Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to a few source on twitter looks like Rangers have joined Leeds in the list of teams inquiring about Milmo.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      According to a few source on twitter looks like Rangers have joined Leeds in the list of teams inquiring about Milmo.
      Damn. That’s quite a drop. Even the championship is better than the SPL right now. He should stay in Belgium if he can’t get into Leeds.

Comment

Might be a rehashed old rumor. I remember hearing about it last year and Rangers fans viewing him as a good "backup"

Comment

https://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20200..._source=google

KAA GHENT. Leeds and Rangers think a Mohammadi Like

Jonathan David, Milad Mohammadi (26) also appears to be in the interest of Leeds United. The newcomer to the Premier League already has the left rear of the Buffalo on the radar. Mohammadi was taken over from Grozny on a transfer-free basis by AA Gent last season and captured a starting spot. The Iranian international, which got fierce competition with the arrival of Nurio, would also enjoy interest from Rangers in addition to Leeds. Both teams wouldn't be put off by the hefty price tag. Mohammadi is expected to generate approximately seven million euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Damn. That’s quite a drop. Even the championship is better than the SPL right now. He should stay in Belgium if he can’t get into Leeds.
            well milad cant do anything if theyre interested in him lol.

There is no chance he goes there. Gent are in Champions League! and have posted some amazing results in the past year and are just getting better and better. Their victories over Wolfsburg, St Ettiene, narrow defeat to roma in Olimpico where they deserved to win, and subsequent 1-1 draw in return fixture are all proof of this. They play a very modern, high intensity, high press brand of football where the fullbacks role is probably the most crucial in the team as they play without any wingers (4-3-1-2).

IMO, if this was any other lower midtable/lower PL team Gent would be the far better option. But because it is leeds and BIELSA the opportunity to improve and play under such a phenomenal coach and for such a historic, big club any chance to move there should be entertained.

But Gent is an excellent team as well. Even though they signed a new left back I have no doubts he will still get good minutes there. Last season after he broke into xi the drop off between him and the reserve LB was so big that milad had to play every game, league and EL, and ended up getting quite burned out towards the end. This is exaggerated bc of the huge emphasis on fullbacks in the gent system where they are essentially just a "left sided" player, and not a left back or left winger, but both jobs in one. Having an additional left back with similar physical qualities (although nurio is much weaker than milad defensively) will allow them to be respectable in Europe, but also go for the title domestically, and not get embarassed like GENK last year and finish in 7th place after struggling to deal with CL+League.

Also, its great to see him gathering this Leeds interest after 1 year there. For a player like him coming from smaller russian club Gent move got him to play in a much higher level team in much more visible setting (ie not Chechnya). Its proof of his great displays last season and the 7 mil EU price tag is proof that Gent do not view him as a bit part player at all, but are willing to make a huge profit on him if somebody meets the asking price + milad agrees to go.

Comment

Rangers would be huge step back, and I doubt he would go there... but beside Leeds, there's actually another team in the EPL he would fit in perfectly... that team is Brighton.

Hear me out:

He takes over March as the WB in their 5 back system. Basically playing the roll Lamptey plays, except on the left. If Brighton do end up selling Bernardo, which it looks like they will, they can pick him up for around 7-8 Mil. Tradition of Iranians in Brighton continues... hopefully this time with a better ending.

Comment

Rangers would be huge step back, and I doubt he would go there... but beside Leeds, there's actually another team in the EPL he would fit in perfectly... that team is Brighton.
                Hear me out:
                He takes over March as the WB in their 5 back system. Basically playing the roll Lamptey plays, except on the left. If Brighton do end up selling Bernardo, which it looks like they will, they can pick him up for around 7-8 Mil. Tradition of Iranians in Brighton continues... hopefully this time with a better ending.
                Gent are a better team than brighton right now, play much nicer football, have better players, and will be in CL. Imagine trading that in for fucking brighton lol. The only positive would be playing in PL, which as we have seen means very little if you are just taking it up the you know where every week. Brighton could not perform as Gent did in the EL this past season.

And if bernardo who is a good fullback in all honesty has been benched for march I could somehow see milad suffering the same retarded fate.

One last point is that milad's IMPROVEMENT in gent from a technical perspective, adapting to a new and much modern system has been really tremendous. The key for us as TM fans is that our players are improving wherever they are + being challenged and in form. that is happening where he is, would definitely happen under the guidance of beilsa in leeds, but is totally at risk at a team like brighton.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Gent are a better team than brighton right now, play much nicer football, have better players, and will be in CL. Imagine trading that in for fucking brighton lol. The only positive would be playing in PL, which as we have seen means very little if you are just taking it up the you know where every week. Brighton could not perform as Gent did in the EL this past season.

