Pot 2 - Iraq,Uzbekistan,Oman or Jordan ,
    Pot 3 - Palestine and Tailand
    Pot 4 - Turkeminstan, Kuwait
    Pot 5 - Indonesia,Singapour
    Is Kuwait still good? I havent heard about them in years

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      Is Kuwait still good? I havent heard about them in years
      I think you answered your own question =)

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        Am I the only one that wants a tough group? give us the toughest possible one!
        I want an easy one considering only the 1st placed teams from each group and the top four 2nd placed teams can qualify for the final round.

Comment

Originally posted by tmfan View Post
          I want an easy one considering only the 1st placed teams from each group and the top four 2nd placed teams can qualify for the final round.
          Plus an "easy" group would give Wilmots a chance to trial some young, up & coming players prior to the final rounds of qualifications. There won't be room for "experimenting" when we play the likes of SK, Japan, Australia.

Comment

I don’t care who we get, we will beat them any opponents from the other pots.

And yes, I realize this was a cocky comment. But as someone who says we shouldn’t underestimate any opponent, I strongly believe we can wreck any opponent from those pots.

I waited 4 years to say this. I never said anything cocky before the 2014 World Cup and through to 2017. But 2017 and onwards, with the integration of young talent into Team Melli by Carlos Queiroz my confidence grew. Especially after Iran vs Russia and Iran vs Algeria. I started to see Iran as a top dog up there alongside the likes of Japan and South Korea. And with the arrival of Marc Wilmots I am confident we will get through this round with relative ease.

HOWEVER, that being said, I am NOT saying we should take it easy. We go at all the teams with FULL FORCE as we did against Syria. So don’t mistake what I meant as in we score a goal and just hold the ball.

The first match under the new coach is always a hard one. It doesn’t matter which team we face. And Wilmots put his team together well enough to manhandle Syria and defeat them 5-0 after over a decade. So if this is the result of his FIRST match, just imagine how Team Melli will be when the boys get acclimated with the new offensive system Wilmots is putting into place.

Comment

I want the hardest opponents from each pot. This will help our team as sanctions our preventing us to get decent friendlies, the least we can get are tougher opponents like Uzbekistan.

Comment

Love to see

Iran
                Iraq/Uzbekistan
                Bahrain
                Kuwait
                Indonesia

But i think we get something like this:

Iran
                Vietnam
                Chinese Taipei
                Turkmenistan
                Guam

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                  Love to see

Iran
                  Iraq/Uzbekistan
                  Bahrain
                  Kuwait
                  Indonesia

But i think we get something like this:

Iran
                  Vietnam
                  Chinese Taipei
                  Turkmenistan
                  Guam
                  I like the first one because it’s tougher and more fun to watch. I’d love to see another Iran vs Bahrain.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    I like the first one because it’s tougher and more fun to watch. I’d love to see another Iran vs Bahrain.
                    yeap

Iran vs bahrain
                    Iran vs Iraq
                    Iran vs kuwait

All three will be hot. we had problem with kuwait and then bahrain and now iraq.

Comment

I hope for an easy group. don't be cocky, we have a new coach, he needs time and this first round qualifier is sometimes very hard

you guys remember the last time ? when we were down by 1 goal in Oman ? before Jalal Hosseini's equalizer in Muscat our qualification was pretty much in danger. and you can't count on being one of the best 2nd placers, we have to win the group

Comment

The draw starts in 30 mins

Comment

Will it be live on YouTube?

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                            Will it be live on YouTube?
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxHZ-b2d44

Comment

Seond round should have 36 teams drawn into six groups of six with top two going into the third round. It will ve more exciting than what it already is.

Comment

Yes we got Iraq!! Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Hong Kong, Cambodia!

Comment

Working...
                                X