• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Omid, smart move
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Good move Omid!

Does he have to give up his Iranian passport or what?

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        Good move Omid!

Does he have to give up his Iranian passport or what?
        I don't think that would make any sense. This is not the spirit of football or international norms. There are multiple dual citizens who end up choosing 1 nation to play for, and I've never heard of any having to give up the other nation's passport.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          I don't think that would make any sense. This is not the spirit of football or international norms. There are multiple dual citizens who end up choosing 1 nation to play for, and I've never heard of any having to give up the other nation's passport.
          That's the whole point of this issue.
          India does not accept dual citizenship.
          Even Indian citizens who get Foreign citizenship have to give up their Indian passports.
          They make you choose one.
          Its to avoid foreigners from buying land and property in India.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            That's the whole point of this issue.
            India does not accept dual citizenship.
            Even Indian citizens who get Foreign citizenship have to give up their Indian passports.
            They make you choose one.
            Its to avoid foreigners from buying land and property in India.
            But how can you be a foreigner if you have an Indian passport? This seems to be a really silly rule by India.

Comment

But how can you be a foreigner if you have an Indian passport? This seems to be a really silly rule by India.
              Imagine someone only gets the citizenship specifically to buy up land cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                Imagine someone only gets the citizenship specifically to buy up land cheap.
                Or just have a law that says you can't buy property/land unless you have lived in India for X amount of time and have an Indian passport (without having to give up your other passport). Silly, silly rule.

Comment

Or just have a law that says you can't buy property/land unless you have lived in India for X amount of time and have an Indian passport (without having to give up your other passport). Silly, silly rule.
                  I am pretty sure they have even more restrictions based on my discussions with Indians who own quite a bit of land back in India.
                  Keep in mind India was nearly a communist country for a while.

Comment

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/footb...le31262170.ece

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarcusMer...11454515875840

Omid Singh to East Bengal is a done deal. (Looks like he will eventually play for India)

Comment

Working...
                    X