Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Saman decided to settle so he can make an impression and hopefully get a better team in the EPL in the near future, it is very plausible. Positive vibes for Saman !

Comment

I think a more realistic look at things will help with the disappointment a lot of members here have:

Saman is great, an EU player, versatile, and yet, even some players who've absolutely torn up Ligue 1, still struggle when they make the move to a top 4 league. - Would anyone on here say Saman has even done so? Has he absolutely torn Ligue 1 apart?

The answer is a clear NO, so we can't call him an EPL or top 4 league quality player, until he proves it, by at least having one amazing season it in a relatively strong Euro League.

That being said, Championship is obviously not a top league, weaker than league 1, and sometimes you know how the saying goes: take one step back to take two steps forward.

He's going to a weaker league, so he can play even more, probably score more goals and be in the spotlight more, then can be noticed by a team in EPL or another top 4 League. - Much better than playing for a heavily struggling club, making it harder for him to showcase his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
        I think a more realistic look at things will help with the disappointment a lot of members here have:

Saman is great, an EU player, versatile, and yet, even some players who've absolutely torn up Ligue 1, still struggle when they make the move to a top 4 league. - Would anyone on here say Saman has even done so? Has he absolutely torn Ligue 1 apart?

The answer is a clear NO, so we can't call him an EPL or top 4 league quality player, until he proves it, by at least having one amazing season it in a relatively strong Euro League.

That being said, Championship is obviously not a top league, weaker than league 1, and sometimes you know how the saying goes: take one step back to take two steps forward.

He's going to a weaker league, so he can play even more, probably score more goals and be in the spotlight more, then can be noticed by a team in EPL or another top 4 League. - Much better than playing for a heavily struggling club, making it harder for him to showcase his talent.
        He didn't torn ligue 1 but it was after a world cup year, was one month injuried and one month away for asian cup.

Championship is so well scouted that we can see where ansarifard and ezza ended after their championship spell

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          He didn't torn ligue 1 but it was after a world cup year, was one month injuried and one month away for asian cup.

Championship is so well scouted that we can see where ansarifard and ezza ended after their championship spell
          he did do well though in his first ligue 1 season, especially given the circumstances.....

agree though on championship not being a good place for our guys to cattapolt to somewhere better it hasn't worked for anyone. only way I'll be glad to see a championship move is if it is a guy like ezzatolahi or cheshmi who embodies all of the demands of the league and joins a team that has a shot at promotion. otherwise it is not a league that should be a destination for our top guys like saman
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Not arguing why he didn't tear it up, just stating that he hasn't done so, and for this reason, we still can't claim that he's an EPL caliber player. He still has to prove himself.

Ezzatolahi was injured badly as soon as he transferred there, and just because it didn't work out for him, doesn't mean it won't for others.

Ansarifard was already 27/28/29 years old when he joined the Championship. - Unless he was a stellar player who was irreplaceable, which clearly isn't the case, why would any teams from top 4 leagues take the risk of paying for his transfer?
            Would you pay for a 29 year old, who isn't even the best striker in Iran, when you have several more proven EU strikers that can play for another 7-8 years?

Ghoddos is 25, has a few years left, and can still make the move into a top 4 league, if he does really well in the Championship.

Comment

At least we don’t have to watch another Amiens game of football, was less exciting than watching paint dry.

Comment

According to a few Twitter reports, the clubs have agreed on a fee, and Brentford are now discussing personal terms with Saman.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  At least we don’t have to watch another Amiens game of football, was less exciting than watching paint dry.
                  yup the whole of french league 1 seems a borefest..!? i suppose i dont watch enough to have a good opinion on it but the whole league seems less inspiring than championship to me..??
                  i think the only club with more boring to watch games for us irani fans was birdman's Rubin..!

Comment

interesting comment on some chat site..!

"Ghoddos played under Potter at Ustersunds. I wonder why Potter didn’t go back for him (especially if he is so great at developing players such as Maupay ) and potentially £13m cheaper?"
                    yup... surprised too.... BHA is badly in need of a player of his exact pedigree and especially in all offensive positions in which saman excels..? wonder if the reason coulda been because of ARJ's flop woulda made it hard sell to their fan-base..??

Comment

I really don't understand how some members here are supporting this move. This is a travesty. We only had two players playing in the top five leagues and now one of them is going to the championship, the f*cking championship.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                        Not arguing why he didn't tear it up, just stating that he hasn't done so, and for this reason, we still can't claim that he's an EPL caliber player. He still has to prove himself.

Ezzatolahi was injured badly as soon as he transferred there, and just because it didn't work out for him, doesn't mean it won't for others.

Ansarifard was already 27/28/29 years old when he joined the Championship. - Unless he was a stellar player who was irreplaceable, which clearly isn't the case, why would any teams from top 4 leagues take the risk of paying for his transfer?
                        Would you pay for a 29 year old, who isn't even the best striker in Iran, when you have several more proven EU strikers that can play for another 7-8 years?

Ghoddos is 25, has a few years left, and can still make the move into a top 4 league, if he does really well in the Championship.
                        What Krafth did to prove he is EPL material with his newcastle move? Ghoddos' Europa league (specially against Arsenal), experience in World cup isn't enough? Does he need to score 4 goals in Champions league final that his clubs doesn't play?

Comment

seems deal is done. it's all over Twitter!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

What Krafth did to prove he is EPL material with his newcastle move? Ghoddos' Europa league (specially against Arsenal), experience in World cup isn't enough? Does he need to score 4 goals in Champions league final that his clubs doesn't play?
                            I dont really get what is the point of this. We know that some countries and teams underestimate our players achievements. Im sure if saman was swedish hed be playing in bundesliga or la liga, but it is what it is. I really dont understand the point of repeating over and over every living and waking second that iranians are being treated unfairly.

I feel like some people really go home and cry about this stuff. Hopefully the players dont have such a lame mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
                              I really don't understand how some members here are supporting this move. This is a travesty. We only had two players playing in the top five leagues and now one of them is going to the championship, the f*cking championship.
                              Agreed

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                I dont really get what is the point of this. We know that some countries and teams underestimate our players achievements. Im sure if saman was swedish hed be playing in bundesliga or la liga, but it is what it is. I really dont understand the point of repeating over and over every living and waking second that iranians are being treated unfairly.

I feel like some people really go home and cry about this stuff. Hopefully the players dont have such a lame mentality.
                                Saman is also swedish with a swedish passport

Comment

Working...
                                X