X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather see Taha play instead of this guy. He's even a Fifa streamer ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      With Wilmots playing attacking football that means CB are getting more involved in pushing forward, so for counter attacks you need speedy CB, not sure he will be a right fit for Wilmots system due to his lack of speed, anyway as it was mentioned let see if he become a regular starter at his club first
      it doenst matter if he fits in our system or not. we finally got a centerback playing in decent european league. we had many players who didnt fit in our system, but got invited because they bring (european) experience. think of JB who barely scores for team melli while he became goalscorer in the netherlands,

now we finally got a centerback playing in a decent league, even if he fits more in a team with 10 defenders i would still choose him over pejman montazeri of khanzadeh.

Comment

"Ryan Tafazolli happy to leave his 'comfort zone' to keep climbing the ladder with Hull City

Ryan Tafazolli’s journey to the KCOM Stadium has been long and winding.

Seven years ago Hull City’s latest signing was an unemployed hopeful desperately trying to prove himself worthy of a place in the Football League.

Spells with Concord Rangers and Cambridge City had introduced Tafazolli to non-league football following his release from Southampton but by the time 2012-13 kicked off he was still without a club.

Joining Mansfield Town, then of the Conference, eventually provided the central defender with a platform from which to build and ever since he has scarcely looked back.

Four seasons with the Stags and then three more with Peterborough United have banked up over 250 appearances and, more importantly, finally earned him a long-awaited crack at the Championship with Hull City.

A two-year contract, signed on Thursday evening, added Tafazolli to the Tigers’ ranks on the back of a 10-day trial period and two weeks from now he will hope to be part of a City side that begins a new season away to Swansea.

“I’ve not played Championship before so I know I’ve got to prove myself,” said Tafazoli. “You want to show everyone that you are able to play at this standard. Not just play at the standard, too, but do well.

“You don’t want to come in and go through the motions. I want to come here and really show people what I’m about, that I’m more than good enough to do very well at this standard.

“I could have stayed in my comfort zone and signed for a League One club, but I believe I can make the step up.

“I’m probably twice the player of the one that signed for Peterborough and that’s just through hard work and dedication.

“Every day I’ve worked hard to try and improve my game as much as possible. If you do that you’ve always got a chance.”

Tafazolli’s story is an uplifting one to hear recounted. Rejection from Southampton failed to spoil his appetite and instead gave the defender a drive that has helped bring him this far.

First he proved himself in League Two and then League One. He could have stayed on with Peterborough and again challenged for promotion at London Road but the decision was taken to chance his arm as a free agent this summer.

“You have to be appreciative of where you’ve come from but at the same time I’m just as hungry to do as well as I was when I was in non-league,” he added.

“I still want to improve and I still want to be the best footballer I can be with Hull City.

“I don’t know if it’s the rejection that gives you hunger because it’s got to come from within.

“I got released by Southampton but I sort of got lucky you know? I signed for Mansfield under Paul Cox. He brought me in when I didn’t really have much. I only had a couple of offers from under-23s sides at League One and League Two level.

“Paul Cox brought me into the first team at Mansfield and I learned very quickly what men’s football is all about. I just made sure I was the hardest worker in the room and climbed up the ladder.”

If there was risk attached to leaving Peterborough this summer, the call from Grant McCann, his former Posh boss, brought vindication.

Tafazolli was initially invited out to be part of City’s warm-weather training camp in Marbella and featured in both friendly games listed only as “Trialist”.

The man with no-name, though, made his mark as two tidy performances were capped by the winning goal as City beat Lincoln Red Imps last Friday.

The final details of a two-year deal were ironed out once City returned home to England and he can now return to Mansfield, his home for four years, as a Championship footballer.

“I spoke to the gaffer when he got the job to congratulate him,” he said. “I think my agent then got in contact with him and asked if there would be anything there for me.

“The manager said why don’t you come in and train with the lads for a few days and look to get something done.

“I played a lot of games under the gaffer so he knows what I’m about. I don’t think it was a trial as such, it was more to get me in and around the lads. I’m glad it went well.

“I had a few conversations with Championship clubs, a couple of top-end League One clubs as well that were there on the table,” he said.

“But once Grant got the job here, I knew this could be another club where I could improve even more under him and also have a crack at the Championship to try and prove myself.""

