This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
    Kaveh Rezaei and Payam Sadeghian were the two stars of our history making 2009 U17 team, with the latter probably the more talented one.

10 years on we can clearly see a perfect example of the huge difference professional attitude and work ethic makes to the career progress of a footballer!
    Beating Netherlands and drawing Colombia in the group stages of a world cup...!

Amazing that Sadeghian was the captain.

Comment

So happy for him. The third goal was pure class.

Fans chanting his name after the game:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyQSIm4QgNM

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        Kaveh Rezaei and Payam Sadeghian were the two stars of our history making 2009 U17 team, with the latter probably the more talented one.

10 years on we can clearly see a perfect example of the huge difference professional attitude and work ethic makes to the career progress of a footballer!
        He joined the Europe very late just like Taremi, he was probably the most famous player of our youth system even from age of 13-14, I am happy for him but his potential was higher than a mid table Belge league club.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          the reverse ball gholi played for Kaveh first goal was excellent too.
          So many offensive options all in great form these days. ARJ back to his best nearly, Kaveh, Gholi, Taremi, Mehrdad Mohammadi. Zenit and azmoun soon to return to league action, milad as left back improving a ton offensively as well.
          Imagine if this team doesnt make it to the WC.. Honestly individually speaking, this has to be the best TM ever.. Imagine if CQ was still our coach..
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
            Imagine if this team doesnt make it to the WC.. Honestly individually speaking, this has to be the best TM ever.. Imagine if CQ was still our coach..
            Um... all these players were available to CQ when he was our coach. Matter of fact he refused to call-up Rezaei.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              Um... all these players were available to CQ when he was our coach. Matter of fact he refused to call-up Rezaei.
              no he didnt, he got his fair shot....imo..!
              he called and played him a few times but we simply have a very crowed frontline and he just didnt have any standout enough TM features to over-shadow the obvious Sardar and Taremi first choices and off course even decent form Gucci was still in contention for Striker position during the time he was invited ..!

i think coulda possibly featured more in CQ's TM if he had tried his luck at CAM position ?? cause we had plenty of Winger Attackers options too..!

I still think his immense work-rate and general attacking prowess makes him a good make-shift CAM option or Drop-back striker/#10 role, if Dragan decides on need for such..?? He stands little, if any chance of ever unseating Sardar too nokeh hamle....so he'd have to adapt to another position to get more features in TM's general attacking front..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                no he didnt, he got his fair shot....imo..!
                he called and played him a few times but we simply have a very crowed frontline and he just didnt have any standout enough TM features to over-shadow the obvious Sardar and Taremi first choices and off course even decent form Gucci was still in contention for Striker position during the time he was invited ..!

i think coulda possibly featured more in CQ's TM if he had tried his luck at CAM position ?? cause we had plenty of Winger Attackers options too..!

I still think his immense work-rate and general attacking prowess makes him a good make-shift CAM option or Drop-back striker/#10 role, if Dragan decides on need for such..?? He stands little, if any chance of ever unseating Sardar too nokeh hamle....so he'd have to adapt to another position to get more features in TM's general attacking front..!
                Maybe I should have rephrased that. QC refused to call Kaveh up for any games that mattered. Left out of the WC qualifiers 2nd round, out of the World cup, and the Asian cup (although I believe he wasn't 100% fit for that).

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8UQsAfFy8D/

Kaveh's full highlights from the match yesterday. All three goals were excellent, but his instant adjustment and no hesitation finish for the third was really high class. Knew where the bottom corner was without even looking, curled it in around the defenders perfectly.

Comment

Maybe I should have rephrased that. QC refused to call Kaveh up for any games that mattered. Left out of the WC qualifiers 2nd round, out of the World cup, and the Asian cup (although I believe he wasn't 100% fit for that).
                    To be fair, Taremi literally carried Team Melli in some games and was unbenchable in the WCQ for 2018.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        I like where you're going with this haaji but I'd do the oposite and come to think of it I'm surprised nobody here talks about it more - trying out sardar as a CAM behind kaveh.....one of sardar's best skills is his play making ability especially with another striker who has a high work rate hence why him and dzyuba are a match made in heaven. that can be kaveh and sardar too - either playing side by side or IF anything, having sardar play just a tad bit behind kaveh. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this gets tested someway, somehow during the stretch of upcoming games.

at this point kaveh HAS to have a role in the team - we need to use an attacking minded lineup in every game if we want to have control of our WC fate and guys like kaveh, mehrdad mo, gholizadeh, etc. have to have some kind of role. very interested to see whar Dragan does here
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Sardar is a typical CF. He would not do well as a CAM. His dribbling/pace is no where near where it needs to be. Kaveh would make a better CAM.

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          I like where you're going with this haaji but I'd do the oposite and come to think of it I'm surprised nobody here talks about it more - trying out sardar as a CAM behind kaveh.....one of sardar's best skills is his play making ability especially with another striker who has a high work rate hence why him and dzyuba are a match made in heaven. that can be kaveh and sardar too - either playing side by side or IF anything, having sardar play just a tad bit behind kaveh. I wouldn't be surprised at all if this gets tested someway, somehow during the stretch of upcoming games.

at this point kaveh HAS to have a role in the team - we need to use an attacking minded lineup in every game if we want to have control of our WC fate and guys like kaveh, mehrdad mo, gholizadeh, etc. have to have some kind of role. very interested to see whar Dragan does here

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post

Azmoun and Taremi form a much better partnership than Azmoun and Rezaei, besides the fact that Taremi is a much better forward than Rezaei.

Comment

That's because he rated Azmoun, Taremi and Ansarifard higher than Rezaei for the striker position (and rightfully so).

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                                That's because he rated Azmoun, Taremi and Ansarifard higher than Rezaei for the striker position (and rightfully so).
                                karim was vastly over-rated and pampered by CQ ...!! now that's one guy Khaveh certainly always was a head and shoulder above, in nearly every aspect of footballing talent considered ..!!
                                another avg. bordering tokhmy, over-used player by CQ was Haj Safi..!! imo and towards the end Amiri...!!
                                but i suppose all coaches have their peculiarities , prejudices and favorites..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X