July 17 - DRAW - FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifier & AFC A2023 Asian Cup Qualifier - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: July 17 - DRAW - FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifier & AFC A2023 Asian Cup Qualifier

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by shahabGAOL View Post
    In the next round Final quielers we will got tougher*teams
    Yeah but he means we should prep for those tougher teams with some tough opponents now, which I agree with.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,842 Posts
    I wouldnt mind the following group either:

Iran, Uzbekistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Bangladesh. Thats a tough group and we'd be ready for next round.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    That Group would be my favorite one:

1. Iran
    2. Iraq (need to put them on their place)
    3 Philippines
    4. Myanmar
    5. Cambodia

I choose Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia since we haven't played them at all or very rarely. Its always great to face new opponents, increase Experience by facing new challenges and get to know more about the variety of Asian Football Culture.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 815 Posts
    live stream

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    - They´d try!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to saeed_noro For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Hardest group for Iran will be if we get grouped with one of these teams

Pot 2 - Iraq,Uzbekistan,Oman or Jordan ,
    Pot 3 - Palestine and Tailand
    Pot 4 - Turkeminstan, Kuwait
    Pot 5 - Indonesia,Singapour

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,842 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarbaz View Post
    Hardest group for Iran will be if we get grouped with one of these teams

Pot 2 - Iraq,Uzbekistan,Oman or Jordan ,
    Pot 3 - Palestine and Tailand
    Pot 4 - Turkeminstan, Kuwait
    Pot 5 - Indonesia,Singapour
    Is Kuwait still good? I havent heard about them in years

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    Is Kuwait still good? I havent heard about them in years
    I think you answered your own question =)

Power Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Am I the only one that wants a tough group? give us the toughest possible one!
    I want an easy one considering only the 1st placed teams from each group and the top four 2nd placed teams can qualify for the final round.

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,077 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tmfan View Post
    I want an easy one considering only the 1st placed teams from each group and the top four 2nd placed teams can qualify for the final round.
    Plus an "easy" group would give Wilmots a chance to trial some young, up & coming players prior to the final rounds of qualifications. There won't be room for "experimenting" when we play the likes of SK, Japan, Australia.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,844 Times in 4,517 Posts
    I don’t care who we get, we will beat them any opponents from the other pots.

And yes, I realize this was a cocky comment. But as someone who says we shouldn’t underestimate any opponent, I strongly believe we can wreck any opponent from those pots.

I waited 4 years to say this. I never said anything cocky before the 2014 World Cup and through to 2017. But 2017 and onwards, with the integration of young talent into Team Melli by Carlos Queiroz my confidence grew. Especially after Iran vs Russia and Iran vs Algeria. I started to see Iran as a top dog up there alongside the likes of Japan and South Korea. And with the arrival of Marc Wilmots I am confident we will get through this round with relative ease.

HOWEVER, that being said, I am NOT saying we should take it easy. We go at all the teams with FULL FORCE as we did against Syria. So don’t mistake what I meant as in we score a goal and just hold the ball.

The first match under the new coach is always a hard one. It doesn’t matter which team we face. And Wilmots put his team together well enough to manhandle Syria and defeat them 5-0 after over a decade. So if this is the result of his FIRST match, just imagine how Team Melli will be when the boys get acclimated with the new offensive system Wilmots is putting into place.
    Iran - 2018 FIFA World Cup (Trailer):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 252

You do not have permission to view the list of names.