This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn missed the game again.
    Figured that Away goal Adv. gonna bite them in da ass..!
    I have no qualms with his defensive game, it’s top notch ..! I haven’t seen him action since the last TM game, wonder how much if any has he refined & improved his offensive game of late !!??
    It’s hard to describe but his general offensive & approach has always lacked a certain bit of Sophistication of sorts ..!? It’s like it’s way too amateurish & easy to predict, Not Layered enough & somewhat easily controlled ......!
    this may sound harsh, but I don’t recall much of really standout offensive Technique or Trait in his attacking & combination game down the LW besides his phenomenal pace, off course ...!?
    Last edited by BacheLot; 02-27-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      I have no qualms with his defensive game, it’s top notch ..! I haven’t seen him action since the last TM game, wonder how much if any has he refined & improved his offensive game of late !!??
      It’s hard to describe but his general offensive & approach has always lacked a certain bit of Sophistication of sorts ..!? It’s like it’s way too amateurish & easy to predict, Not Layered enough & somewhat easily controlled ......!
      this may sound harsh, but I don’t recall much of really standout offensive Technique or Trait in his attacking & combination game down the LW besides his phenomenal pace, off course ...!?

I mean I agree he doesnt have anything sophisticated offensively.

His pace and work rate simply allows him to give gent (or whatever team he plays on) a numerical advantage.

At least when milad plays, he makes a lot of overlapping runs and frequently pulls away defenders by doing so allowing gent more space at the top of the box.

His crosses have improved to the point where I can say that a good proportion of them cause danger and have been a little less predictable.

In the past, his crosses were either too slow or too high, but this season he hits a lot more quick and low crosses, and his high crosses tend to connect with the strikers. Still, its a work in progress.

However, parts of his game which are definitely new to his game and only been seen this season.
      -He takes a lot more shots, hes hit maybe 5-10 volleys really well from a more central position this season and almost all of them were hit with good strength and were on target.
      -He also makes a lot more thru/deep passes to the attackers and his success at doing so is actually pretty good.
      -He wins a lot more headers than you would expect for somebody his height, especially this season.

Truth be told I think he will continue to improve at gent, even in this short half season his improvement is significant.
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Interesting notes Keon I always thought Milad’s crosses were always too low and just inaccurate at least for TM that was what I observed not sure about his time with akhmat. Glad to hear he’s worked on it though that’s what separates European pedigree players from PGPL players who don’t work on their weaknesses
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

well he is not a standout a technical player so he doesnt have that obvously. Defensively he is very sound and his pace alone, but also increasingly his shots and ability to also carry the ball at pace are making him an offensive threat, even if his threat is not particularly subtle or highly technical, it is still effective.

He acquitted himself well in Europa league this season, even though he was still gelling with team during group stage so he didnt play a ton. His match vs st ettiene away from hoe to seal qualification to next round was one of his best this season, also very solid in these two matches vs roma. It is a great experience for him to have this higher level competition.

Hopefully gent can get yaremchuk back and challenge brugge during the championship playoffs (teams 1-6) for the title at the end of the season. For now they are doing very well in second position in regular season.

Comment

Milad is defensively an absolute beast, and always has been. But still is struggling a little in terms of offensive play. What decisions to make, where to position himself etc.... It's odd because his anticipation is so good when he's in defensive.

I suppose that's why CQ preferred Hajsafi - because he offered a bit more of a repertoire when it comes to TM attacking as a team. And has the set pieces etc....

Still Milad I always say is our best defense player we have had for the best part of two decades and if he just becomes the marauding wing-back we know he can be then he will be absolutely amazing for us. Even if not, we have a true warrior who will lead the back line.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

its undeniable though watching him this season that his offense is truly improving as well. His long passing in particular was excellent tonight. He is not a naturally gifted crosser and he is working on that, his crosses are definitely getting into danger area more, one really good low cross that hit David today. In the last match vs roma he had a couple solid nice ones for depoitre. Had the long marauding run and shot with weaker foot that caused goal vs eupen. Had an assist the match before that. His performance against st ettiene away he was also fantastic in possession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvO94u0dCYE

at 1:27 is mohammadis excellent ground cross that davis nearly curled in to put gent ahead. IT would have been a wonderful assist. The change of pace and cross by milad was very good offensively.

somebody like moharrami is the flip side. A technically fantastic fullback with dribbling ability of a winger, ability to break opposition press with his runs with the ball at his feet alone, but unlike milad is not naturally a sturdy defender.