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...omfort-3113046

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
          "Ryan Tafazolli happy to leave his 'comfort zone' to keep climbing the ladder with Hull City
          [ATTACH]18524[/ATTACH]
          Ryan Tafazolli’s journey to the KCOM Stadium has been long and winding.
          Seven years ago Hull City’s latest signing was an unemployed hopeful desperately trying to prove himself worthy of a place in the Football League.
          Spells with Concord Rangers and Cambridge City had introduced Tafazolli to non-league football following his release from Southampton but by the time 2012-13 kicked off he was still without a club.
          Joining Mansfield Town, then of the Conference, eventually provided the central defender with a platform from which to build and ever since he has scarcely looked back.
          Four seasons with the Stags and then three more with Peterborough United have banked up over 250 appearances and, more importantly, finally earned him a long-awaited crack at the Championship with Hull City.
          A two-year contract, signed on Thursday evening, added Tafazolli to the Tigers’ ranks on the back of a 10-day trial period and two weeks from now he will hope to be part of a City side that begins a new season away to Swansea.
          “I’ve not played Championship before so I know I’ve got to prove myself,” said Tafazoli. “You want to show everyone that you are able to play at this standard. Not just play at the standard, too, but do well.
          “You don’t want to come in and go through the motions. I want to come here and really show people what I’m about, that I’m more than good enough to do very well at this standard.
          “I could have stayed in my comfort zone and signed for a League One club, but I believe I can make the step up.
          “I’m probably twice the player of the one that signed for Peterborough and that’s just through hard work and dedication.
          “Every day I’ve worked hard to try and improve my game as much as possible. If you do that you’ve always got a chance.”
          Tafazolli’s story is an uplifting one to hear recounted. Rejection from Southampton failed to spoil his appetite and instead gave the defender a drive that has helped bring him this far.
          First he proved himself in League Two and then League One. He could have stayed on with Peterborough and again challenged for promotion at London Road but the decision was taken to chance his arm as a free agent this summer.
          “You have to be appreciative of where you’ve come from but at the same time I’m just as hungry to do as well as I was when I was in non-league,” he added.
          “I still want to improve and I still want to be the best footballer I can be with Hull City.
          “I don’t know if it’s the rejection that gives you hunger because it’s got to come from within.
          “I got released by Southampton but I sort of got lucky you know? I signed for Mansfield under Paul Cox. He brought me in when I didn’t really have much. I only had a couple of offers from under-23s sides at League One and League Two level.
          “Paul Cox brought me into the first team at Mansfield and I learned very quickly what men’s football is all about. I just made sure I was the hardest worker in the room and climbed up the ladder.”
          If there was risk attached to leaving Peterborough this summer, the call from Grant McCann, his former Posh boss, brought vindication.
          Tafazolli was initially invited out to be part of City’s warm-weather training camp in Marbella and featured in both friendly games listed only as “Trialist”.
          The man with no-name, though, made his mark as two tidy performances were capped by the winning goal as City beat Lincoln Red Imps last Friday.
          The final details of a two-year deal were ironed out once City returned home to England and he can now return to Mansfield, his home for four years, as a Championship footballer.
          “I spoke to the gaffer when he got the job to congratulate him,” he said. “I think my agent then got in contact with him and asked if there would be anything there for me.
          “The manager said why don’t you come in and train with the lads for a few days and look to get something done.
          “I played a lot of games under the gaffer so he knows what I’m about. I don’t think it was a trial as such, it was more to get me in and around the lads. I’m glad it went well.
          “I had a few conversations with Championship clubs, a couple of top-end League One clubs as well that were there on the table,” he said.
          “But once Grant got the job here, I knew this could be another club where I could improve even more under him and also have a crack at the Championship to try and prove myself.""
          https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spor...omfort-3113046
          You can hate him as a player, but you gotta LOVE that confidence and effort. Love the article title as well! He has the mindset of players we need playing for Team Melli:

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
            it doenst matter if he fits in our system or not. we finally got a centerback playing in decent european league. we had many players who didnt fit in our system, but got invited because they bring (european) experience. think of JB who barely scores for team melli while he became goalscorer in the netherlands,

now we finally got a centerback playing in a decent league, even if he fits more in a team with 10 defenders i would still choose him over pejman montazeri of khanzadeh.
            Lets see if he gets regular minutes at his new club. We also have lots of depth at CB: PAG, Kanani, Hosseini, Salimi.

Comment

His former coach at Peterborough United is the new head coach of Hull City, so that is the reason why he was brought in and might result to the faster integration to Championship football.

