Omid Singh's dilemma - Lose his Iranian passport to play for India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
    What does that have to do with the things Al Doust is saying?

Secondly, football is a team sport, so the whole team qualified through their efforts.
    I believe all Al Doust said is that Iran has nothing to offer him. He most likely meant in the "football" realm, which is true, we can't offer him much because he isnt even our Top 20 when it comes to Iranian midfielders. He will never be close. He also needs a salary and as contentious as it is.. IPL has a poor record paying players and coaches alike.

You assumed he meant the country, the people etc which isn't true.

Plenty of TM players who are/were titans of nationalism themselves have traveled and may live in other countries now. Are they less Iranian now?

Comment

Perspolis, i reckon you have problems with comprehensive reading, i've noticed that in the past as well when discussing. Here is what Ali Doust said:

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      I would move to India ASAP. What does Iran have to offer him?
      Now let's analyse this piece of text. First of all he is saying: i would move to India ASAP. Meaning that if he was in Omid Singh's position he would've moved out of Iran, yesterday. Here he is also implying that Iran is a horrible place, and given the opportunity he would've move out as fast as he can, even if it's incredible India where you get diarrhea from eating bread. Anywho what this piece of text shows us is Ali Doust's opportunistic nature, obviously he is not Omid Singh, but he is letting us know what he would do if he was in his position. I'm not saying it is wrong to be opportunistic, i'm just wondering why someone who thinks and acts like Ali Doust still wants to call himself Iranian and not assimilate in whichever great country he lives in? He is asking what does Iran have to offer him, but what we need in Iran is the mentality of what can we offer Iran. Otherwise you're nothing better than the Mullahs we all despise. Later he also mentions that Omid Singh is not receiving his salary. Revoking your Iranian nationality means you can never visit Iran again, and that you are no longer an Iranian, at least on paper. It is a big decision, that must be carefully made. For people like Ali Doust getting better opportunities elsewhere and allegedly not receiving your salary for a few months is reason enough to cease being Iranian, when better opportunities arise, give up your Iranian nationality he says, as if it means nothing.

Which begs the question, knowing that opportunistic characters such as Ali Dousti live outside of Iran, why they bother visting an Iranian football forum and spread their negative views on Iran? We have too many Ali Doust type of people in and outside of Iran, people who only want to take and give nothing. Instead of saying what can i offer Iran, they say what has Iran offered to me? Tomorrow when there is a war in Iran these people will run away and have only taken and not given anything to our country. They are useless, only thing they bring is their negative stance on Iran, nothing more, and that's a dangerous mentality to have for us.

Comment

Perspolis, i reckon you have problems with comprehensive reading, i've noticed that in the past as well when discussing. Here is what Ali Doust said:

Now let's analyse this piece of text. First of all he is saying: i would move to India ASAP. Meaning that if he was in Omid Singh's position he would've moved out of Iran, yesterday. Here he is also implying that Iran is a horrible place, and given the opportunity he would've move out as fast as he can, even if it's incredible India where you get diarrhea from eating bread. Anywho what this piece of text shows us is Ali Doust's opportunistic nature, obviously he is not Omid Singh, but he is letting us know what he would do if he was in his position. I'm not saying it is wrong to be opportunistic, i'm just wondering why someone who thinks and acts like Ali Doust still wants to call himself Iranian and not assimilate in whichever great country he lives in? He is asking what does Iran have to offer him, but what we need in Iran is the mentality of what can we offer Iran. Otherwise you're nothing better than the Mullahs we all despise. Later he also mentions that Omid Singh is not receiving his salary. Revoking your Iranian nationality means you can never visit Iran again, and that you are no longer an Iranian, at least on paper. It is a big decision, that must be carefully made. For people like Ali Doust getting better opportunities elsewhere and allegedly not receiving your salary for a few months is reason enough to cease being Iranian, when better opportunities arise, give up your Iranian nationality he says, as if it means nothing.