Comment

Ya pretty much my disappointment because he wont be looked at by top 5 league teams. As a fullback u gotta make some offensive runs. Hes a great player with potential, just wished he was more polished like u said

Comment

Yek farghi ke man didam miyoone Milad va Sadegh ine ke Milad dar toole baazi hamishe dor o baresh raa negah mikone ta bebine

harifhaa koja hastand va hamchening khate defai koja ast, Moharrami in kaar ra nemikone va dar faaze defai az nazare hamahangi ba

khate defai khob kaar nemikone. Baraye hamin harif be asooni poshte saresh faza peyda mikone.

Dar faaze hojomi vaghean ghavi ast, ham az nazare paskaari ham az nazare tekniki va takravi.

Agar betone rooye faaze defaaish kaar kone yek defae raaste toopi mishe baraye TM.
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    Ya pretty much my disappointment because he wont be looked at by top 5 league teams. As a fullback u gotta make some offensive runs. Hes a great player with potential, just wished he was more polished like u said
                    i think much of it could be in his head too..?
                    he is often hesitant and seems to lack the confidence to take on his immediate number down the wing and if with nothing, just with a speed move..!!
                    its like he is too fearful of loosing possession and get hit back on a counter ..!!? but his maddening pace coupled with often commendable work-rate should give him all the confidence he need to amend even if he were to be dispossessed and plenty of time to still get back and attend to his defensive duties..! he could look up to Kaebi ....dude had half his size and physiques but fearless and didnt back off from challenging anyone on the pitch (insert pic of karate kick to FIgo's face )

its funny we got Rezaie down the other wing who has the opposite problem with his approach to his wingplay (too cocky, occasionally delusional ) and we got Milmo who's frequently seem tentative and unsure ..!!

I think he first needs to sort this shit out in his head and become a more Assertive and confident attacking winger, the rest of the offensive skills can well be brushed up on in training and then they'll naturally fall into place slowly during games..!!

if he improves his offensive venom and polish up his attacking skills , like you said he could then quickly become a well-sought after LWB Target for elite teams of Europe..!! He sure looks to have what it takes physically to get there soon, he just have to grow some balls for it, more than anything else, imho..!!?

Comment

He's made for La Liga. Can see him in a Getafe/Espanyol level club. Easily top 5 Iranian player at the moment.

Dude was marking Dzeko on set pieces last night.

Also Gent Should have qualified. They dominated Roma in both games (the first game more so), but just couldn't finish. Very unlucky.

Comment

Italian and German teams generally dont care for Europa...not enough money. They rather focus on their leagues. Roma is battling for last CL spot as this year is a 3 horse race (juve lazio inter) so only 1 spot is available for CL. I wouldnt look too much into their performance against Gent.

Comment

i think much of it could be in his head too..?
                          he is often hesitant and seems to lack the confidence to take on his immediate number down the wing and if with nothing, just with a speed move..!!
                          its like he is too fearful of loosing possession and get hit back on a counter ..!!? but his maddening pace coupled with often commendable work-rate should give him all the confidence he need to amend even if he were to be dispossessed and plenty of time to still get back and attend to his defensive duties..! he could look up to Kaebi ....dude had half his size and physiques but fearless and didnt back off from challenging anyone on the pitch (insert pic of karate kick to FIgo's face )

its funny we got Rezaie down the other wing who has the opposite problem with his approach to his wingplay (too cocky, occasionally delusional ) and we got Milmo who's frequently seem tentative and unsure ..!!

I think he first needs to sort this shit out in his head and become a more Assertive and confident attacking winger, the rest of the offensive skills can well be brushed up on in training and then they'll naturally fall into place slowly during games..!!

if he improves his offensive venom and polish up his attacking skills , like you said he could then quickly become a well-sought after LWB Target for elite teams of Europe..!! He sure looks to have what it takes physically to get there soon, he just have to grow some balls for it, more than anything else, imho..!!?
                          Ya he certainly didnt want to make a fukk up so he was very cautious. Which is great if he is playing for Iran against Spain or Portugal but i seem to remember him being more offensive. It could have been his coach's orders for him not to push up.

It was interesting though 1st game all the Roma attacks were from Milad's side and he did solid and this game they seemed to have switched it up more to attack from the left

Comment

Comment

Comment

Cercle up 1-0 with a goal in the opening minute...

Comment

Working...
                                X