No announcement yet.

July 17 - DRAW - FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifier & AFC A2023 Asian Cup Qualifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 17 - DRAW - FIFA 2022 World Cup Qualifier & AFC A2023 Asian Cup Qualifier

The draw will be held July 17th:

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - 5:00pm
    Toronto, Canada - 5:0am
    Los Angeles, USA - 2:00am
    Tehran, Iran - 1:30pm
    London, UK - 10:00am
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

I hope we get an very easy group! Like Guam or Maldives or some small islands. I am looking forward to tommorw.

Is there any information on which pot we are? And what is the pot of all the nations? I think we are in pot A at top-side.

Pots for the 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers draw

I find:
    Pot 1: Iran, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, China

Pot 2: Iraq, Uzbekistan, Syria, Oman, Lebanon, Kyrgyz Republic, Vietnam, Jordan

Pot 3: Palestine, India, Bahrain, Thailand, Tajikistan, North Korea, Chinese Taipei, Philippines

Pot 4: Turkmenistan, Myanmar, Hong Kong, Yemen, Afghanistan, Maldives, Kuwait, Malaysia

Pot 5: Indonesia, Singapore, Nepal, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Mongolia, Guam, Sri Lanka

Inshalal we are going to the World Cup 2022 with Wilmots and make a suprise over there!

Comment

I hope:

1. Iran
      2. Kyrgyz Republic
      3. Tajikistan
      4. Maldives
      5. Guam

We will win all! Last time we played 19:0 Guam and Maldives 17:0 we won. If we get even Afghanistan we will win easy

Wilmots wants an attacking Iran

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
        I hope:

1. Iran
        2. Kyrgyz Republic
        3. Tajikistan
        4. Maldives
        5. Guam

We will win all! Last time we played 19:0 Guam and Maldives 17:0 we won. If we get even Afghanistan we will win easy

Wilmots wants an attacking Iran
        This would be amazing, not only from the ease of the group, but for avoiding corrupt federations who can influence the outcome of the games

Comment

Iran, Vietnam, India, Turkmenistan, Guam would be good.

Vietnam and Turkmenistan will keep us sharp, Guam and India will allow us to test different line ups while being decent football associations. I really liked Vietnam in the Asian Cup, quality side and didn't play dirty. Turkmenistan has been decent when we've played them. Guam will be good for testing young players, India will be good for players who are breaking into the main squad.

Comment

I've always wondered what our players preferred in these kind of groups.
            Some may say the Arab teams because it's closer to home but some may not like them because of how dirty and tough they play.

I would like us to play more East Asian teams like Vietnam, Chinese Taipai, Hong Kong, etc so our players can get some exposure to new cultures and places

Comment

I actually don't want Guam. American owned. There's room for Trump or whoever to deny visas to our players like they did last time.

Iran, Vietnam, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Bangladesh.

On an unrelated note I would also like the following group:

Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Palestine, Malaysia, Indonesia

Comment

Everyone here wants an easy group. I understand why. But does anyone think a tougher group might be better to make sure we test our athletes/formations/lineups in preparation for future matches?

Comment

Am I the only one that wants a tough group? give us the toughest possible one!
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                    Everyone here wants an easy group. I understand why. But does anyone think a tougher group might be better to make sure we test our athletes/formations/lineups in preparation for future matches?
                    In the next round Final quielers we will got tougher*teams

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
                      In the next round Final quielers we will got tougher*teams
                      Yeah but he means we should prep for those tougher teams with some tough opponents now, which I agree with.

Comment

I wouldnt mind the following group either:

Iran, Uzbekistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Bangladesh. Thats a tough group and we'd be ready for next round.

Comment

That Group would be my favorite one:

1. Iran
                          2. Iraq (need to put them on their place)
                          3 Philippines
                          4. Myanmar
                          5. Cambodia

I choose Philippines, Myanmar and Cambodia since we haven't played them at all or very rarely. Its always great to face new opponents, increase Experience by facing new challenges and get to know more about the variety of Asian Football Culture.

Comment

live stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxHZ-b2d44
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

Hardest group for Iran will be if we get grouped with one of these teams

Pot 2 - Iraq,Uzbekistan,Oman or Jordan ,
                              Pot 3 - Palestine and Tailand
                              Pot 4 - Turkeminstan, Kuwait
                              Pot 5 - Indonesia,Singapour

Comment

Working...
                              X