Omid Singh's dilemma - Lose his Iranian passport to play for India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
    Is that why Arzani, Behrangi, Irandust, Eskandarian opted to play for a different country, because they considered Iran being a crappy NT? India has a lot of talent abroad, and this could become the start of a great project for Stimac. If other Indians unite (from other countries) and opt to play for India, they could become a powerhouse within months rather than years.
    No they can't. They don't really have any good diaspora fans.
    Most expat Indians end up following basketball or football on TV, but rarely do you see them actually participate in football.

Comment

Is that why Arzani, Behrangi, Irandust, Eskandarian opted to play for a different country, because they considered Iran being a crappy NT? India has a lot of talent abroad, and this could become the start of a great project for Stimac. If other Indians unite (from other countries) and opt to play for India, they could become a powerhouse within months rather than years.
      Bro, when have you EVER seen a team suddenly become a powerhouse within months?

Even European countries which invest way more in football, and have way better talent, take years of development and building to become a powerhouse.

What makes you thin India can do this within months?

Comment

in theory they have the potential but I don't think it would make a difference - I live in London and there are millions of Indians/Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in this country but hardly any of them become pro football players, even in lower leagues
        https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8283736.html
        does anyone know about Dadash Omid's background, I remember the commentator mentioning that his Indian baba worked as a technician in an oil field which makes sense because he's born in Khuzestan..
        I liked the way he played for Pars Jonoobi last year..

Comment

Fair point but remember, guys like Arzani, Behrangi, Irandust, Eskandarian etc NEVER had to give up their citizenship just to play for Iran. This is something that the Indian federation is requiring which is extreme.

Why would a guy like Omid Singh give up his Iranian identity, through his citizenship just at a chance for an international career? He is a very solid PGPL player and it just isn't in his best interest for him to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by persianballer View Post
            iran doesnt allow dual citizenship either right but everyone has two passports?
            I believe Iran does allow dual citizenship actually. It appears that India is the one that doesn’t. Tough decision for him
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
              I would move to India ASAP. What does Iran have to offer him?
              Goodbye Omid Singh you will not be missed.

Goodbye Ali Doust you will not be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                Goodbye Omid Singh you will not be missed.

Goodbye Ali Doust you will not be missed.
                Im not indian. Dumbass
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by marand92 View Post
                  in theory they have the potential but I don't think it would make a difference - I live in London and there are millions of Indians/Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in this country but hardly any of them become pro football players, even in lower leagues
                  https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8283736.html
                  does anyone know about Dadash Omid's background, I remember the commentator mentioning that his Indian baba worked as a technician in an oil field which makes sense because he's born in Khuzestan..
                  I liked the way he played for Pars Jonoobi last year..
                  From what I know the main sport in India , Pakistan etc is cricket and same with the expats etc who live in the UK. The support is massive for them when they come over here to play Cricket. I think hockey is a big sport as well over there.

For me this guy has to realise what he is giving up and the long term effects of it , he is 28 and not guaranteed to play for the national side. He has to weigh up the complications he would have with giving up his passport etc with the chance to Maybe play for the Indian national side who lets face it are a long way from being one of the best teams in Asia.

For those in the know what would be the complications for him if he gave up his passport saying that he lives and works in Iran.

My opinion he shouldn’t do it , it’s not worth it.

Comment

Im not indian. Dumbass
                    I know, dimwit. It's just that people with your mentality and sentiment towards Iran are pretty useless. Other than negativity you bring nothing so why don't you assimilate in your host country already? What do you have to offer to Iran? Nothing that's what.

Comment

I know, dimwit. It's just that people with your mentality and sentiment towards Iran are pretty useless. Other than negativity you bring nothing so why don't you assimilate in your host country already? What do you have to offer to Iran? Nothing that's what.
                      Khafesho kesafat. I'm sure I have more to offer than you. Face the reality. Omid Singh is a nobody in Iran. In India he can be a national player. In Iran he probably hasn't been paid the last 6 months of playing. These are the facts that all our players face everyday. You want to deny that?
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Khafesho kesafat. I'm sure I have more to offer than you. Face the reality. Omid Singh is a nobody in Iran. In India he can be a national player. In Iran he probably hasn't been paid the last 6 months of playing. These are the facts that all our players face everyday. You want to deny that?
                        Omid singh has one indian parent, who himself lived in iran for a long time. He also was born in and grew up completely in Iran. Does he even speak hindi? I bet almost all of his friends and iranian as well. OFC, it would be difficult for him to revoke his iranian citizenship and his relationship with all of these people just for, realistically, a couple years max of playing with Indian NT.

Comment

Khafekhoon martike aldang. He hasn't been paid the last 6 months? First of all how do you know that, are you talking out of your smelly arse? Secondly, if not being paid by your club is reason enough for you to revoke your nationality, and thus cease being Iranian then gtfo dimwit. Like i said earlier people with your mentality are useless to us, only spread negativity and offer NOTHING. Stop calling yourself Iranian dipshit.

Comment

ENOUGH. No more back and forth insults. I don't want to warn again.

Comment

We only qualified to the 2014 World cup because of an Iranian living abroad coming back to serve his country.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                                We only qualified to the 2014 World cup because of an Iranian living abroad coming back to serve his country.
                                What does that have to do with the things Al Doust is saying?

Secondly, football is a team sport, so the whole team qualified through their efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X