Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Brentford fans looking at twitter and there forum seem to be a bit confused on his style of play, they are expecting a 20
    Goal a season striker when he is more of a playmaker. He can definitely help provide that many goals with his assists as well but they do seem slightly confused.

Comment

Someone keep him the hell away from Persian Palace on the Uxbridge Rd

Comment

He can play false 9. In their system, and unless they sign a striker before the window closes (seen a few names mentioned), he will be played upfront and score goals, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
          Hahaha I was thinking that! Andranik was there 24/7 during his Fulham stint.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
            Food not good there?
            He can def play the false 9, just some of them think their getting a classic centre forward, read one guy who said he was a goal poacher. Joker.

Comment

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/1158870514896691206

Kaveh Solhekol reporting on this.

Comment

Well they obviously have some money left could sign another striker as well

Comment

Aston Villa will be buying their RW Benrahma for circa £15m. Brentford value their players and sell if the value is met but do not sell for a penny less.

If he goes, that will be 4 players sold this year for about £60m, all the more incredible when you look at what the club paid for them.

Maupay
                  Bought for £1.8m from Saint-Etienne (summer 17)
                  Sold for £21m to Brighton

Benrahma
                  Bought for £1.5m from Nice (summer 18)
                  Sold for £15m to Aston Villa (TBC?)

Konsa
                  Bought for £2.5m from Charlton (summer 18)
                  Sold for £12m to Aston Villa

Mepham
                  Bought for free from Chelsea academy (summer 12)
                  Sold for £12m to Bournemouth in January

So yeah, you could say they have money. They've spent £25-30m on 8 players so they're stacked with quality in most departments, they just need a goalscorer.

By contrast, Amiens don't have a reputation of transfers to bigger clubs. The only one I can see is Ndombele to Lyon (who is now at Tottenham).

Do you want him to playing in the 3rd most attended league in the world at a club where he'll be playing a staring role, scoring goals and in the shop window for Premier League clubs within the next 18 months, as has become standard for marquee players at Brenford? Or do you want him playing out of position, battling relegation for an unfancied club in League 1? I know which I'd rather.

Comment

Thanks for the valuable information, Malkay.

Don't know how I feel about this transfer, but if our English members are content with it, it's hard to argue against it.

One concern, however, Saman isn't a natural #9 or an out-and-out goalscorer like Maupay. He's more of a false #9 or attacking midfielder. I hope Brentford isn't buying him with hopes that he'll fill Maupay's role single-handedly. I know they may be in the market for another striker, but I just hope that they know Saman's true strengths and complement them accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      Thanks for the valuable information, Malkay.

Don't know how I feel about this transfer, but if our English members are content with it, it's hard to argue against it.

One concern, however, Saman isn't a natural #9 or an out-and-out goalscorer like Maupay. He's more of a false #9 or attacking midfielder. I hope Brentford isn't buying him with hopes that he'll fill Maupay's role single-handedly. I know they may be in the market for another striker, but I just hope that they know Saman's true strengths and complement them accordingly.
                      As Malkay said their known for having a very impressive scouting network so I’m sure they would know to play him to his strengths , hopefully .

Comment

He can score 10-15 goals in the Championship
                        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Another thing to consider is that in the Championship they play 46 matches (in comparison to 38 in the Premier League)

15-20 goals is attainable for Saman if he’s played in the right position and if he’s given PK and/or free kick duty (which fans on Brentfords forums seem to want)

Comment

I hope he stays. Ligue 1 is still one of the 5 major leagues and our players always underperform in the championship because of the league's style.

Comment

Saman should Stay in league 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Why is this poor guy so unlucky? He's a top talent but he's always on the bench and now they wanna ship him off to the championship?

Comment

Working...
                                X