Ryan Tafazoli @ Hull City | 2019-20 - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tafazoli @ Hull City | 2019-20

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,185 Times in 1,977 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    His former coach at Peterborough United is the new head coach of Hull City, so that is the reason why he was brought in and might result to the faster integration to Championship football.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,458 Times in 575 Posts
    According to Hull City's Twitter account Tafazolli played 90 min in their friendly today against Ghoddos and Amiens! Amiens won 2-0 Ghoddos assisted the first goal and scored the 2nd!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to persian_pooya For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,735 Times in 1,880 Posts
    Your Tafazolli quote of the day:

"First off, it would make my family so proud. It would be an honor to play for a football loving nation like Iran and at the same time serve my country of heritage. Playing under Carlos Queiroz would also be a dream – he has coached some of the best players in the world. I'm a physical center back and standing at 6'5 I can offer them a tough backbone that you develop growing up in England. To get called up I know I need to play at a higher level, perhaps league 1/championship being the minimum so hopefully when I make it there I've got a chance. I can also score a lot of goals for a defender as well. Playing for Iran would be amazing."

- Taf in 2016

He has worked his butt off to make it to this level. According to fans he played a very solid game against Amiens, despite the loss. Most fans believe he is 2nd or 3rd in line at CB. I believe in Ryan and I'm glad he believes in the footballing nation of Iran. We should give him a fair chance. EFL Championship, especially a notable team such as Hull City, is a difficult team to make. Let's track his progress and hope he can get called up one day!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Your Tafazolli quote of the day:

"First off, it would make my family so proud. It would be an honor to play for a football loving nation like Iran and at the same time serve my country of heritage. Playing under Carlos Queiroz would also be a dream – he has coached some of the best players in the world. I'm a physical center back and standing at 6'5 I can offer them a tough backbone that you develop growing up in England. To get called up I know I need to play at a higher level, perhaps league 1/championship being the minimum so hopefully when I make it there I've got a chance. I can also score a lot of goals for a defender as well. Playing for Iran would be amazing."

- Taf in 2016

He has worked his butt off to make it to this level. According to fans he played a very solid game against Amiens, despite the loss. Most fans believe he is 2nd or 3rd in line at CB. I believe in Ryan and I'm glad he believes in the footballing nation of Iran. We should give him a fair chance. EFL Championship, especially a notable team such as Hull City, is a difficult team to make. Let's track his progress and hope he can get called up one day!
    This was my interview I conducted for PFDC - I really heard his hunger to make it in his voice and he’s now at the level he told me he knows he needs to get to in order to have a chance at TM (playing in the championship). We’ll see what he’s made of this year
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    he was unused sub in a 2-2 draw today.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,735 Times in 1,880 Posts
    Not sure why this wasn't brought up, but Hull City FC had their first match of the season against Swansea City FC last Saturday.

While Tafazolli did not start, he was subbed on later for the starting center back "De Wijs", who was the worst rated player on the pitch.

Note, it is pretty rare for center backs to be subbed into the game, especially when losing a match. However, after being subbed in, not only did Hull City not concede the rest of the game, they nearly almost tied the game!

Tafazolli, as a substitute, was then named the best defender on the pitch for Hull City with a 7.1 rating!!!

Here is the sofascore ratings:

Fans are already calling for Tafazolli to be a clear cut starter

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    Not sure why this wasn't brought up, but Hull City FC had their first match of the season against Swansea City FC last Saturday.

While Tafazolli did not start, he was subbed on later for the starting center back "De Wijs", who was the worst rated player on the pitch.

Note, it is pretty rare for center backs to be subbed into the game, especially when losing a match. However, after being subbed in, not only did Hull City not concede the rest of the game, they nearly almost tied the game!

Tafazolli, as a substitute, was then named the best defender on the pitch for Hull City with a 7.1 rating!!!

Here is the sofascore ratings:

Fans are already calling for Tafazolli to be a clear cut starter
    exciting stuff thanks for shedding light on this hopefully he starts the next match I bet anything wilmots is watching......
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 2,637 Posts
    Big Taff may get some minutes in the Cup match tomorrow vs. Tranmere Rovers:

"Hull manager Grant McCann is expected to make several changes to his team.

Matt Ingram is likely to get a chance to impress in goal, replacing George Long who has started both Championship games so far this season.

McCann might also try a new centre-back pairing of Ryan Tafazolli and Matthew Pennington against Rovers."

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    He was unused sub in their second match of the season.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 2,637 Posts
    For those interested, Ryan is in the starting lineup for Hull's Carabao Cup match vs. Tranmere Rovers.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenima_8 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 205

You do not have permission to view the list of names.