Which begs the question, knowing that opportunistic characters such as Ali Dousti live outside of Iran, why they bother visting an Iranian football forum and spread their negative views on Iran? We have too many Ali Doust type of people in and outside of Iran, people who only want to take and give nothing. Instead of saying what can i offer Iran, they say what has Iran offered to me? Tomorrow when there is a war in Iran these people will run away and have only taken and not given anything to our country. They are useless, only thing they bring is their negative stance on Iran, nothing more, and that's a dangerous mentality to have for us.
        Ok JFK. lets see what you have to offer your country.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Omid Singh's dilemma - Lose his Iranian passport to play for India

It’s not just him who perhaps thinks that way. Almost everyone I know who lives or has lived in Iran for a good amount of time thinks the same way. It’s due to the political pressure and domestic fraud within the country. People have forsaken their religion, country, culture and everything that comes with it because of what these mullahs have put Iran through. I know it’s not cool and it sounds horrible and cheap, but when you start thinking about the things these people go through on a daily basis, you start to understand where they’re coming from.

On a second note, people like me who’ve been away from Iran since their childhood and have spent summers and winters in Iran having fun and enjoying the best things our country offers, we are seeing a different side of things.

They’ve always told me, come live in Iran for a few years and let’s see if your love for your country is untouched. I don’t know what I would do tbh.

I recently was given the opportunity to give up my Iranian passport for a far better one but I just couldn’t come to side ways with my Iranian heritage. Call it stupid but I love my country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

And I've noticed you have tunnel vision when reading.

Omid Singh is 50% Indian. I can't speak for what he would do and between a choice to play in MLS or IPL I would personally take IPL for example. Then again I have no actual blood tie to the US, 100% Iranian thank you very much.

Is Ozil not Turkish anymore? He got married last month and paid for hundreds of Turkish kids food and medicine/surgeries.

Don't paint India in that light. If you don't like people criticizing Iran, dont do it to others. I'm sure there are 10x the number of Indian "sirvans" who take insults to India just as seriously(since they are a billion people).

I agree with you that Iranians should be as rigorously defensive of their country as the militant Israelis for example IN THE FACE OF FOREIGNERS... but you and I know that internal criticism has its place in improvement. A big reason that some bodies get away with corruption/money mismanagement is not being checked.

Imagine if we had a football media in Iran that didn't just make up tabloid stories and hashieh but actually pulled at the strings of real stories like 1) Where did our World cup money go? 2) Who are these agents that keep making bank by stagnating our league with recycling the same player contracts 1 year at a time etc. Would you say people should stop being so negative?

Lets keep it to football discussion though.

Comment

good for him. he should chose to play for India. hes 28 and wont get selected for TM anyway, and if he does he wont start. so why not go and play for the Indian National Team, dont get all the hate! its not about LETTING GO OF YOUR IROONI IDENTITY, its about making a professional decision to represent another country when given a chance. fathers country., so FEREYDOON ZANDI is a german traitor wanting to play for iran then? get a life guys

Comment

Originally posted by enikoravesh View Post
                good for him. he should chose to play for India. hes 28 and wont get selected for TM anyway, and if he does he wont start. so why not go and play for the Indian National Team, dont get all the hate! its not about LETTING GO OF YOUR IROONI IDENTITY, its about making a professional decision to represent another country when given a chance. fathers country., so FEREYDOON ZANDI is a german traitor wanting to play for iran then? get a life guys
                I think the main concern would be for him giving up his Iranian passport/citizenship and the problems that may come with that for him as someone who grew up and lives and works in Iran. It’s obviously a dilemma for him as he has to weigh up his options,I agree that it’s his choice though and has nothing to do with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
                  ...I recently was given the opportunity to give up my Iranian passport for a far better one but I just couldn’t come to side ways with my Iranian heritage. Call it stupid but I love my country.

You were offered indian citizenship as well? Looks like you rejected it

Comment

Jesus, you tried so hard to come off intelligent in this response after Perspolis put things into proper perspective for you and you failed MISERABLY lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit View Post
                      It’s not just him who perhaps thinks that way. Almost everyone I know who lives or has lived in Iran for a good amount of time thinks the same way. It’s due to the political pressure and domestic fraud within the country. People have forsaken their religion, country, culture and everything that comes with it because of what these mullahs have put Iran through. I know it’s not cool and it sounds horrible and cheap, but when you start thinking about the things these people go through on a daily basis, you start to understand where they’re coming from.