And if bernardo who is a good fullback in all honesty has been benched for march I could somehow see milad suffering the same retarded fate.

One last point is that milad's IMPROVEMENT in gent from a technical perspective, adapting to a new and much modern system has been really tremendous. The key for us as TM fans is that our players are improving wherever they are + being challenged and in form. that is happening where he is, would definitely happen under the guidance of beilsa in leeds, but is totally at risk at a team like brighton.
                  bUt PrEmIeR lEaGuE iS nUmBeR 1. I don't get the appeal of bottom table prem over cl teams in lower ranked leagues

Comment

He should leave .... ASAP.
                    no matter where or what club.

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    https://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20200..._source=google
                    KAA GHENT. Leeds and Rangers think a Mohammadi Like

Jonathan David, Milad Mohammadi (26) also appears to be in the interest of Leeds United. The newcomer to the Premier League already has the left rear of the Buffalo on the radar. Mohammadi was taken over from Grozny on a transfer-free basis by AA Gent last season and captured a starting spot. The Iranian international, which got fierce competition with the arrival of Nurio, would also enjoy interest from Rangers in addition to Leeds. Both teams wouldn't be put off by the hefty price tag. Mohammadi is expected to generate approximately seven million euros.
                    WTF?????
                    when the club insinuates you are the LEFT ARSE CHEEK OF A BUFFALO, then its time to pack your bags & leave.
                    Now, had it been the balls of a buffalo, ... well, we could argue.
                    but left arse cheek?
                    Thats bloody disrespectful

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                      bUt PrEmIeR lEaGuE iS nUmBeR 1. I don't get the appeal of bottom table prem over cl teams in lower ranked leagues
                      There is nothing to get, as there is no such appeal. EPL without the foreign players and coaches is not much better than the Championship.

Gent is a better team, more competent coaching, nicer football, CL, better food, better beer, continental Europe. It beats playing for Brighton (or Rangers lol) in every conceivable way.

Leeds is a different story in that they have competent coaching. Bielsa is a competent coach who did wonders at Chile and now won the Championship.

Reminder: 2018-2019 Potter took a Swansea team that had just been demoted from EPL, and could only finish 10th in the Championship. Same season, Bielsa took a Leeds team that was in compete disarray and had finished 13th the prior season, and finished 3rd.

Potter fanboys take note. Yes, if you are looking for style, go watch figure skating. In football, RESULTS COUNT!!!
                      Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

EPL is extremely over-hyped & exaggerated ... simply bcoz of its extremely aggressive marketing across the globe, coupled with the accessibility of the english lingo & reach of english media. As well as the shitload of money that is poured into this league (mostly from the very same global markets).

The only appeal of EPL (at least for me) is not knowing which dumb crappy team will win the league.
                        Thats all.

If I want to watch stylish football or observe tactical performances or ... I have better teams & games to watch than these Koon-Nashosteh brit teams

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          He should leave .... ASAP.
                          no matter where or what club.

WTF?????
                          when the club insinuates you are the LEFT ARSE CHEEK OF A BUFFALO, then its time to pack your bags & leave.
                          Now, had it been the balls of a buffalo, ... well, we could argue.
                          but left arse cheek?
                          Thats bloody disrespectful

Agha calm yourself, the clubs nickname is Buffaloe and he plays left rear or defender.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                            I’m guessing one reason is the wages, even high teams in lower ranked teams can’t keep up with the wages that can be offered in the Premier League.
                            Plus for these clubs an offer from a Premier League club means good money for them that is hard to turn down.
                            On the players side a lot of them probably have grown up watching the Premier League on the TV and kept up with it and it’s a league that they want to play in.

Comment

Lol!!!!!!!!!

Good one!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                                I would be delighted with another Iranian "playing" in EPL. However, Bielsa is a fitness freak and runs very training heavy off season, few rest days and very intensive match plans. Many players get injuries in the long term. In fact the main criticism against Bielsa and the major reason why he is more famous than successful is that his teams don't last the season. Milad could either turn into a beast or a broken body! That is IF finally one of these zillion rumors becomes true.
                                Perfect as Milad is arguably our fittest and most athletic footballer, although I would say Sardar is on par and Taremi is very close behind. But Milad's ability to unlock that extra 10 percent on a run or in his aerial game (particularly given he isn't particularly tall) is amazing. He is a fine footballer who just needs to work on decision making and tactical awareness in attacks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X