Ryan Tafazoli @ Hull City | 2019-20 - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Tafazoli @ Hull City | 2019-20

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,188 Times in 1,978 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    With Wilmots playing attacking football that means CB are getting more involved in pushing forward, so for counter attacks you need speedy CB, not sure he will be a right fit for Wilmots system due to his lack of speed, anyway as it was mentioned let see if he become a regular starter at his club first

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 3,897 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    With Wilmots playing attacking football that means CB are getting more involved in pushing forward, so for counter attacks you need speedy CB, not sure he will be a right fit for Wilmots system due to his lack of speed, anyway as it was mentioned let see if he become a regular starter at his club first
    Agreed I’m not sold on him being 100% needed or a good fit (especially with all the head ache that will come with him getting citizenship, solving sarbazi probs, etc.).....however we also have to acknowledge he is playing at a higher level than any CB we have aside from Hosseini and that itself deserves some recognition. Not saying cap him and throw him in the XI immediately I’m saying give the man a chance to go head to head with kanaani, Salimi, cheshmi or any other newer CB and see how he compares. CQ’s staff didn’t rate him much but that doesn’t mean wilmots and his staff are of the same opinion.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,868 Times in 4,527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KasraKhan View Post
    Not passing judgment on whether he should be invited to TM yet, and I haven't seen him play a lick, but I think we all can agree that going from League One to the Championship is definitely a step in the right direction. This is the same league that two important TM players were playing their trade in just last year (Karim and Saeid).

We'll have a much better understanding of where he stands once the season progresses.
    I agree, I haven’t seen him play either. I’m not sure if he’d be the right fit for TM but we’ll have to see. I don’t remember watching him play but I’ve seen a few goals here and there. I’ve also have watched interviews with him which he seems to not speak a word in Farsi which is less than Mehrdad Beitashour who did speak but little.

I’m sure that he will end up on Wilmots list, specially if he does well during the season for Hull. Maybe not now but later on his name may get dropped. We will see.
    Iran - 2018 FIFA World Cup (Trailer):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,023 Times in 1,159 Posts
    Anyone know if he's playing in their friendly right now against his old team Mansfield?

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Hull City have a friendly against Amiens on the 24th of July.

Will we see a Ryan & Saman face-off?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rabbit For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I'd rather see Taha play instead of this guy. He's even a Fifa streamer ffs

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kian_khosh For This Useful Post:

General Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    it doenst matter if he fits in our system or not. we finally got a centerback playing in decent european league. we had many players who didnt fit in our system, but got invited because they bring (european) experience. think of JB who barely scores for team melli while he became goalscorer in the netherlands,

now we finally got a centerback playing in a decent league, even if he fits more in a team with 10 defenders i would still choose him over pejman montazeri of khanzadeh.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reza_Abdolahi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 9,033 Times in 2,637 Posts
    "Ryan Tafazolli happy to leave his 'comfort zone' to keep climbing the ladder with Hull City

Ryan Tafazolli’s journey to the KCOM Stadium has been long and winding.

Seven years ago Hull City’s latest signing was an unemployed hopeful desperately trying to prove himself worthy of a place in the Football League.

Spells with Concord Rangers and Cambridge City had introduced Tafazolli to non-league football following his release from Southampton but by the time 2012-13 kicked off he was still without a club.

Joining Mansfield Town, then of the Conference, eventually provided the central defender with a platform from which to build and ever since he has scarcely looked back.

Four seasons with the Stags and then three more with Peterborough United have banked up over 250 appearances and, more importantly, finally earned him a long-awaited crack at the Championship with Hull City.

A two-year contract, signed on Thursday evening, added Tafazolli to the Tigers’ ranks on the back of a 10-day trial period and two weeks from now he will hope to be part of a City side that begins a new season away to Swansea.

“I’ve not played Championship before so I know I’ve got to prove myself,” said Tafazoli. “You want to show everyone that you are able to play at this standard. Not just play at the standard, too, but do well.

“You don’t want to come in and go through the motions. I want to come here and really show people what I’m about, that I’m more than good enough to do very well at this standard.

“I could have stayed in my comfort zone and signed for a League One club, but I believe I can make the step up.

“I’m probably twice the player of the one that signed for Peterborough and that’s just through hard work and dedication.

“Every day I’ve worked hard to try and improve my game as much as possible. If you do that you’ve always got a chance.”

Tafazolli’s story is an uplifting one to hear recounted. Rejection from Southampton failed to spoil his appetite and instead gave the defender a drive that has helped bring him this far.

First he proved himself in League Two and then League One. He could have stayed on with Peterborough and again challenged for promotion at London Road but the decision was taken to chance his arm as a free agent this summer.

“You have to be appreciative of where you’ve come from but at the same time I’m just as hungry to do as well as I was when I was in non-league,” he added.

“I still want to improve and I still want to be the best footballer I can be with Hull City.

“I don’t know if it’s the rejection that gives you hunger because it’s got to come from within.

“I got released by Southampton but I sort of got lucky you know? I signed for Mansfield under Paul Cox. He brought me in when I didn’t really have much. I only had a couple of offers from under-23s sides at League One and League Two level.

“Paul Cox brought me into the first team at Mansfield and I learned very quickly what men’s football is all about. I just made sure I was the hardest worker in the room and climbed up the ladder.”

If there was risk attached to leaving Peterborough this summer, the call from Grant McCann, his former Posh boss, brought vindication.

