Azizi's Premature TM Retirement

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Azizi's Premature TM Retirement

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,873 Times in 6,228 Posts

Azizi's Premature TM Retirement

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Azizi was still in his prime at the 2000 Asian Championship. Yet he was not utilized at all during the World Cup qualifiers. Talentwise he definitely seemed good enough to be on the team and perhaps his inclusion might have produced an extra goal or two that would have made us top our qualifying group. Was this a disciplinary thing? Perhaps being in Blazevic's or the IFF's doghouse? Anyone have any insight on this?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Yeah if I remember correctly Blazevic had a problem with Azizi's attitude. He thought he was above the team and Blazevic took disciplinary action and didn't include him in the squad. He was just like Rahmati and Aghili but slightly better and needed more to help team melli at the time.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the matrix1 For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,145 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the matrix1 View Post
    Yeah if I remember correctly Blazevic had a problem with Azizi's attitude. He thought he was above the team and Blazevic took disciplinary action and didn't include him in the squad. He was just like Rahmati and Aghili but slightly better and needed more to help team melli at the time.
    Let’s please not equate Aghiliy to Rahmati they are very different situations
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the matrix1 View Post
    Slightly better? Azizi was one of the most naturally gifted players we have ever had.

I don't buy into the whole "he had an attitude" argument. Azizi was one of the star players of TM between 1996 and 2000-2001 along with Bagheri and Daei, he was a highly skilled creative player who took alot of risks making his plays, i reckon Blazevic and later the much more cautious/nervous Ivankovic were both just too conservative to include Azizi in their team. How come Maheli Kohan, Ivic, Valdeir Viera and Talebi were able to succesfully work with Azizi? The reason Blazevic and Ivankovic didn't invite Azizi anymore had to do with their conservative coaching styles.

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,489 Times in 1,562 Posts
    Yeah I clearly remember after one of the games in the early Ciro days Azizi had one of his furious interviews and Ciro never invited him again. He and Hashemian could have really helped us to qualify for 2002, although we still had the great firepower of Daei, Nikbakht, Karimi, Khaziravi they couldn't score a goal against Bahrain at home and Thailand away.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,326 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Maheli Kohan, Ivic, Valdeir Viera and Talebi were able to succesfully work with Azizi?
    Ivic's, Viera's and Talebi's time as head coaches in TM were relatively quite short. Also didn't Mayeli Kohan have problems with Azizi too later at some point?

Anyways the question you need to ask is why did Azizi have problems with every single coach he played for after Blazevic's time. Even during his time in Europe and the US.

No matter how talented the guy was, he was a trouble maker. I clearly remember Blazevic planned to change his position and use him as CAM but Azizi blew it by packing his bag and leaving TM camp.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Ivic's, Viera's and Talebi's time as head coaches in TM were relatively quite short. Also didn't Mayeli Kohan have problems with Azizi too later at some point?
    Anyways the question you need to ask is why did Azizi have problems with every single coach he played for after Blazevic's time. Even during his time in Europe and the US.
    No matter how talented the guy was, he was a trouble maker. I clearly remember Blazevic planned to change his position and use him as CAM but Azizi blew it by packing his bag and leaving TM camp.
    First of all, Maheli Kohan and Azizi never had any problems. I don't know if Azizi had problems with any of his coaches after Blazevic, maybe you should share your sources instead of spreading rumors (like the one were Jalal Hosseini supposedly had an offer from the Bundesliga). Come on man, you can't just go around and spread rumors the whole time, we need facts.

Secondly, Azizi got along great with his coaches during his years playing (great) for Pas Tehran. I don't believe in the rumors that he was a troublemaker at all, the thing with these made up stories is that once they are spread around
    after a while they are believed to be the truth, and get recycled over and over again . The real reason Blazevic didn't invite Azizi anymore is because he was conservative in his approach of the game, same goes for his pupil Ivankovic.

I'm not saying Azizi never had a problem with any of his coaches during his career as a footballer, most players have at some point in their career. But this whole "Azizi had an attitude problem" thing is blown out of proportion, it was very much possible to work with the guy as other coaches had as well. He was and is a reasonable adult who always did his best when playing for his country.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,576 Times in 6,864 Posts
    Azizi is very talented but he has a really bad attitude. Flies off the handle way too quick.

In World Cup 1998 he got pissed off at Talebi subbing him out and it put him on a black list with Talebi and Pourheydari (who were close).
    In 2001 before the qualifiers Azizi got mad that they gave his number to Nikbakht and he argued with Ciro over it. It was stupid to give Azizi's number to Nikbakht but Azizi should have kept his cool.

In general most coaches didn't want to deal with his drama.

Even as a coach he had this issues.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,790 Times in 1,514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    First of all, Maheli Kohan and Azizi never had any problems. I don't know if Azizi had problems with any of his coaches after Blazevic, maybe you should share your sources instead of spreading rumors (like the one were Jalal Hosseini supposedly had an offer from the Bundesliga). Come on man, you can't just go around and spread rumors the whole time, we need facts.

Secondly, Azizi got along great with his coaches during his years playing (great) for Pas Tehran. I don't believe in the rumors that he was a troublemaker at all, the thing with these made up stories is that once they are spread around
    after a while they are believed to be the truth, and get recycled over and over again . The real reason Blazevic didn't invite Azizi anymore is because he was conservative in his approach of the game, same goes for his pupil Ivankovic.

I'm not saying Azizi never had a problem with any of his coaches during his career as a footballer, most players have at some point in their career. But this whole "Azizi had an attitude problem" thing is blown out of proportion, it was very much possible to work with the guy as other coaches had as well. He was and is a reasonable adult who always did his best when playing for his country.
    It is absolutely not blown proportions. The dude was/is crazy. In addition to the incidents that Nokhodi mentioned, he used to throw tantrums a lot, and somehow got even worse as a coach. iirc correctly he had multiple ejections as a head coach.

Also let's not forget this:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Thanked 1,267 Times in 616 Posts
    I feel like I can’t say anything against the guy after what he did against Australia 🙂

I’m sure i remember my dad saying he was a bit of a hot head but then we had a lot of hot headed players 😃

The referee over reacted in that clip and he Azizi was surrounded by there players, the ref booked him early. He should have waited for situation to calm down , stood back slightly and then took action. That was no way a sending off offence and then yes he should have left the pitch but getting the security on the pitch to get him was an over reaction, like he had a gun or something.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 97

You do not have permission to view the list of names.