Comment

According to Hull City's Twitter account Tafazolli played 90 min in their friendly today against Ghoddos and Amiens! Amiens won 2-0 Ghoddos assisted the first goal and scored the 2nd!

Comment

Your Tafazolli quote of the day:

"First off, it would make my family so proud. It would be an honor to play for a football loving nation like Iran and at the same time serve my country of heritage. Playing under Carlos Queiroz would also be a dream – he has coached some of the best players in the world. I'm a physical center back and standing at 6'5 I can offer them a tough backbone that you develop growing up in England. To get called up I know I need to play at a higher level, perhaps league 1/championship being the minimum so hopefully when I make it there I've got a chance. I can also score a lot of goals for a defender as well. Playing for Iran would be amazing."

- Taf in 2016

He has worked his butt off to make it to this level. According to fans he played a very solid game against Amiens, despite the loss. Most fans believe he is 2nd or 3rd in line at CB. I believe in Ryan and I'm glad he believes in the footballing nation of Iran. We should give him a fair chance. EFL Championship, especially a notable team such as Hull City, is a difficult team to make. Let's track his progress and hope he can get called up one day!

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    Your Tafazolli quote of the day:

"First off, it would make my family so proud. It would be an honor to play for a football loving nation like Iran and at the same time serve my country of heritage. Playing under Carlos Queiroz would also be a dream – he has coached some of the best players in the world. I'm a physical center back and standing at 6'5 I can offer them a tough backbone that you develop growing up in England. To get called up I know I need to play at a higher level, perhaps league 1/championship being the minimum so hopefully when I make it there I've got a chance. I can also score a lot of goals for a defender as well. Playing for Iran would be amazing."

- Taf in 2016

He has worked his butt off to make it to this level. According to fans he played a very solid game against Amiens, despite the loss. Most fans believe he is 2nd or 3rd in line at CB. I believe in Ryan and I'm glad he believes in the footballing nation of Iran. We should give him a fair chance. EFL Championship, especially a notable team such as Hull City, is a difficult team to make. Let's track his progress and hope he can get called up one day!
                    This was my interview I conducted for PFDC - I really heard his hunger to make it in his voice and he’s now at the level he told me he knows he needs to get to in order to have a chance at TM (playing in the championship). We’ll see what he’s made of this year
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

he was unused sub in a 2-2 draw today.

https://www.hullcitytigers.com/repor...2-hull-city-2/

Comment

Not sure why this wasn't brought up, but Hull City FC had their first match of the season against Swansea City FC last Saturday.

While Tafazolli did not start, he was subbed on later for the starting center back "De Wijs", who was the worst rated player on the pitch.

Note, it is pretty rare for center backs to be subbed into the game, especially when losing a match. However, after being subbed in, not only did Hull City not concede the rest of the game, they nearly almost tied the game!

Tafazolli, as a substitute, was then named the best defender on the pitch for Hull City with a 7.1 rating!!!

Here is the sofascore ratings:

https://www.sofascore.com/hull-city-swansea-city/zbWb

Fans are already calling for Tafazolli to be a clear cut starter

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          Not sure why this wasn't brought up, but Hull City FC had their first match of the season against Swansea City FC last Saturday.

While Tafazolli did not start, he was subbed on later for the starting center back "De Wijs", who was the worst rated player on the pitch.

Note, it is pretty rare for center backs to be subbed into the game, especially when losing a match. However, after being subbed in, not only did Hull City not concede the rest of the game, they nearly almost tied the game!

Tafazolli, as a substitute, was then named the best defender on the pitch for Hull City with a 7.1 rating!!!

Here is the sofascore ratings:

https://www.sofascore.com/hull-city-swansea-city/zbWb

Fans are already calling for Tafazolli to be a clear cut starter
                          exciting stuff thanks for shedding light on this hopefully he starts the next match I bet anything wilmots is watching......
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Big Taff may get some minutes in the Cup match tomorrow vs. Tranmere Rovers:

"Hull manager Grant McCann is expected to make several changes to his team.

Matt Ingram is likely to get a chance to impress in goal, replacing George Long who has started both Championship games so far this season.

McCann might also try a new centre-back pairing of Ryan Tafazolli and Matthew Pennington against Rovers."

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/spo...epburn-murphy/

Comment

He was unused sub in their second match of the season.

Comment

For those interested, Ryan is in the starting lineup for Hull's Carabao Cup match vs. Tranmere Rovers.

Comment

Working...
                                X