Iran wants to fire Marc Wilmots

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Iran wants to fire Marc Wilmots

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Iran wants to fire Marc Wilmots

Meet your Persian Love Today
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I just hear from my Dutch friend!! They want to fire Marc Wilmots!! It is my happiest day in my life!

All news in Belgium. This guy is terrible and not on Carlos Qurioz level! I still hope a mircle that Carlos Qurioz would be back in Tehran

The successor is already ready the news saying Branco Ivanovic!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to shahabGAOL For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,239 Times in 8,625 Posts
    Don’t know if to cry or to be happy. Branko is another tactical clueless coach that won’t take us any further, despite his respectable achievements with Perspolis in the ACL. But if I had to choose between bad (Branko) and worse (Wilmots), I would go for Branko.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,686 Times in 6,522 Posts
    They’re not going to fire him for not meeting his contractual obligations.
    Wilmots can complain about not being paid, but he eventually did get paid. Once wilmots stopped coming to Iran, organizing camps, ... IFF had opportunity to fire him without penalty.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    They’re not going to fire him for not meeting his contractual obligations.
    Wilmots can complain about not being paid, but he eventually did get paid. Once wilmots stopped coming to Iran, organizing camps, ... IFF had opportunity to fire him without penalty.
    Here is a summary of events, according to Belgian media:
    * IFF and Wilmots mutually agreed to terminate the contract.
    * IFF is going to pay off Wilmots his contract.
    * Cause of the contract termination is the bad relationship between IFF and Wilmots as a result of recent performances and issues about salary.
    * The contract termination seems already done, it is believed that Branko will be the new coach.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,788 Times in 3,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    Here is a summary of events, according to Belgian media:
    * IFF and Wilmots mutually agreed to terminate the contract.
    * IFF is going to pay off Wilmots his contract.
    * Cause of the contract termination is the bad relationship between IFF and Wilmots as a result of recent performances and issues about salary.
    * The contract termination seems already done, it is believed that Branko will be the new coach.
    As much as I wouldn’t want to see branko as TM coach I do think he is one of the few realistic candidates who can step in and get the job done. He inherited Persepolis who was in shambles and won 3 titles in a row so putting him in a crisis-like situation isn’t foreign to him
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 4,365 Posts
    branko himself said he wont be coaching national team again.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 520 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    branko himself said he wont be coaching national team again.
    Yes but we saw how he acted like a snake before the WC and bashed TM and CQ. I'm worried if he comes in he'll play all PP players !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to scuderia For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,014 Times in 4,908 Posts

Me reacting to these news after hearing he's getting fired and then finding out Branko will be his replacement, even though Branko can't be worse than him (still a bad choice though).

15. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Camran khan For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,042 Times in 708 Posts
    CQ told us all! Branko is definitely not as bad as Wilmots, I never in my 32 years remember Iran playing as bad as they did against Iraq but I don't recall many world class performances under Branko either. Branko tactically is weak and with Perspolis he had a great squad, great defence and the best keeper in Iran that took him all the way to the CL final where he showed that he's useless. Biggest positive is that he knows our players very well and that's important. I would personally have preferred Yahya.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Salar For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    Thanks

BREAKING NEWS: Iran wants to fire Marc Wilmots

For these 4 games Branko is probably sufficient, but we will seriously struggle in the final stage of WCQ and beyond with him in charge. The ACL final was a perfect example of Branko’s tactical inabilities, Kashima coach completely outclassed him in those two games.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 316

You do not have permission to view the list of names.