big 3 - which is true to an extent (I've even said this myself)... However I'm confident Amorim will bring great things for the club in contrast to their previous managers, Sporting payed the €10M buy out clause for Ruben Amorim from Braga which I honestly would dobut they'd pay that much if they did not feel confident in his abilities.
                    As for the teammates, he will be around qualities of Marcos Acuña, Rodrigo Battaglia, Bolasie, the highly rate Plata, Cabral, and loads of other quality players Sporting has known to develop throughout the years. Plus we will experience 2 times a year one of the best derby Europe has to offer. (Add to that CL/EL football ofc).
                    To sum it up:
                    Pros:
                    + Derby de Lisboa
                    + (CL/EL Football)
                    Cons:
                    pretty much everything you menitoned plus more could have been achieved at benfica, Im still not totally sure move will go through. There is still time for others to come in. Sporting has shitty management and it shows in the quality of their current squad. Of course it will still be a positive move for taremi to play in europe and for a better team, and certainly almost guarantees him starting role.

Comment

hey look at the bright side....C. Ronaldo played there once.

Comment

Come on, if this time last year someone told you that Mehdi Taremi would (Potentially) be playing for Sporting Lisbon we would have been very excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                          Come on, if this time last year someone told you that Mehdi Taremi would (Potentially) be playing for Sporting Lisbon we would have been very excited.
                          of course, I am not denying this at all. It is a very good move from visiblity, ability to be main man still, etc. I personally would prefer top 2 so he gets CL exposure, but EL will be great for him too. Also looking at recent coaching changes in sporting, Im not sure ruben amorim who has only coached around 15 pro matches, and was a player up until a year ago will be as beneficial for taremi from a personal point of view, especially compared to a coach like Carvahal who has done so well with him at Rio.

Comment

Player screening and testing at Rio

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                              A move to Sporting lisbon would be exciting for any iranian except Azmoun and Taremi. Would have prefered the top 2 (benfica/porto) at least. They play Champions league every year and exports tons of players to the biggest clubs of the world. About Sporting, except Bruno Fernandes, I don't recall any players they sold to top clubs recently. Last year, Sporting was just one spot above Rio Ave and out of the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

To sum it up:

Pros:
                                + Derby de Lisboa
                                + (CL/EL Football)

Cons:
                                About the Pros you are listing, Benfica/Porto have all this, even better in some cases :

+ One of Europe's world renowned clubs : benfica/porto are better
                                + Guaranteed starting spot/less competition : i reckon Sporting could be a better position compared to the top2
                                + Derby de Lisboa : benfica has it too and Porto have the classic "Porto/benfica"
                                + (CL/EL Football) : Top 2 are better
                                + Great facilities/stadium : same with top2
                                + Decent teammates/loads of young talent : Same or even better with top 2
                                + Opened space for Ali Alipour transfer or another Iranian? same with top2

Comment

Working...
                                X