X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milux View Post
    the Belgian league seems a good place to start in Europe for our legioners
    It is. The level is not too high nor too low for young players to develop. Many teams from the top 4 leagues have affiliated teams in Belgium to send their players on loan.

In the past, United had such a deal with Antwerp, for instance Evans, Gibson played for Antwerp in the second division before they started to play as professionals for United.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

The problem with FEEDER leagues (leagues that feed rising stars to big leagues) like belgium, holland, championship, ... is that many players become very selfish & self oriented (mostly the africans. Not that I blame them though) to make a name for themselves & get a good contract/transfer to better teams/leagues.

That means a lot of teamwork and team tactics sacrificed as we see excessive show boating, selfish moves, ... that affect the overall quality of football there.
      sort of a dog eat dog situation in every game! Even if the other dog is your own teammate!

Comment

Starting! That’s incredible that in less than half a season he benched the club’s captain who’s been at the club since 2013!

Comment

Played the full 90 today in their win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I really hope our young players relinquish the joke league in IPL and move abroad.
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              The problem with FEEDER leagues (leagues that feed rising stars to big leagues) like belgium, holland, championship, ... is that many players become very selfish & self oriented (mostly the africans. Not that I blame them though) to make a name for themselves & get a good contract/transfer to better teams/leagues.

That means a lot of teamwork and team tactics sacrificed as we see excessive show boating, selfish moves, ... that affect the overall quality of football there.
              sort of a dog eat dog situation in every game! Even if the other dog is your own teammate!
              In analise badi nist, va yek nemonaash JB dar AZ Alkmaar ast ke reghabate miyoone Weghorst va Ali-Reza bood ke be hamdigar hamishe paas nemidadan. Aves, teame Mehrdad, ham injoori ast.

Amma HAMISHE injoori nist. Baraye mesal Charleroi zire Felice Mazzù yek gorohe besyaar hamahang bood va hame baraye team kaar mikardand.

Gent, teame Milad, ham manande yek goroh kaar mikone va donbale natijegiri ast, na khodnemaayi.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Won their Europa League group. They get 6.7m euros for reaching R32, which doesn't seem like much compared to CL, but thats more than half of what they spent over last summer

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                  Won their Europa League group. They get 6.7m euros for reaching R32, which doesn't seem like much compared to CL, but thats more than half of what they spent over last summer
                  I see them going far in Europa league.

They have a very talented squad, with enough depth, and have shown that they can deal with quality teams, even away from home.

Their away win against Wolfsburg was very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                    I see them going far in Europa league.

They have a very talented squad, with enough depth, and have shown that they can deal with quality teams, even away from home.

Their away win against Wolfsburg was very impressive.

Based on draw likelihood, Sporting is their most likely draw, then Getafe or Wolves. Every other pot 2 team besides Brugge and Wolfsburg are also possible draws.

I hope they can draw well

Comment

Based on draw likelihood, Sporting is their most likely draw, then Getafe or Wolves. Every other pot 2 team besides Brugge and Wolfsburg are also possible draws.
                      I hope they can draw well
                      How is it that sporting is their mlm most likely draw? I thought you have 2 different pots and there is an equal chance of drawing a certain team among all of them (of the other pot), obviously outside of the teams that you can't draw. Do they have a different system?

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                        How is it that sporting is their mlm most likely draw? I thought you have 2 different pots and there is an equal chance of drawing a certain team among all of them (of the other pot), obviously outside of the teams that you can't draw. Do they have a different system?
                        Certain teams can't draw eachother in the first round in addition to the pots. There are a lot of portugese teams in Gent's pot, so sporting being in the other has less possible oppononents since you can't draw your own country in the first round. The other team from your group is also excluded. Sporting is like a 9% the other teams are 6-8% so not a big difference

Comment

Certain teams can't draw eachother in the first round in addition to the pots. There are a lot of portugese teams in Gent's pot, so sporting being in the other has less possible oppononents since you can't draw your own country in the first round. The other team from your group is also excluded. Sporting is like a 9% the other teams are 6-8% so not a big difference
                          Ah I see what you mean.
                          Probably mathematically it's a bit more complicated than just excluding 3 Portuguese clubs for Sporting, as for example if Gent was the first team to be picked out of the bowl, I think, outside of Wolfsburg and Brugge, all other teams have a odd of 1/14 to be picked.

Comment

Comment

mohammadi played a good game but gent attacking players have been very wasteful today
                              Subbed off for an attacking midfielder in a desperate attempt to equalize or score
                              minute 79

pitch quality is horrible and really made this game suck for gent

Comment

milad was very solid yet again.

He gets up and down the pitch so fast. His pass selection in possession is much improved, dont think he lost the ball once today.

Another aspect of his game I see developing, not sure if this has been asked by coach or not, is his ability to win tackles and duels high up the pitch. Almost like a midfielder, gent forwards may lose ball but mohammadi is one of the first players to initiate press and win ball back still deep in opposition territory.

So much for the people that called him a benchwarmer, said that our problems on left side with milad were bigger than our problems on right side with ramin. Those people havent said anything for weeks in this thread...

One of the worst tendencies of iranians is to bring down the few Iranians who are actually doing something impressive and positive. Azmoun, Milad, majid are three of our most key players and performing in higher level teams respectably (more high level than guys like kaveh, gholi who are doing excellently at charleroi). What is the point of trying to minimize their accomplishments when we literally have nobody better... In milads case, the closest competition is supposedly naderi, nowhere near the level of play milad is currently displaying, or the level of competition he is playing against. In majids case, Kanaani has been completely benched by Perspolis...

Comment

Working...
                                X