On a second note, people like me who’ve been away from Iran since their childhood and have spent summers and winters in Iran having fun and enjoying the best things our country offers, we are seeing a different side of things.

They’ve always told me, come live in Iran for a few years and let’s see if your love for your country is untouched. I don’t know what I would do tbh.

I recently was given the opportunity to give up my Iranian passport for a far better one but I just couldn’t come to side ways with my Iranian heritage. Call it stupid but I love my country.

well said this is my exact thoughts and my family has told me the same when I always talk about how much I love Iran. I've said it from the beginning and I'll say it again, Singh should jump on this opportunity
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

One never loses iranian citizenship. you might give up your passport but can easily get it back. i have a zartoshti background friend in india who is born in india, his father was born in iran. He has evidence of that and recently went to iranian embassy in delhi and he was given iranian id cards for him and his kids. he said it was so easy and no hassle at all.

i would think the only problem Omid will have is that he wont be able to travel to iran on an indian passport.

Comment

Iran star Omid Singh accepts India national team invitation, jersey number decided

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...umber-decided/

Recent reports stated that new Indian head coach Igor Stimac was looking to bring in Omid Singh, an Iran-born footballer of Indian descent. It came to light that Singh held an Indian passport, which enabled him to represent India at an international level. The player himself has had his say.

“I liked to play for Iran national football team, but I was not invited to Team Melli. At the moment, Iran are one of the best teams in Asia and it’s hard to be part of the team. Mr Stimac called me and I accepted to play for India,” Singh was quoted saying to the Tehran Times.

“I am not familiar with the Indian football team but I know that they have progressed a lot in recent years. David James, Robert Pires, Nicolas Anelka, Roberto Carlos and Zico have played in Indian league in the past years,” he said.

Meanwhile, talks between the two parties see to be heading in a positive direction, with the player revealing that he has even been asked to choose a number.

“I always wear #7, but they want to hand me #17. I hope they give me #7 in India,” Singh said.

Furthermore, the 28-year-old commented on India’s status in terms of Asian football, saying that the sport has come a long way.

“India are a rising team in Asia and can compete with the continent’s giants. The team will not surely lose to South Korea with six goals. They have invested in the development of football in recent years.

“Many Iranians are unhappy with my decision, but I am going to make them proud. My father is an Indian, however, I was born in Iran,”
                          he said.

Meanwhile, no official comment has been made by the Indian Football Team.

Comment

He’s probably been reading this forum.

Comment

He made the right choice. Wish him all the best.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Iran star Omid Singh accepts India national team invitation, jersey number decided
                                https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...umber-decided/
                                Recent reports stated that new Indian head coach Igor Stimac was looking to bring in Omid Singh, an Iran-born footballer of Indian descent. It came to light that Singh held an Indian passport, which enabled him to represent India at an international level. The player himself has had his say.
                                “I liked to play for Iran national football team, but I was not invited to Team Melli. At the moment, Iran are one of the best teams in Asia and it’s hard to be part of the team. Mr Stimac called me and I accepted to play for India,” Singh was quoted saying to the Tehran Times.
                                “I am not familiar with the Indian football team but I know that they have progressed a lot in recent years. David James, Robert Pires, Nicolas Anelka, Roberto Carlos and Zico have played in Indian league in the past years,” he said.
                                Meanwhile, talks between the two parties see to be heading in a positive direction, with the player revealing that he has even been asked to choose a number.
                                “I always wear #7, but they want to hand me #17. I hope they give me #7 in India,” Singh said.
                                Furthermore, the 28-year-old commented on India’s status in terms of Asian football, saying that the sport has come a long way.
                                “India are a rising team in Asia and can compete with the continent’s giants. The team will not surely lose to South Korea with six goals. They have invested in the development of football in recent years.

“Many Iranians are unhappy with my decision, but I am going to make them proud. My father is an Indian, however, I was born in Iran,”
                                he said.
                                Meanwhile, no official comment has been made by the Indian Football Team.
                                he made a smart move, he was not getting in iran team, hence playing for india is a good way to earn international caps. dejagah did it for iran also after he knew he would not get in germany team

Comment

Working...
                                X