Tafazolli was initially invited out to be part of City’s warm-weather training camp in Marbella and featured in both friendly games listed only as “Trialist”.

The man with no-name, though, made his mark as two tidy performances were capped by the winning goal as City beat Lincoln Red Imps last Friday.

The final details of a two-year deal were ironed out once City returned home to England and he can now return to Mansfield, his home for four years, as a Championship footballer.

“I spoke to the gaffer when he got the job to congratulate him,” he said. “I think my agent then got in contact with him and asked if there would be anything there for me.

“The manager said why don’t you come in and train with the lads for a few days and look to get something done.

“I played a lot of games under the gaffer so he knows what I’m about. I don’t think it was a trial as such, it was more to get me in and around the lads. I’m glad it went well.

“I had a few conversations with Championship clubs, a couple of top-end League One clubs as well that were there on the table,” he said.

“But once Grant got the job here, I knew this could be another club where I could improve even more under him and also have a crack at the Championship to try and prove myself.""

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aenima_8 For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,735 Times in 1,880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aenima_8 View Post
    "Ryan Tafazolli happy to leave his 'comfort zone' to keep climbing the ladder with Hull City
    Ryan Tafazolli’s journey to the KCOM Stadium has been long and winding.
    Seven years ago Hull City’s latest signing was an unemployed hopeful desperately trying to prove himself worthy of a place in the Football League.
    Spells with Concord Rangers and Cambridge City had introduced Tafazolli to non-league football following his release from Southampton but by the time 2012-13 kicked off he was still without a club.
    Joining Mansfield Town, then of the Conference, eventually provided the central defender with a platform from which to build and ever since he has scarcely looked back.
    Four seasons with the Stags and then three more with Peterborough United have banked up over 250 appearances and, more importantly, finally earned him a long-awaited crack at the Championship with Hull City.
    A two-year contract, signed on Thursday evening, added Tafazolli to the Tigers’ ranks on the back of a 10-day trial period and two weeks from now he will hope to be part of a City side that begins a new season away to Swansea.
    “I’ve not played Championship before so I know I’ve got to prove myself,” said Tafazoli. “You want to show everyone that you are able to play at this standard. Not just play at the standard, too, but do well.
    “You don’t want to come in and go through the motions. I want to come here and really show people what I’m about, that I’m more than good enough to do very well at this standard.
    “I could have stayed in my comfort zone and signed for a League One club, but I believe I can make the step up.
    “I’m probably twice the player of the one that signed for Peterborough and that’s just through hard work and dedication.
    “Every day I’ve worked hard to try and improve my game as much as possible. If you do that you’ve always got a chance.”
    Tafazolli’s story is an uplifting one to hear recounted. Rejection from Southampton failed to spoil his appetite and instead gave the defender a drive that has helped bring him this far.
    First he proved himself in League Two and then League One. He could have stayed on with Peterborough and again challenged for promotion at London Road but the decision was taken to chance his arm as a free agent this summer.
    “You have to be appreciative of where you’ve come from but at the same time I’m just as hungry to do as well as I was when I was in non-league,” he added.
    “I still want to improve and I still want to be the best footballer I can be with Hull City.
    “I don’t know if it’s the rejection that gives you hunger because it’s got to come from within.
    “I got released by Southampton but I sort of got lucky you know? I signed for Mansfield under Paul Cox. He brought me in when I didn’t really have much. I only had a couple of offers from under-23s sides at League One and League Two level.
    “Paul Cox brought me into the first team at Mansfield and I learned very quickly what men’s football is all about. I just made sure I was the hardest worker in the room and climbed up the ladder.”
    If there was risk attached to leaving Peterborough this summer, the call from Grant McCann, his former Posh boss, brought vindication.
    Tafazolli was initially invited out to be part of City’s warm-weather training camp in Marbella and featured in both friendly games listed only as “Trialist”.
    The man with no-name, though, made his mark as two tidy performances were capped by the winning goal as City beat Lincoln Red Imps last Friday.
    The final details of a two-year deal were ironed out once City returned home to England and he can now return to Mansfield, his home for four years, as a Championship footballer.
    “I spoke to the gaffer when he got the job to congratulate him,” he said. “I think my agent then got in contact with him and asked if there would be anything there for me.
    “The manager said why don’t you come in and train with the lads for a few days and look to get something done.
    “I played a lot of games under the gaffer so he knows what I’m about. I don’t think it was a trial as such, it was more to get me in and around the lads. I’m glad it went well.
    “I had a few conversations with Championship clubs, a couple of top-end League One clubs as well that were there on the table,” he said.
    “But once Grant got the job here, I knew this could be another club where I could improve even more under him and also have a crack at the Championship to try and prove myself.""
    You can hate him as a player, but you gotta LOVE that confidence and effort. Love the article title as well! He has the mindset of players we need playing for Team Melli:

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,188 Times in 1,978 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
    it doenst matter if he fits in our system or not. we finally got a centerback playing in decent european league. we had many players who didnt fit in our system, but got invited because they bring (european) experience. think of JB who barely scores for team melli while he became goalscorer in the netherlands,

now we finally got a centerback playing in a decent league, even if he fits more in a team with 10 defenders i would still choose him over pejman montazeri of khanzadeh.
    Lets see if he gets regular minutes at his new club. We also have lots of depth at CB: PAG, Kanani, Hosseini, Salimi.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 205

You do not have permission to view the list of names.