Ryan Tafazoli @ Hull City | 2019-20 - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Ryan Tafazoli @ Hull City | 2019-20

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,084 Times in 1,563 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I respect almost every one on this thread and trust your judgements when it comes to a lot of things. But I genuinely think a number of us are getting ahead of ourselves here.

Tafazoli, Shariati etc...?

One does not speak Farsi in the one position where communication and being in-sync with the rest of your defensive line (and keeper) is key, particularly in a team like Iran which has learnt to be as disciplined and well-drilled as a club side over the last 8 years (which may of course change as we become more open and attacking). As I keep saying, you can't underestimate the importance of language, communication, growing up together etc... for a centre back. That's why so many national sides pick centre backs who are in sync with each other by playing in the same club.

And Shariati who is only 19, hasn't even played at U20/U21/U23 level yet! Compare the half-dozen competitive international games he has played to Majid Hosseini, who had played 26 international U17 games by 17.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    I respect almost every one on this thread and trust your judgements when it comes to a lot of things. But I genuinely think a number of us are getting ahead of ourselves here.
    Tafazoli, Shariati etc...?
    One does not speak Farsi in the one position where communication and being in-sync with the rest of your defensive line (and keeper) is key, particularly in a team like Iran which has learnt to be as disciplined and well-drilled as a club side over the last 8 years (which may of course change as we become more open and attacking). As I keep saying, you can't underestimate the importance of language, communication, growing up together etc... for a centre back. That's why so many national sides pick centre backs who are in sync with each other by playing in the same club.
    And Shariati who is only 19, hasn't even played at U20/U21/U23 level yet! Compare the half-dozen competitive international games he has played to Majid Hosseini, who had played 26 international U17 games by 17.
    Shariati has been starting for U23 this entire year

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dortmund For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,798 Times in 4,144 Posts
    shariati isnt ready for TM yet, but if he stays injury free its a matter of time. Hopefully he can transfer to turkey/belgium/portugal soon as well.

Majid, PAG, Kanaani, Salimi, Cheshmi, Shariati... we have a good stock of center backs, quite young as well. Just need some central midfielders.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    shariati isnt ready for TM yet, but if he stays injury free its a matter of time. Hopefully he can transfer to turkey/belgium/portugal soon as well.

Majid, PAG, Kanaani, Salimi, Cheshmi, Shariati... we have a good stock of center backs, quite young as well. Just need some central midfielders.
    A lot rests on Ezzatolahi’s shoulders.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,331 Times in 2,046 Posts
    Played 90 min vs Wigan in a 2-2 draw today.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Members who have read this thread : 206

You do not have permission to view the list of names.